100. You may not vote on this poll
  • He sucks and needs to GTFO

74 74.00%
  • Keep him, he is an important part of our team

26 26.00%
Page 12 of 64 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    On a side related note, how much can we blame Bargnani's offensive struggles on the coaching staff? He was never this horrible before Casey. Since Casey joined, the Raptors have been one of the worse offensive teams in the league and a lot of our players struggled last year offensively. How much does that affect guys like Bargnani, Derozan, etc?
    i don't think it's the coaching staff. he's being surpassed in the pecking order by Lowry and now Derozan and he doesn't know how to fit in. he's not getting the ball the way he used to and in order to justify his existence he knows he has to be shooting. that's why i'd like him to go to the bench ASAP. if he gets some burn while one or both of the other 2 are on the bench his teammates will look for him more in favorable positions.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    it doesn't necessarily. but Bargnani has the ball much more often then West and yet racks up consistently fewer assists. which is exactly what i am alluding to. even if Bargnani can make a bounce pass through a tire at 100 yards it's all for nothing if you don't use it. West's consistently higher numbers suggest he is either better at it, or more willing.
    Usage doesn't always equal to assist, especially relative to the players role. Though I agree West isn't as tunnel visioned as Bargnani, and is more willing to pass.

i'm not suggesting you are a Bargnani fan. but if you are a Raptors fan you probably see more of Bargnani's passing than you do West's. human nature..
    That's true. Though from watching, I do think Bargnani is a solid passer, even though his assist might say otherwise

a fair question but statistics and common sense are on my side on this one. so does it really matter? and besides, my frustration isn't with Bargnani, it's with the organizations horrible and ongoing misuse of his abilities. like you, i just want to win
    This coaching staff and his abilities don't work. Casey can't set up the offense at all. He basically tells Bargnani to take the ball and either drive or shoot. That's why I think Bargnani needs a new change of scenery since I don't think Casey will be a good enough offensive coach to utilize his talents/abilities.

This conversation has probably run it's course.

vCash
    i don't think it's the coaching staff. he's being surpassed in the pecking order by Lowry and now Derozan and he doesn't know how to fit in. he's not getting the ball the way he used to and in order to justify his existence he knows he has to be shooting. that's why i'd like him to go to the bench ASAP. if he gets some burn while one or both of the other 2 are on the bench his teammates will look for him more in favorable positions.
    I'm not talking about just this season. During Triano's tenure, Bargnani was a solid offensive player and performed to a good degree because we had an offensive minded coach. I don't think Casey is using him properly.

I'm not 100% sure about Bargnani on the bench. Some days, I think he's a slow starter, some days I think he gets hot to begin the game. I'm mixed on that issue.

vCash
    Brilliant performance tonight. 2 boards in 30min.

What a stud.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    I'm not talking about just this season. During Triano's tenure, Bargnani was a solid offensive player and performed to a good degree because we had an offensive minded coach. I don't think Casey is using him properly
    well i definitely don't agree with you there. last season Bargnani was playing the best ball of his career, only an injury derailed him.

it's only this season, with Kyle Lowry asserting himself and Derozan stepping forward that Bargnani has really forced the issue.

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash
    well i definitely don't agree with you there. last season Bargnani was playing the best ball of his career, only an injury derailed him.

it's only this season, with Kyle Lowry asserting himself and Derozan stepping forward that Bargnani has really forced the issue.
    Well for the first 7 games, Casey was allowing Bargnani to operate more on offense and revolving the offense around him. But when Bargnani came back from injury, there was a lack of offensive plays for him IMO and he forced a lot of shots because of it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rego247 View Post
    Brilliant performance tonight. 2 boards in 30min.

What a stud.
    and shot 3-13!!! thats good right?

SWAGUEZ!!!

vCash
    Bargs+Calderon for Josh Smith!!! I think we can convince J-Smoove to stay and he would fit in with Casey's system

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tmath View Post
    82% want him gone.

Fans have spoken, ship him the **** out.
    lmao! So the consensus is a total of 40 voters? Really.. The fans have spoken? Really? All i see is the same 5-6 andrea haters that we all know off. The fans are not us 50 posters max in this forum. My residential area has 10000xxx more fans. I get quite the chuckle because it's the same broken record again and again. Like someone else stated your in for a long and miserable life as long as Colangelo is here. In the meantime i will cheer my players on and not talk **** about them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenfidish View Post
    lmao! So the consensus is a total of 40 voters? Really.. The fans have spoken? Really? All i see is the same 5-6 andrea haters that we all know off. The fans are not us 50 posters max in this forum. My residential area has 10000xxx more fans. I get quite the chuckle because it's the same broken record again and again. Like someone else stated your in for a long and miserable life as long as Colangelo is here. In the meantime i will cheer my players on and not talk **** about them.
    that was you wasn't it

haha

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenfidish View Post
    That sounds pretty dogmatic.

vCash
    Power forwards are easy to find. If Bargs nets us a sick starting SF, lets do it.

2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

vCash
    He stinks. How is this debate still alive? OK, he can score 20 points. So can Mike James and most NBAers if you give them the touches and space.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dol-Fan View Post
    He stinks. How is this debate still alive? OK, he can score 20 points. So can Mike James and most NBAers if you give them the touches and space.
    IMO one of his biggest problems is that he just isn't very smart.

It's hard to imagine being that clueless out there after 6 years in the NBA. I mean WTF.

Other players like MWP are also pretty dumb, but their ball sense is often pretty damn good.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ink View Post
    IMO one of his biggest problems is that he just isn't very smart.

It's hard to imagine being that clueless out there after 6 years in the NBA. I mean WTF.

Other players like MWP are also pretty dumb, but their ball sense is often pretty damn good.
    Absolutely. He's dumb, clumsy, unaware, and lackadaisical. Very problematic combination, even for a talented scorer.

Page 12 of 64 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast