Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 178

Thread: D.a

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Washington D.C
    Posts
    1,511
    vCash
    1500

    D.a

    How can a Head coach who runs the defense allow 55 points. Someone explain. Because someone needs to be fired

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Sacramento
    Posts
    2,657
    vCash
    1500
    Dennis Allen didn't allow 55 points the players on the field did,would it have mattered if it was 35 pts or 25pts...a loss is a loss. The ravens have been consistantly good over the years where we have been consistantly bad,that is about to change but it won't be overnight.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Washington D.C
    Posts
    1,511
    vCash
    1500
    Lls, in this case points do matter. Our D should be the best part of the team, that's what he was bought for. Another bad record on the raiders!!!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    3,658
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by mal22 View Post
    Lls, in this case points do matter. Our D should be the best part of the team, that's what he was bought for. Another bad record on the raiders!!!
    Lets face it, the Raiders don't have very good players on the defesive side of the football. A coach can only do so much with the crap that Al Davis left him with. McKenzie will get the players needed in time, it just won't happen over night.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Washington D.C
    Posts
    1,511
    vCash
    1500
    And the D has consistently been bad!!! How do we go from on the verge of playoffs to worst in the league? Sounds like bad. Caching to me. Leaving the power run scheme for a scheme that's proven not to work , is ludicrous. And there's no pressure being created by the Dline. D.A ruined us more than he improved us. Jus my opinion but. Let's just give john fox his credit, Cus it definitely wasnt D.A calling the D for the DONKS last yr.
    Last edited by mal22; 11-12-2012 at 10:43 PM.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Sacramento
    Posts
    2,657
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by mal22 View Post
    And the D has consistently been bad!!! How do we go from on the verge of playoffs to worst in the league? Sounds like bad. Caching to me.
    We were never on the verge of the play-offs, we were 7-4 and went 8-8 we didn't deserve the play-offs especially after laying a freakin' egg to San Diego in the final game. We've been 8-8 or worse for a decade and there was nothing that was telling me we were ever going to get better without a good housecleaning.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    LA 2 Da Bay
    Posts
    5,005
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by mal22 View Post
    Let's just give john fox his credit, Cus it definitely wasnt D.A calling the D for the DONKS last yr.
    Allen called the plays for the Broncos last year, he's not calling the plays for the Raiders this year tho.
    RAIDERS. ARE. BACK.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Sacramento
    Posts
    2,657
    vCash
    1500
    There is no "bes"t part of our team and our record indicates that,we are in transition and it will take time,when we get the right players for what McKennzie and Allen are trying to do the results will come.We still have a lot of "Davis" players and they gotta go !

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    103
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxfly View Post
    There is no "bes"t part of our team and our record indicates that,we are in transition and it will take time,when we get the right players for what McKennzie and Allen are trying to do the results will come.We still have a lot of "Davis" players and they gotta go !
    Our record indicates we're in transition???
    Ummmmmmm.... No.
    It indicates that this team has gotten worse. The coaching is a failure sure we are better on the penalties we don't have a league high but now we're letting opponents score more points then ever in franchise history?! I'd take Davis's player over any of Reg's players. D.a.'s defense should be better then this incosistancy goes back to the coach... Do i need to go into detail why ?
    Get ready raider nation we won't be considered anytime for a longggggggggg time and not only that we probably aren't going to be better than a knock off green bay packer team.. If youre fine with that then why don't you go buy yourself a cheese hat and skinny dip in a ice cold lake.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Folsom Prison
    Posts
    3,141
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by RickRossDaBoss View Post
    Our record indicates we're in transition???
    Ummmmmmm.... No.
    It indicates that this team has gotten worse. The coaching is a failure sure we are better on the penalties we don't have a league high but now we're letting opponents score more points then ever in franchise history?! I'd take Davis's player over any of Reg's players. D.a.'s defense should be better then this incosistancy goes back to the coach... Do i need to go into detail why ?
    Get ready raider nation we won't be considered anytime for a longggggggggg time and not only that we probably aren't going to be better than a knock off green bay packer team.. If youre fine with that then why don't you go buy yourself a cheese hat and skinny dip in a ice cold lake.
    I find the week 10 clairvoyance comical.

    The 2011 Raiders were 7-4 in Week 11 and had everything to fight for, they lost 3 out there last four.

    Lets see how this team finishes.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Sacramento
    Posts
    2,657
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by RickRossDaBoss View Post
    Our record indicates we're in transition???
    Ummmmmmm.... No.
    It indicates that this team has gotten worse. The coaching is a failure sure we are better on the penalties we don't have a league high but now we're letting opponents score more points then ever in franchise history?! I'd take Davis's player over any of Reg's players. D.a.'s defense should be better then this incosistancy goes back to the coach... Do i need to go into detail why ?
    Get ready raider nation we won't be considered anytime for a longggggggggg time and not only that we probably aren't going to be better than a knock off green bay packer team.. If youre fine with that then why don't you go buy yourself a cheese hat and skinny dip in a ice cold lake.
    Considered? Do you actually believe we were considered before? I'll say it again we were 7-4 and lost 4 out of the last 5 games to go 8-8 ,do you know what the rest of the league was saying after that.........."Same old Raiders can't get it done because they shoot themselves in the foot" Davis' players ? you mean Stanford Routte who couldn't stay on a 1-6 Chiefs team!!..really? I'd rather have a year like this knowing it will get better than continuing the same formula that made this organization the Laughingstck of the League!!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    103
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxfly View Post
    Considered? Do you actually believe we were considered before? I'll say it again we were 7-4 and lost 4 out of the last 5 games to go 8-8 ,do you know what the rest of the league was saying after that.........."Same old Raiders can't get it done because they shoot themselves in the foot" Davis' players ? you mean Stanford Routte who couldn't stay on a 1-6 Chiefs team!!..really? I'd rather have a year like this knowing it will get better than continuing the same formula that made this organization the Laughingstck of the League!!

    What are you talking about I said considered any good for a lonngg time I'm not referring to last year. I am saying we are worse then last year though. Anyways how do you know it will get better ? We didn't make any moves that show that . We were 8-8 last year if we are supposed to be getting better it sure doesn't look like were headed in that direction. I'd take Stanford routte over pat lee or Joselio Hanson he might have committed penalties but he didn't allow all these guys to blow by him and score. You don't know why Routte got cut either he probably had an attitude problem. They didn't give him a 3 year 18 million dollar contract for nothing 6 mill guaranteed. If we were in a true transition year we would have traded any and all valuable talent before we installed a crap system.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Sacramento
    Posts
    2,657
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by RickRossDaBoss View Post
    What are you talking about I said considered any good for a lonngg time I'm not referring to last year. I am saying we are worse then last year though. Anyways how do you know it will get better ? We didn't make any moves that show that . We were 8-8 last year if we are supposed to be getting better it sure doesn't look like were headed in that direction. I'd take Stanford routte over pat lee or Joselio Hanson he might have committed penalties but he didn't allow all these guys to blow by him and score. You don't know why Routte got cut either he probably had an attitude problem. They didn't give him a 3 year 18 million dollar contract for nothing 6 mill guaranteed. If we were in a true transition year we would have traded any and all valuable talent before we installed a crap system.
    He probably had an attitude problem,yeah let's take him back....really? We didn't have the money or draft picks to get the players that would really make a difference AND fit the schemes Allen and Knapp are running. It is going to take time and the fact that we are finally doing things the right way I'm ok with that, For years Davis tried to win "right now" and it didn't work............it's time to tear it down and start over.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,335
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxfly View Post
    Considered? Do you actually believe we were considered before? I'll say it again we were 7-4 and lost 4 out of the last 5 games to go 8-8 ,do you know what the rest of the league was saying after that.........."Same old Raiders can't get it done because they shoot themselves in the foot" Davis' players ? you mean Stanford Routte who couldn't stay on a 1-6 Chiefs team!!..really? I'd rather have a year like this knowing it will get better than continuing the same formula that made this organization the Laughingstck of the League!!
    I agree Max

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Washington D.C
    Posts
    1,511
    vCash
    1500
    Last yr we had a very good chance. But the sinks killed that. And if we hadn't lost our QB and RB we would have been there

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •