100. You may not vote on this poll
  • He sucks and needs to GTFO

74 74.00%
  • Keep him, he is an important part of our team

26 26.00%
Page 21 of 64 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by North Yorker View Post
    Depends what we could get for him. Im not in favour of just giving him away. This team is too inept offensively.
    This...

You don't just give or trade a player away just for the sake of trading him... Seriously I don't think our losing streak is all on him... There are times when I see they are losing and no one passes him the ball instead I see Demar shoot for 3 or Amir take a long 2.. Like WTF. Anyway if we can combine him and or Calderon for a superstar then I say pull the trigger.

Quote Originally Posted by knicksfan42 View Post
    ...For me a large part of it is that they were rivals. LeBron vs Wade was a great rivalry and for them to team up just doesn't sit right with me. It would've been cool if LeBron had gone to the Bulls.....
    and Bosh to the Heat to join Wade. That would've been awesome... I would've respected LeBron way more if he went there.
    Why have great rivals when you can join them and have none.... Lebron James where losing the spirit of competition happens!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenfidish View Post
    This is were i totally disagree with you. As you know andrea is one of the only players on our team that gets doubled more often then any other player. "The TEAM" does not create easy chance points or space for him. On a great team, with a true leader and not a bunch of rookies, he would thrive. Andrea wide open would kill you. You can't deny that. Most of his shots have been terrible because of team execution. They don't run or set the right plays for him. They also have no one to draw double teams to leave him open. Thats why lowry is crucial to andrea. He is the only other player that can do that. Just recently derozan has had a few doubles but nothing big imo. Teams know that and they camp out in front of andrea all the ****ing time.
    I couldn't agree with this more but many fail to see that far... Most like to just point fingers and when we are losing someone needs to take the blame and GTFO

...For me a large part of it is that they were rivals. LeBron vs Wade was a great rivalry and for them to team up just doesn't sit right with me. It would've been cool if LeBron had gone to the Bulls.....
    and Bosh to the Heat to join Wade. That would've been awesome... I would've respected LeBron way more if he went there.
    Why have great rivals when you can join them and have none.... Lebron James where losing the spirit of competition happens!

vCash
    On a great team, with a true leader and not a bunch of rookies, he would thrive. Andrea wide open would kill you. You can't deny that.
    well gee Glen the league is full of guys that would kill you when they are wide open. why should we pay Andrea 10 million when that role can easily be filled for much less?
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    well gee Glen the league is full of guys that would kill you when they are wide open. why should we pay Andrea 10 million when that role can easily be filled for much less?
    Who are you comparing him to??? He's a 7ft that can shoot lights out from three when he doesn't have all eyes on him how can that be easily replaced... There are players that are getting payed max money to be a second option and others that are getting payed just as much as Andrea or more (example Amare on the knicks). Not sure what the point is here?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ghettosean View Post
    Who are you comparing him to??? He's a 7ft that can shoot lights out from three when he doesn't have all eyes on him how can that be easily replaced... There are players that are getting payed max money to be a second option and others that are getting payed just as much as Andrea or more (example Amare on the knicks). Not sure what the point is here?
    the fact that he is 7 feet tall is irrelevant. you don't need to spend 10 million to find someone who can hit open threes.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by djsunyc View Post
    apparently casey on radio today said bargs was the "3rd option". it would explain a lot. he's had bad stretches before but this is different than i've seen him play. he is forcing and rushing everything on offense. last year he was getting the ball more in the post and within the circle. we ran little picks for him to get jumpers. but now...he's basically parked out at the 3 point line. and when he gets it, if he doesn't pass it off immediately, he is rushing his shot afraid he's not going to get it back. and it's effected his entire game.

so here's the question:

1. why has bargs role been bumped down in the offense? is casey that high on lowry + derozan backcourt that they can carry the load?

2. and is this step one in phasing him out of the team picture?

i think it's clear to see from everyone, that his play is just looking downright weird these days...so i'm not sure exactly what's going on. but we need him to turn things around.
    We're playing a motion offense this year. Andrea parked out at the 3 point line is a result of his poor game sense.

Bargnani has been bumped down because he has never been an effective scorer. He'll always be that player that'll need 25 shots to get 20 points. And when he's not scoring, he's beyond detrimental to the team. I'm glad that Casey is starting to realize this.
    Last edited by Freakazoid; 11-16-2012 at 07:20 PM.

vCash
    the fact that he is 7 feet tall is irrelevant. you don't need to spend 10 million to find someone who can hit open threes.
    He doesn't even have the shooting touch to do that anymore either.

vCash
    Any Bargs life in hoops, anyone? ops he doesn't deserve love, he is expendable .

vCash
    Tim Chisholm ‏@timpchisholm
    Wait, is Marc Gasol REALLY averaging more assists than Bargnani is rebounds? Yes, yes he is.

SWAGUEZ!!!

vCash
    He can do way more then hit open three's. He spreads the floor and demands double teams. The only other player who does that currently is lowry. The fact that he can take the opposing teams best big outside is an asset not being taken advantage of from Derozan and others. He does way more then stats show but wdik

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Freakazoid View Post
    We're playing a motion offense this year. Andrea parked out at the 3 point line is a result of his poor game sense.

Bargnani has been bumped down because he has never been an effective scorer. He'll always be that player that'll need 25 shots to get 20 points. And when he's not scoring, he's beyond detrimental to the team. I'm glad that Casey is starting to realize this.
    Dumbest thing i have heard in a while and full of excuses.. Go take a look at how many carmelo puts up and misses. When he scores they come in bunches. The game is not won in the first three quarters we all know that. It always comes down to the final quarter and thats were he can make big shots and bring us back into games.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tmath View Post
    I see the old lady us out lmao

vCash
    Dumbest thing i have heard in a while and full of excuses.. Go take a look at how many carmelo puts up and misses. When he scores they come in bunches. The game is not won in the first three quarters we all know that. It always comes down to the final quarter and thats were he can make big shots and bring us back into games.
    Let's just forget the fact that you're defining a 6th man and that Melo helps his team out in areas other than scoring...

His field goal percentage in the 4th quarter and OT last year (his "breakout season") was 33.9%.

Comparatively, Demar Derozan's is 46.2%.
    Even Tyreke Evans, who you think is inferior has a higher field goal percentage with 42.1%.

For ***** and giggles...
    Amir Johnson 59.3% and 57.5%
    Ed Davis 56.6% and 41.7%.

This year, he's even worse with a field goal percentage of 23.8%.

Please, I've love to hear all about how Andrea Bargnani is the 7 foot Micheal Jordan and will single handedly win us games with his scoring./s

Show me to a single statistic that points to Andrea Bargnani being an effective scorer. (Spoiler Alert: There isn't one).
    Last edited by Freakazoid; 11-17-2012 at 12:44 AM.

vCash
    that argument got old 3 years ago. I can't believe people still try to use that as an argument.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Freakazoid View Post
    Let's just forget the fact that you're defining a 6th man and that Melo helps his team out in areas other than scoring...

His field goal percentage in the 4th quarter and OT last year (his "breakout season") was 33.9%.

Comparatively, Demar Derozan's is 46.2%.
    Even Tyreke Evans, who you think is inferior has a higher field goal percentage with 42.1%.

For ***** and giggles...
    Amir Johnson 59.3% and 57.5%
    Ed Davis 56.6% and 41.7%.

This year, he's even worse with a field goal percentage of 23.8%.

Please, I've love to hear all about how Andrea Bargnani is the 7 foot Micheal Jordan and will single handedly win us games with his scoring./s

Show me to a single statistic that points to Andrea Bargnani being an effective scorer. (Spoiler Alert: There isn't one).
    We were talking about fg attempts and scoring now you are talking about other things. Your all over the map.

Forget about last year since he was injured, go and take a look since you like stats at the 2009/2010 and 2010/2011 season fg%.. Just so you know he was up there with the like of carmelo, kobe, derrick rose, monta ellis, kevin martin, granger, westbrook etc etc etc.. That talk about how many he shoots and makes is lame..

Page 21 of 64 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast