• Sweep

1 20.00%
  • Split

2 40.00%
  • Get swept

2 40.00%
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Detroit Tigers (4-1) @ Los Angeles Dodgers (5-3)

Detroit Tigers @ Los Angeles Dodgers

Dodger Stadium

Game #1

Tuesday. 7:10 PM. SportsNet LA/MLB Network

Dan Haren

Dan Haren starts against the Tigers coming off an impressive Dodgers debut against the Padres. He held San Diego to one unearned run in six innings with six strikeouts and no walks.

The reigning Cy Young Award winner threw eight scoreless innings in his first start of the season, a feat he didn't accomplish last season. He allowed just four hits and one walk while striking out seven on 110 pitches.
    Game #2

Wednesday. 7:10 PM. SportsNet LA

vs.

Anibal Sanchez

In his first performance against Major League hitting since March 12, Sanchez allowed two runs over four innings to the Orioles before a rain delay ended his day. He threw 69 pitches.
    #ITFDB

vCash
    Dodgers haven't announced our second starter (or dodgers.com hasn't updated) so that's why it's blank.

vCash
    We're one week into the season and we've had three days off already. It'd be better for the players to have extra days off in September instead.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid

vCash
    For real, **** days off, more baseball!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dodgerdave View Post
    We're one week into the season and we've had three days off already. It'd be better for the players to have extra days off in September instead.
    I think you can blame that to the Australia trip. MLB giving the team more days off to adjust back.

vCash
    We have played 8 games to Detroits 5. If we didnt have days off we would be on our 11th game and DET the 6th game. It messes things up to be that many games ahead, and could be considered unfair.

It makes sense they added the days off. Techincally we should get 2 more days off this year than any other team (besides AZ), because we started the season with 2 games in the books.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dodgerdave View Post
    More time for Kemp though. Better to have his off days for when we don't play.

Plus, I think we're be playing for 13 or straight games here real soon once we go into Arizona.

vCash
    Cabrera at 3B today

vCash
    I'm a little happy that the Giants are doing so well right now. I live in Folsom the fans are already talking World Series around here. It's going to make it all that sweeter when the we win the NLCS.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by filihok View Post
    Cabrera at 3B today
    If Dee doesnt bunt to third today....

vCash
    I like that Donny has Kemp batting in 6 hole. He knows it probably pisses him off and makes him play with a chip on his shoulder with something to prove and that's when Matt is at his best and I think Donny knows that. Because normally you would want Kemp in between the 2 lefties.

vCash
    We need to beat elite pitching these next two games or we'll not getting past the cards.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DigglinDickers View Post
    I like that Donny has Kemp batting in 6 hole. He knows it probably pisses him off and makes him play with a chip on his shoulder with something to prove and that's when Matt is at his best and I think Donny knows that. Because normally you would want Kemp in between the 2 lefties.
    I think Kemp is our #5 hitter even if he is near his 2011 self. Hanley might win the batting title this year, and AGon is such a smart RBI hitter.

That being said even Matt knows 1 game doesnt mean hes back. They asked him if the beast is back, and he said "its only been 1 game, but i hope its back". I doubt he thinks after 1 good game he deserves to be back in the 3 or 4 hole after Hanley and AGon been producing in those spots for the better part of 2 years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DigglinDickers View Post
    We need to beat elite pitching these next two games or we'll not getting past the cards.
    I agree we need to hit good pitching to get passed the Cards, but saying that games #9 and #10 of the season are the end all be all for the NLCS is crazy lol.

vCash
    I know it's only going to be game 9 and 10 but we need to prove that we can hit elite pitching in at least one of these games.

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast