Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: D.a

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dogdaddy View Post
    You are comparing Tom Landry and Dennis Allen as similar coaching styles. You have totally lost it. Coach Landry's players stood at attention in his presence. They would fight like hell for his approval. Dennis Allen hmmmm not so much. Wow.
    Coach Landry was and will always be known for his preperation for a game.

The secret to winning is constant, consistent management on and off the field. Let players know when they do right and when they do wrong.
    Tom Landry

So not Dennis Allen. Hope Coach Allen finds his own way, but he is no Landry.

Next.......
    Nobody has compared Allen to any of the forementioned coaches ,you're saying that because Allen shows little emotion it's a detriment to his coaching? Nobody said Allen was Landry or Belichick ,that being said neither Landry or Belichick would have a better shot at success with the group of players Allen has to work with. We need to let Allen do things the way HE does things and be patient.

vCash
    Lol....Landry didn't put up a winning season until his 7th season in the league. Can you imagine the apoplexy the fanbase here would exhibit if it took Allen 2 years to put one up? Let alone 7?

Patience grasshoppers. Or not...we do need some entertainment around here while we wait for legit draft talk.

-Stork

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackWidow View Post
    Consistancy... you cant expect a new coach every damn year.

Look how far that has gotten us.

DA will be a coach for a while. To put the blame on one person on or off the field is foolish.
    This.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shred003 View Post
    You'd need to understand history to realize Rex Ryan isn't the only coach in the NFL right now.

Furthermore, when the team is losing and WE - the fans - are angry, we need to see a coach who behaves himself at the behest of our emotional state!

So what if he has to deal with the same players he was yelling at irrationally during a game on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday - both before AND after we see the team play?

The team is LOSING! We need to see some fire and emotion from the coach! How else do we even know he cares...?!

That's what really counts, isn't it? How things look to outsiders?

Jokes aside, Landry is an excellent example of how a coach should conduct themselves. I don't want to see someone ranting and raving on the sidelines, I want to see someone who is calmly in control regardless of circumstance.

Dennis Allen is a disciple of Dan Reeves. I believe he will conduct himself in a similarly professional manner. I just hope, should Allen ever get to the Superbowl, that he can inspire a team to perform at a higher level then Reeves could.
    for a minute there Shred I thought you were serious. The more I read the crazier it sounded, then you admitted it was a joke and I breathed a sigh of relief. Unfortunately that is what some of these yahoos want. Instant gratification and outrageous emotional outburst. Not the way to do things at all. Stork you made a great point with the Landry paradigm. If the Cowboys would have fired him after the first couple years, what a debacle that would have been!

vCash
    I believe RM an DA will get this turned around, the coaching carousel has ended.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash47 View Post
    I believe RM an DA will get this turned around, the coaching carousel has ended.
    This is so important! People don't realize it takes more than one year for a team to turn around that has been F'd for so long.
    Don't like me?

Go have a seat with the rest of the putas waiting for me to give a flying fk.

vCash
    Wow all I was saying was Allen does nothing when something goes bad on the field. Show some emotion, a little. Then guys start bringing up other hall of fame coaches. I have accepted the fact that we will suck for a long time with these players. Stork you made that loud and clear. I thought I had a reasonable opinion that he doesn't look (key word look) like it bothers him. Perception goes a long way with a football team. Being a young coach with little to no track record,,,, a little emotion would be nice.

Widow,,, I never said anything about putting the blame on one person.... If you were refering to me...

vCash
    Wow all I was saying was Allen does nothing when something goes bad on the field. Show some emotion, a little. Then guys start bringing up other hall of fame coaches. I have accepted the fact that we will suck for a long time with these players. Stork you made that loud and clear. I thought I had a reasonable opinion that he doesn't look (key word look) like it bothers him. Perception goes a long way with a football team. Being a young coach with little to no track record,,,, a little emotion would be nice.

Widow,,, I never said anything about putting the blame on one person.... If you were refering to me...
    No I wasn't referring to you DD. Just saying in general really lol I see "so and so should be fired, or released." Just funny to me how Palmer, McFadden or DA get ALL the blame.
    Don't like me?

vCash
    I'm beginning to finally feel a sense of continuity, an end to the musical coaches, this is the actual first re-building of this team as we know it. Lets see where the new structure takes this team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash47 View Post
    I'm beginning to finally feel a sense of continuity, an end to the musical coaches, this is the actual first re-building of this team as we know it. Lets see where the new structure takes this team.
    quote of the damn day.
    Don't like me?

vCash
    Jesus, **** like this is why i barley post on here. This site is full of cry babies. I have total respect for a lot of you but this kind of **** is annoying.

vCash
    You are comparing Tom Landry and Dennis Allen as similar coaching styles. You have totally lost it. Coach Landry's players stood at attention in his presence. They would fight like hell for his approval. Dennis Allen hmmmm not so much. Wow.
    Coach Landry was and will always be known for his preperation for a game.

The secret to winning is constant, consistent management on and off the field. Let players know when they do right and when they do wrong.
    Tom Landry

So not Dennis Allen. Hope Coach Allen finds his own way, but he is no Landry.

Next.......
    I guess that I wil be 'next'....Dog, I don't think that he was saying that Allen is or will be as good as Landry or even have similar styles. I believe that Stork's was pointing out that even the 'Greats' start out slow, some are stoic, some outrageous. For example: Ditka 1982 3W-6L, Bill walsh '79 2W-14L '80 6 w -10-L, Chuck Noll '69 1W-13L '70 5W-9L '71 6W-8L. Those are some HOF coaches with sub-par records in their first + years. I bet you would be hard pressed to find anyone on any one of those teams say that from day one year one the entire team made their beds with hospital corners, snapped to attention at their very presence, or cried if they 'let the gipper' down. Maybe Irvin, but that guy is total revisionist history and full of crap. This took years, not weeks. No one knows what these guys think or do behind the line of sports reporting, it is kept in house. It is none of our business how a coach 'rolls'. I led my men in the army different that anyone before or during my tenure, some above me didn't understand it, but nearly to a man, my men, they loved me for it. This didn't happen from day 1. I had to learn it, I had to earn it. The same thing goes in DA's case.

vCash
    DA is here for atleast 3 years so we can give up the talk of him getting chopped or used as a scapegoat. That being said we can all agree our talent level is horrendous on this team.

CAN we please start a free agency - draft - cut people thread!!! I just hope we hit a home run in the draft like a JJ Watt comes to mind. Regardless our Head Coach is here for awhile so deal with it - lets get our contracts in order and start finding quality pieces to this puzzle.

vCash
    Scapegoat? What is this a soap opera? Come on, Man. Give this thing time and stop looking for the conspiracy theory.

vCash
    Scapegoat? No. Head Coach? Yes. This forum is beginning to get tedious. It used to be filled with Raider fans. Now it seems many of the posters are kids used to playing video games where you replace players minute by minute.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast