Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: 0-8

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    University of Arkansas At Pine Bluff and Detroit, Michigan
    Posts
    4,705
    vCash
    1500

    0-8

    lol.... remember when you guys said "ESPN hates the Pistons" and "NBA 2K hates the Pistons because of our rankings?

    Now you guys faced reality, this team is horrendous

    This is absolutely embarrassing... 0-8 and this team may not get a win until we play Orlando because we always play Orlando good.

    But if this team doesn't beat Orlando then I can't see this team getting a potential win until we play Toronto so that's a 0-12 start... this team is on a epic losing streak right now and this team blows

    2012 - Arkansas Pine Bluff Baseball Player - Outfielder

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Saginaw, MI
    Posts
    15,159
    vCash
    3312
    2K rating Drummond as a 59 is probably why Frank doesn't play him enough!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    5,768
    vCash
    1500
    Toronto is a better team then us, what makes you think we will just beat them

    unreal

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    University of Arkansas At Pine Bluff and Detroit, Michigan
    Posts
    4,705
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by shyfly24 View Post
    Toronto is a better team then us, what makes you think we will just beat them

    unreal
    lol smh its all bad right now

    2012 - Arkansas Pine Bluff Baseball Player - Outfielder

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    63,623
    vCash
    2000
    If we lose to Orlando I may just quit this website.



    Catches: Yards: TDs:

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    197
    vCash
    1500
    If we have 20% equity in most of these games, eventually we will win 1.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,634
    vCash
    1500
    Drummond would give the Pistons recognition if they started him. He's just fun to watch.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    lukass' closet
    Posts
    4,482
    vCash
    1500
    We are actually a better team than 0-8.

    Thats said I blame this horrible start on 3 guys mainly.

    Frank. Enough said. Had it with him.
    Prince. Suppose to be the Vet on the team. Help the young guys in crunch time.
    Knight. He's the PG. Suppose to be the floor general.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Detroit, Michigan
    Posts
    7,413
    vCash
    1500
    Bring on the Lottery again, we need as much talent as possible. Bring back Big Ben to teach toughness and motivate the team.
    $9.99

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,748
    vCash
    1500
    Fire Frank! Can anyone explain why Drummond and Monroe don't get to play together?

    Last night, even though Maxiell had a nice game, I think a lineup of Stuckey/Singler/Jerebko/Monroe/Drummond or Bynum/Stuckey/Singler/Monroe/Drummond could have worked. Then again, what do I know I am just a fan.

    This team is better than the record shows, not much though. However, if we keep starting and giving significant minutes to Prince and Maxiell, I want to lose every game. Give the young guys a shot, the vets obviously aren't getting it done.

    EDIT/ADDITION: Also I do not blame Frank completely. With all of this sucking the last few years, we have only moved Gordon. So I blame Dumars equally, if not more, than Frank.
    Last edited by streetballa; 11-13-2012 at 01:57 PM.
    "When your team is winning, be ready to be tough, because winning can make you soft; on the other hand, when your team is losing, stick by them. Keep believing."
    -Bo Schembechler

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    East Lansing, MI
    Posts
    6,810
    vCash
    1500
    At least we are winning the Shabazz lottery. I don't see Dumars being around after this season, but who knows..

    Matt Carpenter
    .300 AVG, 1 HR, 6 RBI, .431 OBP, .375 SLG, .806 OPS, .371 wOBA, 136 wRC+, .4 fWAR, 126 OPS+



  12. #12
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    3,220
    vCash
    1500
    **** i posted in the wrong thread

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    56
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by streetballa View Post
    Fire Frank!
    Perhaps. However, this will be another coaching change for most of the players. I would assume it's difficult to develop young talent and instill a methodology amongst veterans with constant changes to the coaching staff.

    Look at the coaching situation for the Lakers. How much attention has been paid to the differences in systems between Jackson, Brown, and D'Antoni and trying to determine which would be easiest to learn for a team of hall of fame players.

    Now imagine putting the Pistons through yet another coaching change. How difficult do you think this would be on the players? For some of our players this would be their fourth or fifth head coach with the team, for most their second or third head coach. In my opinion another change in leadership will only continue to hinder the development of the team.

    At some point the team needs to play it out. Attempt to build something vs. always trying to tinker.

    Quote Originally Posted by streetballa View Post
    Can anyone explain why Drummond and Monroe don't get to play together?
    Match ups.

    Greg Monroe would have difficulty guarding a lot of power forwards in this league. He doesn't appear to have the speed to guard a lot of the more athletic and versatile forwards. However, if Andre Drummond can turn into a dominant rim protector. We could afford to play Monroe at the "4" more often in my opinion. Yet, if the other team has a real shooter at the "4" it would still be problematic. I mean imagine Monroe out on the perimeter. We would surely have to play more of a zone style defense with a Monroe and Drummond front court.

    On the offensive side of the ball. Spacing would be an issue for a while.

    Greg Monroe is a good passer and Drummond has surprisingly good hands. So a high-low type of game similar to a C. Webb/Divac or a dual post Duncan/Robinson back in the day. Could work. However, considering the inefficiency of the rest of the teams offense, it doesn't seem plausible that we run an offensive featuring Monroe working up in the high post.If we continue to run stricly iso's and pick and rolls. I don't think we'll see too much efficiency from a Monroe and Drummond front court.

    Quote Originally Posted by streetballa View Post
    I think a lineup of Stuckey/Singler/Jerebko/Monroe/Drummond or Bynum/Stuckey/Singler/Monroe/Drummond could have worked.
    See above. But, also, do you really think Singler can guard shooting guards? Jerebko vs. some of the beast-mode SF's?

    Quote Originally Posted by streetballa View Post
    Then again, what do I know I am just a fan.
    This is the problem. A lot of us fans ***** and moan way to much. And we all think we know more than we do.

    I mean honestly we're talking about grown men and professionals. They are trying to win. Frank, Dumars, and the players have forgotten more about hoops then we currently know.

    The pistons are bad. But the staff is trying to win and put out a quality product. If someone isn't playing, or someone still has a job. There is a reason for it and it's insulting of us to pretend like we know better.

    Quote Originally Posted by streetballa View Post
    This team is better than the record shows, not much though.
    I agree.

    Quote Originally Posted by streetballa View Post
    However, if we keep starting and giving significant minutes to Prince and Maxiell,I want to lose every game. Give the young guys a shot, the vets obviously aren't getting it done.
    I agree Prince seems to be a step slow now-a-days. I would like to see some of his minutes go to Singler and Jerebko.

    I disagree about Maxiell though. Jason has consistently been a solid player for the Pistons and he's playing well this season. I think he gets the right ammount of minutes and he should be starting.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    353
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BlahaTRUTH View Post
    See above. But, also, do you really think Singler can guard shooting guards? Jerebko vs. some of the beast-mode SF's?
    Not sure how many SFs in the league can guard elite SFs like Lebron and Durant anyway

    Prince obviously isnt one either. So how can Jerebko n Singler be worse? One big big problem of ours is our lack of outside shooting to stretch the floor. Stuckey cant shoot, Prince is too slow for the game.

    Singler can shoot but i agree, i prefer him off the bench.
    Jerebko is 6'10", can potentially create matchup problem for many smaller SFs, n i think his hustle and perimeter defense can be helpful to this team. Not saying he can guard Lebron or Durant, but i m more comfortable with him guarding players like Batum, Rudy Gay or Paul George for example than Prince.

    I actually like Kim English and what he can bring to this team. He ill bring perimeter defense n 3 point shootings to this team. And thats something we deseperately need. Stuckey cannot hit his shots, n even when he's in better condition he is never a reliable shooter anyway. We need size, perimeter defense and 3 points from the 2 spot. Kim English actually isnt a bad idea




    Quote Originally Posted by BlahaTRUTH View Post
    I disagree about Maxiell though. Jason has consistently been a solid player for the Pistons and he's playing well this season. I think he gets the right ammount of minutes and he should be starting.
    Maxiell is ok, but he is a career backup. His upside is limited and i hate to see a 6'5" PF starting for us. Maxiell is unbeleivably bad at boxing out and grabbing defensive rebounds

    We need inside presence. Monroe cant really defend the 4(either athletic slashers or strech 4s) n 5 anyway. And Maxiell cant protect the rim becoz he is 5-6inches shorter than many opponents he faced. We need an inside presnece so that at least we wont be worried about the paint as much as we do

    We need an inside presence, blocks and DEFENSIVE REBOUNDS. Maxiell is not the answer. He is not an inside presence, not someone opponenet will be fear of and he is a terrible defensive rebounder


    I think one of Coach Frank's concern of starting Drummond is our lack of depth. "Who will be our backup C i we start Drummond n Monroe together??" Maxiell is 6'5" and thats undersized at the 5 even in Philipines or Hong Kong; i think Slava Kravtsov's development will be the key. If Coach Frank feels more comfortable with him being our primary backup C, i think Drummond will have a better chance of starting


    Outside shooting, perimeter D, post D, weak-side defense and defensive rebounding............5 areas we need to improve.

    I hope the starting lineup can be:

    Knight, Kim English, Jerebko, Monroe, Drummond

    backup: Stuckey, Singler, Prince, Maxiell, Kravtsov

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    8,575
    vCash
    1500
    Bit surprised at the slow start but hopefully this team can turn it around. A win tonight over Philly would be a good start.
    Favourite Teams:

    Boston Red Sox: 49-62, games this week vs. Cardinals (3), Angels (3)
    Indianapolis Colts: Good draft and off-season so far.
    Looking for new NBA team to cheer for
    Ottawa Senators: 37-31-14, season over, free agency begins this week.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •