Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kduce View Post
    Stuckey was a free agent so it would have been harder to move him unless we wanted to do a sign and trade, but if the Bobcats wanted him that bad couldnt they just make him a contract offer?

Then they (Bobcats) could have traded Magette to another team that was looking to give away a decent player for an expiring contract after they signed Stuckey. Or they could have still traded with us and took Stuckey, BG AND our pick and still only have to give up Magette.
    Stuckey was a free agent the year before that trade went down.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RipCity32 View Post
    Stuckey was a free agent the year before that trade went down.
    You are absolutely right, I have been suffering through and watching this team, but its been bad for a while and I can't lie some of it is starting to run together. My mistake. I still think getting ride of BG and his salary > Trading Stuckey. Joe didn't sign him just to dump the contract and that BG money hurt a lot more.

vCash
    Do you think they would want stuckey for our 1st rd pick back?? Dumars still wouldn't pull the trigger.
    Max Scherzer season stats

blue eyes - 1

brown eyes - 1

wins

losses

KOs

BB

WHIP

vCash
    Good post, but is the question even really relevant? The Bobcats wanted a shooter. Gordon is a shooter, Stuckey is not. I dont really think there should be any thoughts of "Oooooh what IF we traded stuckey instead...". My two cents.

vCash
    Gordon can't do anything but shoot. Automatically Stuckey is better than him. Gordon is one dimensional. Atleast Stuckey can somewhat take it to the hole and play D

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rocket View Post
    Gordon can't do anything but shoot. Automatically Stuckey is better than him. Gordon is one dimensional. Atleast Stuckey can somewhat take it to the hole and play D
    Thank you, i'm glad i'm not the only logical person around here. Gordon has a high PER right now because of his shooting percentages, Stuckey is better at every other aspect of the game, as he's still just as good of a scorer even without a shot.

vCash
    Keep in mind BG has only played 5 games.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GunFactor007 View Post
    With us being a small market...
    Detroit isn't as poor of a market as most posters on this forum seem to think.

We are likely the 10th-13th best NBA Market. Some experts put us around 7th too and the lowest I've seen us rated is 16th. When determining "market" what is commonly looked at is; population, average attendance over a large sample, value of TV deal, value of merchandising, brand recognition, quality of life.

However, I understand that in the NBA if we're talking superstars the good markets are really just; LA, NY, CHI. Throw in parts of FL, parts of TX, parts of Eastern Seaboard area too. You're looking at - Lakers, Clippers, Bulls, Knicks, Nets, Heat, Rockets, Mavs, Wizards, Celtics, 76ers. As markets that are certainly better than ours.

We are in a tier with the likes of Denver, Phoenix, Atlanta, Minnesota, Portland, Toronto. 11-17th off the cuff, depending on what stats we use, Detroit could push sub 11 too, hard to push us outside the top half though.

So the Detroit Market isn't terrible. However, I agree we are unlikely to be able to lure a big free agent, as we can't really go deep into the luxury tax to assemble a good supporting crew with some stars. As our value isn't large enough to warrant the expenditure on salary.

I just wanted to point out Detroit is likely a top half NBA market, depending on your metrics potentially a top third.

We are one of the better sports cities in America.
    Last edited by BlahaTRUTH; 11-14-2012 at 02:57 PM.

vCash
    ^ Toronto is fifth.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mzee24 View Post
    Good post, but is the question even really relevant? The Bobcats wanted a shooter. Gordon is a shooter, Stuckey is not. I dont really think there should be any thoughts of "Oooooh what IF we traded stuckey instead...". My two cents.
    True, but I'm not saying the exact trade involving the Bobcats.... I'm saying, what if Dumars decided to keep Gordon and find a team to dump Stuckey on?

Was getting rid of Gordon really worth giving up a future 1st? The way the team has been playing right now, it seems like we need all the assets we can get. I know things can change quick, but if the past 3yrs have been the same why wouldn't the next 3 be any different?

AAL: Joesph Fauria
    YRDs: 46
    TDs:
    Cool TD Dances: ∞
    Bad Ankles: 1

Quote Originally Posted by ****ed in DET View Post
    If Waddle doesn't get the starting gig I'm outta here. I will never post again.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JWO35 View Post
    True, but I'm not saying the exact trade involving the Bobcats.... I'm saying, what if Dumars decided to keep Gordon and find a team to dump Stuckey on?

Was getting rid of Gordon really worth giving up a future 1st? The way the team has been playing right now, it seems like we need all the assets we can get. I know things can change quick, but if the past 3yrs have been the same why wouldn't the next 3 be any different?
    We'll see this summer.

vCash
    I can't believe some of these posts. First of, Gordon does suck at defense but don't act like stuckey is light years better. He is just as inconsistent on defense as he is on offense. But one thing that Gordon has that stuckey doesn't, is the clutch gene.

Say what you want about Gordon, but even receiving inconsistent min, he always shot a really good %. Stuckey can't even shoot consistently when he gets consistent min, imagine how he would look if he was in Gordons place.

And the significant min that Gordon did receive, look at his numbers. I remember him getting a 45pt game against Denver when he was the main focus, when has stuckey ever done that .... lemme guess, you idiots will bring up that one time 5 years ago against a rookie
    What has he done now?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shyfly24 View Post
    I can't believe some of these posts. First of, Gordon does suck at defense but don't act like stuckey is light years better. He is just as inconsistent on defense as he is on offense. But one thing that Gordon has that stuckey doesn't, is the clutch gene.

Say what you want about Gordon, but even receiving inconsistent min, he always shot a really good %. Stuckey can't even shoot consistently when he gets consistent min, imagine how he would look if he was in Gordons place.

And the significant min that Gordon did receive, look at his numbers. I remember him getting a 45pt game against Denver when he was the main focus, when has stuckey ever done that .... lemme guess, you idiots will bring up that one time 5 years ago against a rookie
    What has he done now?

lol stuckey had 2 back to back 40 pt games in his 2nd season if i remember correctly, but he couldnt do it while setting a record

if BG got consistent minutes in detroit he woulda been the same as wen he was with chicago

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiggity_ace View Post
    lol stuckey had 2 back to back 40 pt games in his 2nd season if i remember correctly, but he couldnt do it while setting a record

if BG got consistent minutes in detroit he woulda been the same as wen he was with chicago
    I don't remember him ever doing that. It was obv a fluke or else he would've done it again. No one knew his messed up game, but now that everyone does, and the fact that he hasn't improved in anything since his rookie year, he has not been able to duplicate that

Exactly, if Gordon ever got min, he woulda averaged 20 points a game. I don't even want to imagine how stuckey's numbers would look if he had recieved gordons min

vCash
    Stuckey>Gordon
    stop being silly

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast