Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: D.a

vCash
    You guys realize that Dennis Allen's initials are the opposite of Al Davis's?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dogdaddy View Post
    Obviously some fans on here are not happy with the direction things are going. With that said to guys like Snake and Stork, what evidence have you seen from RM and DA that the direction of this franchise is going in the right direction? Not just hope or give it 2 or 3 years cause that is unfair being you called for Hue's head after the first year. So give it time can not be justified when some may say the same about Hue or other coaches that were short lived by firing. Just looking for your opinion that things are on the right path. I think that is the frustration here is there is no improvement or heads aren't rolling. Maybe you can ease my mind a bit.
    There are no absolutes. I base much of my faith in Reggie McKenzie on the men that endorsed his hire. Ron Wolf not only did a great job evaluating and acquiring talent for the Raiders, he built a championship franchise in Green Bay.

John Madden had a better winning percentage than Lombardi as the Raiders head coach, but he spent three decades with the networks involved in the evolution of today's games. Yes, both have Raider credentials, but its their successful efforts away from the Raiders that enhances their bonafides.

Reggie McKenzie worked with the likes of Mike Holmgren and Mike McCarthy, he helped build the current Green Bay franchise, he endorsed Dennis Allen by hiring him.

I still believe that success and failure is about good people. Reggie McKenzie is the one man that can embrace the legacy of the Raiders and inject his own expertise. Does this guarantee that he will be successful? No, but having rooted for this team since Blanda's miracle season in 1970, I think that McKenzie's hiring is the most positive move this franchise has made since 1986.
    Last edited by Snake Plissken; 11-13-2012 at 10:49 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Repo Man View Post
    Do I hear conspiracy theory?

Just kidding

Interesting though, but doesn't mean squat
    Don't like me?

Go have a seat with the rest of the putas waiting for me to give a flying fk.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RickRossDaBoss View Post
    Our record indicates we're in transition???
    Ummmmmmm.... No.
    It indicates that this team has gotten worse. The coaching is a failure sure we are better on the penalties we don't have a league high but now we're letting opponents score more points then ever in franchise history?! I'd take Davis's player over any of Reg's players. D.a.'s defense should be better then this incosistancy goes back to the coach... Do i need to go into detail why ?
    Get ready raider nation we won't be considered anytime for a longggggggggg time and not only that we probably aren't going to be better than a knock off green bay packer team.. If youre fine with that then why don't you go buy yourself a cheese hat and skinny dip in a ice cold lake.
    Considered? Do you actually believe we were considered before? I'll say it again we were 7-4 and lost 4 out of the last 5 games to go 8-8 ,do you know what the rest of the league was saying after that.........."Same old Raiders can't get it done because they shoot themselves in the foot" Davis' players ? you mean Stanford Routte who couldn't stay on a 1-6 Chiefs team!!..really? I'd rather have a year like this knowing it will get better than continuing the same formula that made this organization the Laughingstck of the League!!

vCash
    Stop making excuses for D.A

I dont want him fired, i want him as our head coach

But there is no denying the last two weeks. We were rated the 11th defense two weeks ago and were 3-4 talking about a game out of first

Flash two weeks later. Defense gives up a record breaking amount to TB's runningback after we supposively had our d fixed

Than follow that with a 55 pt game against the ravens given up.

Yet were gonna blame the talent or lack there of? WE were the 11th Defense.

Say what you will but EVERY player we have is an NFL player. You get them ready and wanting to play on sundays for you, thats what a coach does. D.A is the first to say he didn't have them ready.

When he does we look really strong, he needs to prepare us better flat out. We need more talent but back to back weeks teams broke a team record on our D. Rushing for TB and pts for Baltimore.

But lets look past that? No i wont. He could have at least had us lose respectibly. KC is the only other team lookin as ridiculous as us the past two weeks. whats that tell you (romeo)

Representing that 330!!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dogdaddy View Post
    Obviously some fans on here are not happy with the direction things are going. With that said to guys like Snake and Stork, what evidence have you seen from RM and DA that the direction of this franchise is going in the right direction? Not just hope or give it 2 or 3 years cause that is unfair being you called for Hue's head after the first year. So give it time can not be justified when some may say the same about Hue or other coaches that were short lived by firing. Just looking for your opinion that things are on the right path. I think that is the frustration here is there is no improvement or heads aren't rolling. Maybe you can ease my mind a bit.
    I understand man, truly...but I have no reassurances. Sure, both McKenzie and Allen come with sterling pedigrees and top notch reccomendations, but there is no sure thing. Especially in the NFL.

However, I can tell you that I've been bouyed by the fact McKenze has found some talent in an offseason that afforded him almost zero resources, that he hasn't been afraid to begin the process of dropping dead legs off the roster, by the simple fact he fired Jackson- who lost the team and deserved to be fired, and by the fact he brought in a defensive minded staff to turn things around.

But I have no assurances for you. Being a fan of a professional sports team is quite akin to unrequited love. You do it without any hope of legitimate compensation for your time and pain.

Hope is for suckers, but its all we've got. Trust me when I say this, though...if it turns out this regime needs to go, I'll be squarely in the mix with you guys screaming for heads to roll. We deserve a winner.

However, we're going to need to give them another two offseasons...absolute bare minimum. More likely 3 or 4.

-Stork

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxfly View Post
    Considered? Do you actually believe we were considered before? I'll say it again we were 7-4 and lost 4 out of the last 5 games to go 8-8 ,do you know what the rest of the league was saying after that.........."Same old Raiders can't get it done because they shoot themselves in the foot" Davis' players ? you mean Stanford Routte who couldn't stay on a 1-6 Chiefs team!!..really? I'd rather have a year like this knowing it will get better than continuing the same formula that made this organization the Laughingstck of the League!!

What are you talking about I said considered any good for a lonngg time I'm not referring to last year. I am saying we are worse then last year though. Anyways how do you know it will get better ? We didn't make any moves that show that . We were 8-8 last year if we are supposed to be getting better it sure doesn't look like were headed in that direction. I'd take Stanford routte over pat lee or Joselio Hanson he might have committed penalties but he didn't allow all these guys to blow by him and score. You don't know why Routte got cut either he probably had an attitude problem. They didn't give him a 3 year 18 million dollar contract for nothing 6 mill guaranteed. If we were in a true transition year we would have traded any and all valuable talent before we installed a crap system.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake Plissken View Post
    Tom Flores followed Big Red and promptly went 9-7, which was the record Madden had when he stepped down. I know its hard to believe but 9-7 used to be considered an absolute disaster in Oakland.

Madden would take drags off his cigarette, yell, scream and after the game looked about as calm and collected as a man that spent the afternoon hanging out in a hurricane. His winning percentage was better than Lombardi's and he won a Super Bowl.

Tom Flores would chew his gum and pace the sidelines, the most excited I ever saw him was when he was fist pumping after a TD in Super Bowl XVIII. He went 9-7 in 1979 and started the season 2-3 in 1980, many were doubting his fire and drive, the man ended up winning two Super Bowls before it was said and done.

Sideline presence is overrated.
    Snake, I remember those details as if they happen yesterday.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxfly View Post
    I agree Max

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Repo Man View Post
    Could that be a sign of Doom?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ReBirthofNumber81 View Post

But there is no denying the last two weeks. We were rated the 11th defense two weeks ago and were 3-4 talking about a game out of first

Flash two weeks later. Defense gives up a record breaking amount to TB's runningback after we supposively had our d fixed

Say what you will but EVERY player we have is an NFL player. You get them ready and wanting to play on sundays for you, thats what a coach does. D.A is the first to say he didn't have them ready.

When he does we look really strong, he needs to prepare us better flat out. We need more talent but back to back weeks teams broke a team record on our D. Rushing for TB and pts for Baltimore.

But lets look past that? No i wont. He could have at least had us lose respectibly. KC is the only other team lookin as ridiculous as us the past two weeks. whats that tell you (romeo)
    first of all clarify 11th in what. it was obviously 11th in yards because we had still given up good amount of points. we jumped to 11th in yards because we played the jags without the worst starting qb(imagine how bad henne is) and their star rb(whose about half their offense) and the chiefs. any team can make a jump in yards allowed per game facing those 2. we were still giving up points and when we meet good offenses against the bucs and ravens we got exposed. drew brees is going to kill us. the defense even gave up a lot of points to the jags missing their only player lol. the D has been horrible from the start with 1.5 games or so of showing signs of adequacy.

Yall let me slip?!?!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RickRossDaBoss View Post
    What are you talking about I said considered any good for a lonngg time I'm not referring to last year. I am saying we are worse then last year though. Anyways how do you know it will get better ? We didn't make any moves that show that . We were 8-8 last year if we are supposed to be getting better it sure doesn't look like were headed in that direction. I'd take Stanford routte over pat lee or Joselio Hanson he might have committed penalties but he didn't allow all these guys to blow by him and score. You don't know why Routte got cut either he probably had an attitude problem. They didn't give him a 3 year 18 million dollar contract for nothing 6 mill guaranteed. If we were in a true transition year we would have traded any and all valuable talent before we installed a crap system.
    He probably had an attitude problem,yeah let's take him back....really? We didn't have the money or draft picks to get the players that would really make a difference AND fit the schemes Allen and Knapp are running. It is going to take time and the fact that we are finally doing things the right way I'm ok with that, For years Davis tried to win "right now" and it didn't work............it's time to tear it down and start over.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash47 View Post
    Could that be a sign of Doom?
    or the sign of....mooD...sorry just being goofy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ReBirthofNumber81 View Post

The bold is something that I'm glad someone notices. It's not like we get shafted and all of our players are back-ups on different teams. If some of our guys are released, I guarantee another team will pick them up.

Again, last year it was the coaches and this year it's the players according to top PSD executives.

Well the same players were on the verge of playoffs, with Routt @ coroner. The same Al Davis guy you all diss. What about RM's guys? Why don' they produce? They're just as bad, and time might show that they will be worse.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiderBeNasty View Post
    Jesus, **** like this is why i barley post on here. This site is full of cry babies. I have total respect for a lot of you but this kind of **** is annoying.
    That's what forums are for, opinions. I don't agree with people say, people don't agree with what I say. That's the nature of reading a forum filled of hardcore Raider fans.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast