Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: D.a

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxfly View Post
    We suppossedly had an all-pro football mind in Al Davis who ran this organization into the ground ,Davis hired Joe Bugel one year because the players liked him and the team went 4-12. This is a process and we have to be patient,I believe in Allen and am more than willing to give him 3 years but to do the same coach carrousel over and over again with the same crap results is INSANE!!!
    You are right we do have to stop changing coaches i agree but that dose not mean that we should stick with a guy that clearly is not a leader of men when the season is over things will be leaked out about Allen and we will all find out why he must go let's stop the revolving door by getting a real leader not just a good scheme or numbers guy but a coach that knows how to get the best out of any team he works with say what you will about big al he won 3 rings and was a proven leader of men looking at the body language of the raiders now you can see this is something Allen will never be good coach bad leader we have got to do better in order to compete in todays nfl .

Feel the wrath of the darkside.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiderx510 View Post
    You are right we do have to stop changing coaches i agree but that dose not mean that we should stick with a guy that clearly is not a leader of men when the season is over things will be leaked out about Allen and we will all find out why he must go let's stop the revolving door by getting a real leader not just a good scheme or numbers guy but a coach that knows how to get the best out of any team he works with say what you will about big al he won 3 rings and was a proven leader of men looking at the body language of the raiders now you can see this is something Allen will never be good coach bad leader we have got to do better in order to compete in todays nfl .
    It's no longer a debate about Al and his ways God bless him. This is about writing the epilogue to the Raider saga. You and many others are expecting things of Allen that just aren't going to be true. This hiring wasn't about who would come in and coach under Al, this was a hiring of choice and vetted through a process controlled by McKenzie, not anyone by the last name of Davis.

Give the man a chance, these are different times in Oakland. You'll see.....
    "An armed man is a citizen, an unarmed man is a subject"

Unknown

vCash
    Im sure D.A knows the Raider Nation is upset with him.
    im wonder how he will react 2mrrw.
    I just read that Jon Gruden will be in Oakland for the game to light ALs Flame.
    you know that stadium will still go crazy Chucky.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/football-o...71&feedID=2801

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stephkyle7 View Post
    ^ so we only need to wait 4 or 5 more losing seasons?
    Say it isn't so

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by corralski View Post
    It's no longer a debate about Al and his ways God bless him. This is about writing the epilogue to the Raider saga. You and many others are expecting things of Allen that just aren't going to be true. This hiring wasn't about who would come in and coach under Al, this was a hiring of choice and vetted through a process controlled by McKenzie, not anyone by the last name of Davis.

I do believe that

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by corralski View Post

I believe Allen is a good coach and i wish we had the time to waste so we could see what kind of leader he could turn out to be but we just don't have the time it's been years since we have been a team that can bang with the big boys how much more can the nation take ? We are already fighting among ourselves on this very site the players on the team like them or not hate this guy and the way he coaches them and will have a lot to say once the off season mercifully gets here about Allen and his ways in leadership . Why not get one of the many proven coaches that will be on the market next year? One that the players will respect right of the bat we need to turn this around now not later for i fear if we don't we're going to lose a lot more then games in the raider nation .

Feel the wrath of the darkside.

vCash
    Everyone needs to stop whining and complaining about Dennis Allen. Am I happy that we're sitting at 3-6? Hell no. But I am happy that we now have an actual general manager who is invested in a head coach who has received praise from everyone he's ever work with. Even our general manager was trained under the tutelage of Ron Wolf, one of the greatest GM's ever. Is Dennis Allen the main going into the future? Maybe, maybe not but it's definitely too early too soon to say.

You guys want to sit around and blame someone, why not blame the players? We have one of the worst, if not the worst, defenses across the board. Doesn't matter which position, they're all terrible. Our salary cap is strapped nearly to the max for players who are terribly over valued for what they bring to the table.

Many of you "fans" fail to realize that Al Davis (God bless his soul) ran this team into he ground in recent years due to his "vision," and terrible trust in people who didn't deserve it i.e. Hue Jackson. Al's decision in drafting and contract management, in additions to Hue Jackson's terrible trades/signings, are the reasons why we're here now. On top of that, how do any one of you expect for us to succeed with the lack of talent, and constant coaching change. Are you fans not tired of the "one and done" years? I want this team to win just as much as any of you, but I'm willing to give Reggie and Allen a chance to build this team from the floor up.

I simply refuse to believe that another head coach change would solve our problems. Sure Allen's made some mistakes and that should be expected of a new first time head coach. Before any of you start making comparisons to the 49ers, let me remind you that...

1) the 49ers have sucked for a long time; thus leading to high draft picks.

2) The 49ers have had much better success with player scouting/drafting than the Raiders who had Al making all the choices.

3) The 49ers literally handed over the keys to the best draft built team to Jim Harbaugh, an already established coach and some what successful former QB.

The reality is that this team is terrible on both sides of the ball no matter how you slice it. I think we could definitely move forward with Carson Palmer at QB and our WR's, but without a solid offensive line to create holes and pass protection, we're as good as dead at every snap. And of course our defense is just terrible from the line to the linebackers/defensive backs, and especially out secondary.

I'm so tired of many of you who think winning is so simple. Our front offices' goals is to build a perennial team like the Packers or Patriots. And right now, we have no where near the talent. Their main focus now is shedding over payed player contracts, and drafting high quality football players. No more divas with attitudes who only see dollar signs. To be honest, I think most of the previous players only wanted to come here because they knew they were going to get paid by Al. Turning this franchise around in a single year wasn't going to happen.

vCash
    [QUOTE=Raiderx510;24359241]I believe Allen is a good coach and i wish we had the time to waste so we could see what kind of leader he could turn out to be but we just don't have the time it's been years since we have been a team that can bang with the big boys how much more can the nation take ? We are already fighting among ourselves on this very site the players on the team like them or not hate this guy and the way he coaches them and will have a lot to say once the off season mercifully gets here about Allen and his ways in leadership . Why not get one of the many proven coaches that will be on the market next year? One that the players will respect right of the bat we need to turn this around now not later for i fear if we don't we're going to lose a lot more then games in the raider nation .[/QU

How do you know the players hate him.....where is your proof?

The players will have nothing to say as Al Davis doesn't rule this team anymore McKennzie does.

What team would let go of a proven coach?

Dennis Allen has a SB ring while coaching the secondary of the Saints,he was recruited by Sean Peyton(a not yet proven coach ) and helped mold that defense.

Davis constantly tried to turn this thing around "now" and got us nowhere but losing season's adding players to a team that had no identity,no focus and sloppy play. This coach will be here for at least 3-4 years and I'm certain will prove many doubters wrong.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninhmeister View Post
    Everyone needs to stop whining and complaining about Dennis Allen. Am I happy that we're sitting at 3-6? Hell no. But I am happy that we now have an actual general manager who is invested in a head coach who has received praise from everyone he's ever work with. Even our general manager was trained under the tutelage of Ron Wolf, one of the greatest GM's ever. Is Dennis Allen the main going into the future? Maybe, maybe not but it's definitely too early too soon to say.

You guys want to sit around and blame someone, why not blame the players? We have one of the worst, if not the worst, defenses across the board. Doesn't matter which position, they're all terrible. Our salary cap is strapped nearly to the max for players who are terribly over valued for what they bring to the table.

Many of you "fans" fail to realize that Al Davis (God bless his soul) ran this team into he ground in recent years due to his "vision," and terrible trust in people who didn't deserve it i.e. Hue Jackson. Al's decision in drafting and contract management, in additions to Hue Jackson's terrible trades/signings, are the reasons why we're here now. On top of that, how do any one of you expect for us to succeed with the lack of talent, and constant coaching change. Are you fans not tired of the "one and done" years? I want this team to win just as much as any of you, but I'm willing to give Reggie and Allen a chance to build this team from the floor up.

I simply refuse to believe that another head coach change would solve our problems. Sure Allen's made some mistakes and that should be expected of a new first time head coach. Before any of you start making comparisons to the 49ers, let me remind you that...

1) the 49ers have sucked for a long time; thus leading to high draft picks.

2) The 49ers have had much better success with player scouting/drafting than the Raiders who had Al making all the choices.

3) The 49ers literally handed over the keys to the best draft built team to Jim Harbaugh, an already established coach and some what successful former QB.

The reality is that this team is terrible on both sides of the ball no matter how you slice it. I think we could definitely move forward with Carson Palmer at QB and our WR's, but without a solid offensive line to create holes and pass protection, we're as good as dead at every snap. And of course our defense is just terrible from the line to the linebackers/defensive backs, and especially out secondary.

I'm so tired of many of you who think winning is so simple. Our front offices' goals is to build a perennial team like the Packers or Patriots. And right now, we have no where near the talent. Their main focus now is shedding over payed player contracts, and drafting high quality football players. No more divas with attitudes who only see dollar signs. To be honest, I think most of the previous players only wanted to come here because they knew they were going to get paid by Al. Turning this franchise around in a single year wasn't going to happen.
    Amen Brotha!!!!!

vCash
    Dennis Allen is still in the process of proving himself.

As a fan I hope like anything he's the answer.

But I need to see much more than I'm seeing before I drink any cool aid.

Go Dennis Allen. Go Raiders. Remember what the late Great Al Davis said.

"Just Win Baby!"

vCash
    Yep, it's D.A.'s first season. Mistakes will be made. There will be growing pains. We should give him the benefit of the doubt, for now.

"It's the journey through the valley that makes you appreciate the splendor of the mountain top."
    "There is no greater fan of fly fishing than the worm." ~Patrick F. McManus

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiderx510 View Post
    I believe Allen is a good coach and i wish we had the time to waste so we could see what kind of leader he could turn out to be but we just don't have the time it's been years since we have been a team that can bang with the big boys how much more can the nation take ? We are already fighting among ourselves on this very site the players on the team like them or not hate this guy and the way he coaches them and will have a lot to say once the off season mercifully gets here about Allen and his ways in leadership . Why not get one of the many proven coaches that will be on the market next year? One that the players will respect right of the bat we need to turn this around now not later for i fear if we don't we're going to lose a lot more then games in the raider nation .
    It's not a waste of time, let the man do his job. Give him a roster that he wants instead of some glued together mess waiting to become trade bait.

It's too soon to make assessments about Allen's leadership skills. This one and done **** is over, stability is the new buzzword in Oakland.....
    "An armed man is a citizen, an unarmed man is a subject"

Unknown

vCash
    No matter how good your coaching skills are....Bad talent=Bad defense

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112