Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Which match is the most exciting?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kansas State vs Oregon

14 60.87%
  • Kansas State vs Notre Dame

1 4.35%
  • Oregon vs Notre Dame

8 34.78%
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry34 View Post
    I'm surprised more people don't talk about Oregon playing Arkansas St and Tennesse Tech. Those are real cupcakes. Literally un-loseable games. Pitt, BC, Purdue, Cal and Colorado all have talent on their rosters. Well maybe not Colorado but you know what I mean. Cal was still in the game midway through the 3rd with Oregon because they have D1 talent. But scheduling a game against Tenneseee Tech is like giving yourself a bye week.
    i use colorado becaus ei know oregon dropped 70 on them
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    The matchup I really wanted to see is ND vs Bama.

I think most hype of the 3 unbeaten would be ND Oregon
    Of the undefeated's I'd rather ND play KSU but that's because Oregon scares the hell out of me.

Not to be an ND homer, but in terms of talking about and viewership ND being in it regardless of opponents will get a huge bump

Come to psd where admitted dupes who do nothing but troll the gd and fs forum are free. But man don't you dare mention trolling on someone's wall.

vCash
    I'm surprised more people don't talk about Oregon playing Arkansas St and Tennesse Tech. Those are real cupcakes. Literally un-loseable games. Pitt, BC, Purdue, Cal and Colorado all have talent on their rosters. Well maybe not Colorado but you know what I mean. Cal was still in the game midway through the 3rd with Oregon because they have D1 talent. But scheduling a game against Tenneseee Tech is like giving yourself a bye week.
    Don't look now but Arkansas State is looking to repeat as Sun Belt champions. I'm pretty sure they could beat Navy too!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    michigan, olklahoma and stanford are all better than anyone orogn has played so far, so i dont think scheudle is the way you want to go here
    I guess the point will be moot when Oregon victim USC beats Notre Dame on the 24th.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by behindmydesk View Post
    The matchup I really wanted to see is ND vs Bama.

I think most hype of the 3 unbeaten would be ND Oregon
    Of the undefeated's I'd rather ND play KSU but that's because Oregon scares the hell out of me.

Not to be an ND homer, but in terms of talking about and viewership ND being in it regardless of opponents will get a huge bump
    I would be shocked if ND scored 2 TD's against Alabama. As good as ND's defense is, can anyone really say it's better than Bama's? And there's no doubt that Bama's offense is better.

vCash
    I'm surprised more people don't talk about Oregon playing Arkansas St
    Find out the reason Oregon played Arkansas St. first. There's a little story behind that...

I love how the first year that Oregon doesn't have a ridiculous OOC schedule, that's the only sticking point for the opposition of their rankings. On top of that, acting like the Pac12 has suddenly turned into the Mountain West and holding that against the Ducks as well. It's arguable that the Pac12 is the 2nd best conference in the NCAA this year (right there with the Big 12).

Oregon scheduled Boise St. twice, @Michigan, @Tennessee (scheduled them when they were a 10 win team, they were ****** 3 years later when they played Oregon), LSU, and Kansas St.

5 years in a row the Ducks have gone out of their way to beef up their out of conference schedule. 3 of those years (Boise St. x2 and LSU) it bit them in this ***. One of those years it didn't help because Tennessee ended up sucking. And this year Kansas St. backed out of coming to Eugene making it meaningless.

So why would the Ducks go out of their way to keep beefing up their OOC schedule when it's proven to do them no favors in the past?

Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    michigan, olklahoma and stanford are all better than anyone orogn has played so far, so i dont think scheudle is the way you want to go here
    Michigan would be at most the 4th best team in the Pac 12. Counting any win coming against the Big 10 this year isn't helping anyone's argument.

vCash
    Actually, the reason why our non-conference was pretty bad is due to Kansas State not agreeing to reschedule our series with them. Sorry ND fans, but you could be number two right now if Kansas State didn't go with the Bill Snyder philosophy on scheduling! In the end, it isn't going to affect us but I would have been really pissed off if Kansas State had gotten a bid over us because of this.
    Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2011

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by desertrat218 View Post
    Don't look now but Arkansas State is looking to repeat as Sun Belt champions. I'm pretty sure they could beat Navy too!
    Don't look now Navy is bowl eligible and looking to finish 8-4. I'm going to start a new thread and just argue Navy vs Ark St. This ND/Oregon thing is getting old

vCash
    Well to be fair to Oregon, they only scheduled Tennessee Tech at the last minute when Kansas State dropped out of the scheduled game against them, and they were one of the only teams available on such short notice.

As for Arkansas State, they are 7-3, won the Sun Belt last year, and have Gus Malzahn as the HC, so they are a strong "mid-major" at the moment.
    Quote Originally Posted by AmsterNat View Post
    How unsurprising. Dude, give up trying to argue with valade. He cut you into little pieces, had you for breakfast, and shat you out.
    Quote Originally Posted by mariner4life View Post
    Valade you have totally owned this thread. Well done
    My fanbase is growing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by haggis View Post
    Find out the reason Oregon played Arkansas St. first. There's a little story behind that...

I love how the first year that Oregon doesn't have a ridiculous OOC schedule, that's the only sticking point for the opposition of their rankings. On top of that, acting like the Pac12 has suddenly turned into the Mountain West and holding that against the Ducks as well. It's arguable that the Pac12 is the 2nd best conference in the NCAA this year (right there with the Big 12).

Oregon scheduled Boise St. twice, @Michigan, @Tennessee (scheduled them when they were a 10 win team, they were ****** 3 years later when they played Oregon), LSU, and Kansas St.

5 years in a row the Ducks have gone out of their way to beef up their out of conference schedule. 3 of those years (Boise St. x2 and LSU) it bit them in this ***. One of those years it didn't help because Tennessee ended up sucking. And this year Kansas St. backed out of coming to Eugene making it meaningless.

So why would the Ducks go out of their way to keep beefing up their OOC schedule when it's proven to do them no favors in the past?

Michigan would be at most the 4th best team in the Pac 12. Counting any win coming against the Big 10 this year isn't helping anyone's argument.
    If Michigan didn't play Bama this year and Denard didn't get hurt they would probably be ranked in the top 10-15 like everybody else who hasn't really beaten anybody this year.

Quote Originally Posted by BradyIsTheMan12 View Post
    Actually, the reason why our non-conference was pretty bad is due to Kansas State not agreeing to reschedule our series with them. Sorry ND fans, but you could be number two right now if Kansas State didn't go with the Bill Snyder philosophy on scheduling! In the end, it isn't going to affect us but I would have been really pissed off if Kansas State had gotten a bid over us because of this.
    I've been thinking about this a lot. I wish more people in the media were talking about it.

vCash
    And don't look now, but Fresno St. is 8-3

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Well to be fair to Oregon, they only scheduled Tennessee Tech at the last minute when Kansas State dropped out of the scheduled game against them, and they were one of the only teams available on such short notice.

As for Arkansas State, they are 7-3, won the Sun Belt last year, and have Gus Malzahn as the HC, so they are a strong "mid-major" at the moment.
    I was more bringing up Ark St and Tenn Tech because I keep hearing people criticize Oregon for playing Cal or Colorado, but they don't really have much of a choice with conference opponents. I knew about KSU dropping out but wasn't sure who they scheduled in place of it. ND had to schedule Western Michigan a few years ago when their previous AD butchered the scheduling. Sometimes you don't have a choice but to play cupcakes.

And don't look now, but Fresno St. is 8-3
    That settles it. Oregon: GOAT!!!!

vCash
    Like I said in my above post, what's the point of going out of your way to schedule tough OOC games anymore? The SEC hasn't been doing it for years, and it seems to work out really well for them. Oregon tried it in previous seasons and they ended up in the same spot they did without the help of a tough OOC this year.

vCash

This is why I'm in favor of a playoff that uses a ranking system that heavily factors strength of schedule. Because you're right there really isn't much of an incentive. But say Oregon played and won against LSU or KSU for that matter but slipped up against SC. They would still be ranked ridiculously high in the computers because of the OCC win and make the playoff. Maybe teams wouldn't go out and schedule Bama and LSU but I think we would see a lot more cross conference action between the power conferences, instead do FBS no name blowouts in September.

vCash
    Based on styles, I'd be fine with K-State vs either one.*

But based on the ongoing pissing match between Oregon fans and ND fans, I prefer those two.

* = All bets are off if any 2 of them lose and UGA beats Bama. Then I become an unapologetic homer.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast