Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Casey's Rotations

Don't get me wrong, im a big fan of Dwane Casey, BUT does anyone else hate his rotations?

The guy goes 10-11 deep sometimes, all the good teams have way tighter rotations. This keeps the players in flow, and get them used to playing together more too build more chemistry. One game Ross or Ed get 30 minutes, next game they get 15. It's not like there performing bad. Thoughts?

vCash
    Most of us agree that Casey is atrocious with rotations but he's the kind of coach that likes to match up opposing rosters individually. That means if some nights he feels Kleiza is better suited out there, and other nights he feels it should be Ross out there with DD sliding over to SF, then that's how it's going to be. The inconsistency is frustrating, but that's just how Casey is. He only rewards his regulars (pretty much only DD, Lowry, and Bargs) with consistent playing time.

vCash
    id love for ross to get more playing time... problem is we have a log jam at the 2/3 position with derozan, ross, fields, kleiza, pietrus, and anderson. may not seem like it now since anderson and fields are injured but once they return it will be a dog fight for mins at the 2/3 imo.

lowry/calderon
    derozan/ross/anderson
    fields/kleza/peitrus
    bargs/ davis
    jonas/amir

thats 12 guys already .. who would you snub ? plus i didnt even include lucas and gray as it is. i think an 11man rotation is the tightest were going to see with this squad.

vCash
    Statistically, Ross shoots a lot better when we're down or up by more than 5 points. This leads me to believe that Ross is a lot more comfortable when he thinks he'll get more minutes. This is a problem because he has to show Casey he's ready to play at any given minute.

vCash
    Am I the only one that thinks Ross is the X-factor for us. Never understand how we have bad shooting night or offense isn't there yet Ross sits on the bench. Not sure the stats but from watch games to me our best line up is Lowry, Ross, Demar,Davis and Jonas. Not sure the stats like I said but they seems to play well together. If any of you statistic freaks can find that info it would be appreciated.

Canadian in Carolina. University of South Carolina Beaufort.
    vCash
    i loved that lineup we had in the 4th vs denver.. with ross and davis .. love to see it more
    http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/229/files/2013/11/NOAH.gif

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS 2014 SUPERBOWL CHAMPIONS!- BEASTMODE

BLUE JAYS

twitter
    https://twitter.com/NicolasONeill_

vCash
    its not his fault players are being given an opportunity to play and noone has stepped up yet to earn it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ramz.n View Post
    its not his fault players are being given an opportunity to play and noone has stepped up yet to earn it
    What has Ross and Davis been doing?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BALLER R View Post
    Am I the only one that thinks Ross is the X-factor for us. Never understand how we have bad shooting night or offense isn't there yet Ross sits on the bench. Not sure the stats but from watch games to me our best line up is Lowry, Ross, Demar,Davis and Jonas. Not sure the stats like I said but they seems to play well together. If any of you statistic freaks can find that info it would be appreciated.
    definitely sounds like it would be our best lineup

according to 82games.com it's rarer than a bargnani offensive rebound though. not in our 20 most often used combinations.
    Last edited by Jamiecballer; 12-05-2012 at 07:45 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BALLER R View Post
    They've never used that line up and Davis has never played with Jonas or not enough to conclude anything.

vCash
    Lowry-DeRozan-Kleiza-Davis-Valanciunas

from 82games

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    Lowry-DeRozan-Kleiza-Davis-Valanciunas

from 82games
    oops missed that. That's not a very good lineup though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Freakazoid View Post
    oops missed that. That's not a very good lineup though.
    you take that back. that's the one i want to see start

well, want is a strong word. that was my alternative if we used Bargnani as 6th.
    Last edited by Jamiecballer; 12-05-2012 at 08:02 PM.

vCash
    When a 5 year old is more capable than putting a better rotation than you, then you should never be a coach.

2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

vCash
    Yea casey's rotations suck

He doesn't know how to manage time between his players and who to keep on and when

U are not the only one lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast