Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: D.a

vCash
    i like him too, but he needs to fire every single staff member.

Yall let me slip?!?!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dogdaddy View Post
    Don't want to get into the whole who should have been head coach stuff, but lets look what has been going on this year. If your going to suck and make major changes on how this organization runs ..... then do it. Its like we have picked up from last year and got worse. Players are not held accountable. Players are not losing their jobs.

Reggie - Maybe a trade or two to show that nobody is safe. Maybe cut a big name to show that your messing with the wrong guy. Fine someone for showing up to practice 5 minutes late and make sure its on ESPN. Make some noise. Anything.

Allen - Here is my beef with him. No emotion at all. Its summed it up for me when the announcer in the Miami game said after three missed tackles on a TD "Wow those players are going to get an earful from Allen when they get to the sidelines". Right then the camera's went to Allen and the defense was jogging off the field passing him to get to the sideline and not one word. Not even a change of expression. It was like he was listening to music and didn't catch the last play. I seen enough of that watching Cable and Shell stand on the sidelines like statues. You look at all the teams that are in the elite groups over the past years and their coach shows emotion on the sidelines and the players respond and feed off that. If someone like Gruden had a fake field goal against him when getting beat, he would have grabbed the defense and ripped some butt. Not DA, sat back and took it like a little girl. The only emotion DA has shown was when he got lit up in the media for smiling during a butt kicking of a game. Also did you notice the Baltimore coaches with less than two minutes to go in the game was still coaching like it was the second quarter.
    Bill Belichick has 3 SB and is the most stoic coach in the league..............yelling and screaming is overrated.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skyleralan View Post
    It is all about personnel, we didn't/don't have the cap to put a roster together. It doesn't matter who you had coaching this team, if you don't have capable players you will struggle. Reggie and D.A. knew this season would be hard, but you have to make due with the guys you have.

You have to give this roster and the front office/coaches time to start building THEIR program.
    It IS about the foundation of a continuing program that they will/have installed that will benefit the franchise moving forward. The next batch of players will be a better fit.....
    "An armed man is a citizen, an unarmed man is a subject"

Unknown

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxfly View Post
    Bill Belichick has 3 SB and is the most stoic coach in the league..............yelling and screaming is overrated.
    "Do your job"

-Bill Belichick

Thanks Max, the perfect guy to illustrate my earlier point.....

Unknown

vCash
    No. I do not believe that D.A. was brought in to serve as a stop-gap/scapegoat until R.M. gets 'his' guy/guy's in place.

D.A. stepped into one big pile of shizz when he accepted the HC position with this club. For me, the verdict is still out on him and giving him the benefit of the doubt seems more than reasonable at this juncture.

Next season, with a better cap situation, almost a full draft, and minus Knapp, I look for marked improvement, on both sides of the ball.

If D.A. keeps Knapp around after what he did to our offense this season, I will definitely question his judgement and leadership ability.
    "There is no greater fan of fly fishing than the worm." ~Patrick F. McManus

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by raiderdave View Post
    If Jackson was terrible and desrved the ax for being 8-8..btw he was 7-4 at about this point in season, despite starting qb going down, most of wrs hurt..etc....D.A...is 3-6 and us being embarrassed in games..then D.A. deserves the guillotine, or firing squad. The only guy keeping us in games was a Hue trade.
    It is true what you say but the win/loss record is too narrow of a metric to evaluate management by.

Had Hue not decided to lock horns with Reggie before he even occupied his own office, Mark Davis might have made an attempt to keep the guy around. Hue was a respectable play caller at times but was his own worst enemy as an administrator.

Put yourself in Reggie's shoes, he's just been given the keys to the franchise, he's not going to tolerate any disrespect from his staff. I suspect that you wouldn't either.

I suspect that everyone will be heralding McKenzie and Co. as geniuses in a couple of years while getting crocked in celebration of Lombardi #4....

Unknown

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by corralski View Post
    "Do your job"

-Bill Belichick

Thanks Max, the perfect guy to illustrate my earlier point.....
    Thanks dude!
    There are many here on the same page and many who just want wins for the sake of winning and I understand their hunger for success especially after the crap seasons we've had to deal with over the years ,but if you're gonna do it ...do it right.......this of course requires patience!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxfly View Post
    Who said anything about yelling and screaming. You can be vocal without all that. Im not asking Allen to go Woody Hayes on these guys. Just Coach. Bill B just doesn't stand like a statue and say nothing. Your not watching the same games I am. Bill B on two occasions this year that I seen showed his displeasure with his QB after throwing a pick. Watched the game, I know. In no way shape or form are these two coaches similar in coaching styles. Sorry that was a very bad example.

vCash
    Tom Landry is a pretty good example. He did alright for himself.

-Stork

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by themadstork View Post

-Stork
    There are a lot of different management styles, Landry was extremely stoic.

Al wasn't a fire and brimstone guy either, one thing for sure with Al-

He was like a piece of John Wayne toilet paper, rough, tough and wouldn't take **** off of nothin'......

Unknown

vCash

-Stork
    You are comparing Tom Landry and Dennis Allen as similar coaching styles. You have totally lost it. Coach Landry's players stood at attention in his presence. They would fight like hell for his approval. Dennis Allen hmmmm not so much. Wow.
    Coach Landry was and will always be known for his preperation for a game.

The secret to winning is constant, consistent management on and off the field. Let players know when they do right and when they do wrong.
    Tom Landry

So not Dennis Allen. Hope Coach Allen finds his own way, but he is no Landry.

Next.......

vCash
    Consistancy... you cant expect a new coach every damn year.

Look how far that has gotten us.

DA will be a coach for a while. To put the blame on one person on or off the field is foolish.
    Don't like me?

Go have a seat with the rest of the putas waiting for me to give a flying fk.

vCash
    No

/thread
    Don't like me?

Go have a seat with the rest of the putas waiting for me to give a flying fk.

vCash
    Tom Landry went 0-11-1 his first year. Seems to me Allen is ahead of that curve. Its utterly unfair to compare a Hall of Famer's legacy to that of a guy in the middle of his first year.

All I did was present an example of someone who doesn't rant and rave on the sidelines and get in people's faces. Allen, like Landry, is very stoic on the field. We have no idea what he's like behind closed doors.

All you know about Allen's coaching style is what you see through the media...in other words, you - like the rest of us - know nothing.

So no....I haven't lost it. Yet.

-Stork

vCash

-Stork
    You'd need to understand history to realize Rex Ryan isn't the only coach in the NFL right now.

Furthermore, when the team is losing and WE - the fans - are angry, we need to see a coach who behaves himself at the behest of our emotional state!

So what if he has to deal with the same players he was yelling at irrationally during a game on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday - both before AND after we see the team play?

The team is LOSING! We need to see some fire and emotion from the coach! How else do we even know he cares...?!

That's what really counts, isn't it? How things look to outsiders?

Jokes aside, Landry is an excellent example of how a coach should conduct themselves. I don't want to see someone ranting and raving on the sidelines, I want to see someone who is calmly in control regardless of circumstance.

Dennis Allen is a disciple of Dan Reeves. I believe he will conduct himself in a similarly professional manner. I just hope, should Allen ever get to the Superbowl, that he can inspire a team to perform at a higher level then Reeves could.

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast