Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: D.a

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake Plissken View Post
    Since when has "making" the playoffs ever been a barometer for success?

Kansas City won the division in 2010 and held a home playoff game. The Raiders, had they made the playoffs in 2011 would have been bounced before Hue Jackson's Irish Coffee cooled.
    Making the playoffs has always been a barometer of success. It's one goal completed on the way to the golden prize.

And making the playoffs after a decade drought is actually a big confidence builder and building block.

How bad were the Donkeys 2 years ago when we scored 59 on them? Bad..

How bad were the Broncos last year in week 1 when we ran the ball up there ***? Bad..

When Tebow came in, it gave them a spark, a fire, a desire to win, with the same team that we put 59 on and the same team that we torched on the ground week 1.

They ran with the confidence and spark all the way to the division. That division title made them the big dog on the block and they've been a winner ever since.

So yes, playoffs are a HUGE barometer of success... It lets you know that you're a top 6 team in your conference.

vCash
    Listening to Loncoln Kennedy on KNBR and he said that Allen needs at least another season or more to develop an identity and that running backs are a dime a dozen and is it worth paying top dollar for a running back that can't stay healthy............

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxfly View Post
    Listening to Loncoln Kennedy on KNBR and he said that Allen needs at least another season or more to develop an identity and that running backs are a dime a dozen and is it worth paying top dollar for a running back that can't stay healthy............
    Ane he's absolutely right.

I do think we can see what Allen's going for, though. It will be an aggressive WCO and a versatile defense.

It will take him some time to get the proper players and the proper coaching staff, but I haven't lost faith in his ability to get the job done - yet.

vCash
    agree. i would even go so far as to say that his leash isn't short. after year 3, the same amount of time a host of us were saying to give dhb, we can better evaluate if d.a. is cut out for this.
    HAWKS 13 PREMIERS

"We're under a level-5 quarantine, so I'm just gonna have to stripsearch you girls!"
    -Portman

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shred003 View Post
    Ane he's absolutely right.

I do think we can see what Allen's going for, though. It will be an aggressive WCO and a versatile defense.

It will take him some time to get the proper players and the proper coaching staff, but I haven't lost faith in his ability to get the job done - yet.
    if Knapp isn't replaced after this season I'll probably lose some faith in him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chucklemethis View Post
    if Knapp isn't replaced after this season I'll probably lose some faith in him.

Honestly...I'm really not that pissed at Knapp and think he has done a pretty good job considering what he is working with. I'm probably the only guy that thinks that, but he sure gets plenty of hate for all sorts of stuff out of his control. Granted, not a huge fan of his play calling...but no one is really making plays.

vCash
    Knapp has done o.k. all things considered.

He needs players for his scheme, I would be surprised if he goes anywhere but up in the booth.

If you want to call a spade a spade, the Raiders offensive struggles begin and end with an offensive line that has been inconsistent, a tailback that cannot read this blocking scheme and WR's that cannot be dependable in either route running, coverage recognition or catching the damn ball.
    Last edited by Snake Plissken; 11-14-2012 at 10:14 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fishedz View Post
    Honestly...I'm really not that pissed at Knapp and think he has done a pretty good job considering what he is working with. I'm probably the only guy that thinks that, but he sure gets plenty of hate for all sorts of stuff out of his control. Granted, not a huge fan of his play calling...but no one is really making plays.
    You're not the only guy thiking that,it's not Knapp's fault our talent level doesn't match what he's trying to do and besides what offense is Palmer running when he goes into a no huddle.....Knapp's. Next years draft will be interesting and I wouldn't be surprised if they trade down for multiple picks to load up.

vCash
    You're not the only guy thiking that,it's not Knapp's fault our talent level doesn't match what he's trying to do and besides what offense is Palmer running when he goes into a no huddle.....Knapp's. Next years draft will be interesting and I wouldn't be surprised if they trade down for multiple picks to load up.
    It amazes me every time he gets blasted for a play call, someone didn't make a play. Can you say...dropped ball? And it's not DHB...Moore, Myers, etc..., all dropping clutch passes.

People cried for more PBS, he did it, it did not work, and ZBS did. If our running back had any balls he wouldn't have to call pass plays all game every game. For those that forget, Knapp is known as a run heavy guy...and he's calling the exact opposite this year. I'd say he's doing a good job given the execution level of the players. Not a huge fan of his play calling, but I do not see the cred when his calls are good either.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blakersburris View Post
    Making the playoffs has always been a barometer of success. It's one goal completed on the way to the golden prize.

And making the playoffs after a decade drought is actually a big confidence builder and building block.

How bad were the Donkeys 2 years ago when we scored 59 on them? Bad..

How bad were the Broncos last year in week 1 when we ran the ball up there ***? Bad..

When Tebow came in, it gave them a spark, a fire, a desire to win, with the same team that we put 59 on and the same team that we torched on the ground week 1.

They ran with the confidence and spark all the way to the division. That division title made them the big dog on the block and they've been a winner ever since.

So yes, playoffs are a HUGE barometer of success... It lets you know that you're a top 6 team in your conference.
    I guess the point I was trying to make was that the Hue Jackson coached Raiders played in a very weak AFC West, even had they made the playoffs they more than likely would not have made beyond the divisional round. What does that really accomplish in terms of building a serious championship contender? I would argue it prevents teams from make the hard decisions necessary in building the foundation for a Super Bowl franchise by getting caught up in fleeting success and not being honest bout who they really are.

vCash
    give him 1 more year and thats it!!!!they should have brought in a proven hc not someone that has never been a hc on any level.smh.i said it before and i know im right,he is rm"s scapegoat.when all else fails,watch who gets the blame.im not sure if rm is the man for the job!!sorry nation we need more then talented players we need talented coaches too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by monsterness View Post
    give him 1 more year and thats it!!!!they should have brought in a proven hc not someone that has never been a hc on any level.smh.i said it before and i know im right,he is rm"s scapegoat.when all else fails,watch who gets the blame.im not sure if rm is the man for the job!!sorry nation we need more then talented players we need talented coaches too.
    What was Jon Gruden before he was a head coach? .........How about John Madden or Belichik..they were assistants or DC's or OC's but were given a shot to coach. Reggie McKennzie would not have gone through the process he did to hire a scapegoat......get real dude! Look man I know you're frustrated but that kind of thinking is absurd!!!!

vCash
    Knapp stinks.
    hes never been successful.

ever.

Allen, hasnt shown anything to garner anyones support.
    Most of the people saying its the players fault are the same ones that said it was the coaching last season(lol).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stephkyle7 View Post
    Knapp stinks.
    hes never been successful.

ever.

Allen, hasnt shown anything to garner anyones support.
    Most of the people saying its the players fault are the same ones that said it was the coaching last season(lol).
    Maybe, but fans don't have the kind of perspective neccessary to make that judgement. However, he hasn't done anything to require him to lose his job after one season...which Jackson clearly did.

-Stork

vCash
    No , I really don't believe Knapp is going to be successful next year either. Even if we switch out 11 starters, I don't believe in him(Knapp). IMHO.

We can do better than Knapp as OC. I know we can, but does D.A. think so???

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast