Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

If USC beats Notre Dame...

If USC beats Notre Dame, Georgia and Alabama would presumably be #1 and #2, but they'll play each other in the SEC title game so one of them will have to lose. Not including K-state and Oregon, the next highest ranked teams are Florida (one loss, not in the conference title game) and several 2-loss SEC teams (LSU, Texas A&M, South Carolina). The one loss teams left would be Kansas State (big loss to Baylor), Oregon (OT home to Stanford), Florida State (will play Georgia Tech in the ACC title game) Clemson and Louisville. Florida and Florida State play each other and will play each other so one of them is out. Notre Dame would also have one loss. So, if Notre Dame loses to USC, who plays the SEC champ in the national title game?
    Last edited by Quinnsanity; 11-18-2012 at 12:01 AM.
    We're better than you
    And we know it

vCash
    Would it be possible to have another All-SEC matchup, Alabama and Florida?

I will say this: Alabama was basically handed the National Title tonight because I don't see them losing to Georgia and with K-State and Oregon out of the picture, they aren't going to lose to anyone else under them.
    PSD's Muhammad Wilkerson!!!

vCash
    Alabama vs. Florida in the NCG.

vCash
    I feel like after how the public felt about a non-SEC champ playing in the title game instead of the 1-loss Big 12 champ K-State would make it over Florida. Florida State has a real shot if they can beat the Gators. K-State still has Texas. Oregon could still win the Pac-12. Clemson might have a shot if FSU loses to Florida or in the ACC title game. The only one loss team that's completely out of it is Louisville unless we have the craziest last few weeks in history. Welcome back BCS chaos, we missed you.
    We're better than you
    And we know it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by B'sCeltsPatsSox View Post
    Alabama vs. Florida in the NCG.
    SEC circular thinking would win again. Don't give any non-SEC teams a shot at the title, and then claim that the SEC is best because they always win it.

vCash
    And honestly, despite their record, losing to USC in Pasadena isn't a bad loss. Here's how I'd rank the losses right now:

1. Florida (to Georgia)
    2. Oregon (to Stanford)
    3. Clemson (to Florida State)
    4. Notre Dame (to USC) *assuming they lose, which probably won't happen.
    5. Florida State (to NC State)
    6. Kansas State (to Baylor)
    7. Louisville (to Syracuse)
    We're better than you
    And we know it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quinnsanity View Post
    I feel like after how the public felt about a non-SEC champ playing in the title game instead of the 1-loss Big 12 champ K-State would make it over Florida. Florida State has a real shot if they can beat the Gators. K-State still has Texas. Oregon could still win the Pac-12. Clemson might have a shot if FSU loses to Florida or in the ACC title game. The only one loss team that's completely out of it is Louisville unless we have the craziest last few weeks in history. Welcome back BCS chaos, we missed you.
    FSU and Clemson have zero shot, the computers hate the ACC too much.

vCash
    Computers don't take in other people's feelings. If Notre Dame loses, it's Alabama/Georgia vs. Florida barring any of these teams loses next week. Which can actually happen I guess with Florida going to FSU. No way Kansas State can comeback in. They'll slide down to at least 7th this week. It'll be tough for Oregon because they won't be in a conference championship game to help slide themselves back in. No way Clemson can get in.

vCash
    Computers don't take in other people's feelings. If Notre Dame loses, it's Alabama/Georgia vs. Florida barring any of these teams loses next week. Which can actually happen I guess with Florida going to FSU. No way Kansas State can comeback in. They'll slide down to at least 7th this week. It'll be tough for Oregon because they won't be in a conference championship game to help slide themselves back in. No way Clemson can get in.
    But what about the human polls?
    We're better than you
    And we know it

vCash
    Well I think FSU will beat Florida next week. FSU probably still won't make it though due to not being in the SEC. UCLA does play Stanford so if they win Oregon would be the Pac 12 champions. That's probably the only scenario where a non SEC team gets in the title game

vCash
    Yep. If Florida wins out and Notre Dame loses to USC.... Florida vs SEC Champion

vCash
    Thinking about it, it would actually be kind of unfair if Florida made the title game under these circumstances. If Florida would have beaten Georgia, they would have a shot at Alabama in the SEC title game. If they lost, they'd probably get kicked out of the title hunt because of how recently their loss was. Georgia and Alabama would essentially have to play two national championship games under this scenario, one against each other and the other against Florida, whereas Florida, by virtue of being the third best team in the SEC rather than in the top two, would only have to play one. This is why we need a playoff. It kind of reminds me of Missouri vs. Kansas a few years ago. Missouri beat Kansas in the big #2 vs. #4 showdown, but then lost to Oklahoma and Kansas got to go to the Orange Bowl.
    Last edited by Quinnsanity; 11-18-2012 at 12:13 AM.
    We're better than you
    And we know it

vCash
    But what about the human polls?
    I highly doubt the coaches and former players and coaches give a **** on people's wants for the NCG. They're going to vote in the two best teams regardless.

vCash
    I highly doubt the coaches and former players and coaches give a **** on people's wants for the NCG. They're going to vote in the two best teams regardless.
    But do you really believe Florida is better than Oregon? I mean seriously, just look at their performances the past 4 weeks...is that the #2 team in the country? I don't think you can honestly say that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymfan87 View Post
    But do you really believe Florida is better than Oregon? I mean seriously, just look at their performances the past 4 weeks...is that the #2 team in the country? I don't think you can honestly say that.
    No, but Florida's going to get in just because they're in the SEC. That's the only reason why they'll get it in. Whatever though, it is what it is.

Also...

Brett McMurphy ‏@McMurphyESPN
    RT @JBradEdwards: Just changed 5 to KSU RT @McMurphyESPN New BCS projection from @JBradEdwards: 1. ND 2. Bama 3. UGA 4. Florida
    Brad Edwards ‏@JBradEdwards
    Truth is, 5th is a wild guess. I think KSU will be behind Oregon & FSU in polls but much better in computers.
    Last edited by B'sCeltsPatsSox; 11-18-2012 at 12:26 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast