Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shyfly24 View Post
    Did I say not to make changes? Where did you see me ever saying to not make changes. And your making it seem like the only change that can be made is by trading CB and not even mentioning the other players. Why would you trade away the heart of the team? The player that makes everything run smoothly. Why couldn't you have traded Hamilton away for someone? Prince? I mean really?

Joe D is the idiot that kept the exact same team for how long now thinking it would somehow be better then the year before even after getting older.

I would've rather have gone into rebuilding mode w/ Chauncy on our team. Even CP said that Billups is the best guard he has ever played w/ even at CB's age.

And DUDE SHUT UP! My statements are facts! Yours are assumptions. You guessing BG stats per 36 min is an assumption. Me saying AI and Hamilton or Gordon or Hamilton is not gonna work are FACTS. It happened, I didn't assume it.
    Me saying AI and Hamilton or Gordon or Hamilton is not gonna work are FACTS. It happened, I didn't assume it

It was a fact after the fact. I think Bg/Rip would have worked out better than AI/Rip in the long run. Sure, you can look back now, and of course they are facts. Logically, a backcourt of Stuck/Rip/BG is going to work out better than AI/Stuck/Rip if for no other reason than AI's personality.

Second, the deal on the table was CB. I'm sure if Denver had offered AI for Sheed, the pistons would have taken it. AI for Rip and some other players, they'd probably taken it. But the deal was for CB, McDyess (who came back) and Samb Cheick. . . . or whatever his name was.

There was a bunch going back and forth with Denver for Melo. And I'm sure other players were involved. but the deal got done with CB.

Again, we would have been better with CB in 2009 and 2010, I don't dispute that. But we wouldn't have won a chip. Boston was better than us that year, because they kicked our arse in 2008. In 2009, they lost to the Lakers, who we would have lost to also.

So, it's like that Barron's commercial. When you sell a stock at the price you do, you're just as convinced the price is going down as is the guy who thinks the price is going to go up. . . . because that's the price you settled on.

Likewise, the price settled on was CB, McDyess, Samb and we thought going forward we would be better just as much as the Nuggets thought getting rid of AI would be for them and getting CB.

And, what did CB do, except for that one year in Denver? Not much. He averaged less assists than in Det, and Denver was a running team, he had a great playoff run that first year, but after that?

We don't know what Joe D had on the table. We have to assume, and heck, he's only in the HOF, been president for 12 years, an nba finals MVP. . . but yeah, he don't know squat about picking between several trade offers (assuming there was more than 1).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GunFactor007 View Post
    I wouldn't really want Reke on our team, seems he's regressed just as much as Stuckey did.
    At the bottom it said "This is just an example". Regarding the topic of the thread.

vCash
    lmao
    What about my post shy? Come on, give me some attention.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sdsportsfan View Post
    What about my post shy? Come on, give me some attention.
    I don't debate w/ people who can have tea parties w/ my grandparents. I look out for my older peeps.

vCash
    I don't debate w/ people who can have tea parties w/ my grandparents. I look out for my older peeps.
    Wow, someone is cranky! My posting was more to break up the beating you were giving MB. Plus, I thought you would have noticed my Stuckey post in the other Stuckey thread, I mentioned how you were right. I am disappointed, disrespecting your elders like that! Cheer up!

vCash
    Wow, someone is cranky! My posting was more to break up the beating you were giving MB. Plus, I thought you would have noticed my Stuckey post in the other Stuckey thread, I mentioned how you were right. I am disappointed, disrespecting your elders like that! Cheer up!
    I never saw your post, plus you never commented on my post about you on the off topic thread .. so were even.

A piston loss cause of lineups hits a spot on me that i can't control

vCash
    I never saw your post, plus you never commented on my post about you on the off topic thread .. so were even.

A piston loss cause of lineups hits a spot on me that i can't control
    Didn't see the OTT post from you, guess we are even. I understand about the lineups, believe me.

vCash
    I'm at the point now where I'm ready to see the Pistons do some MAJOR housecleaning. I would get rid of CV, Stuckey, and Daye to start. Maybe Maxiell, Prince and Bynum to follow. Go with the young guys. Guys you are building your team around. Start Knight, Singler, English, Monroe and Drummond. Give more minutes to Middleton and show us what Kravtsov can do off the bench. I think with a couple good draft picks next year, a great free agent small forward (or two guard) and these guys taking their lumps this year, we could be pretty good in a couple years.

"Lions, Tigers and Pistons, OH MY!" (and Hoosiers...and Redwings....)

vCash
    So Dumars traded Gordon so we could basically have our cap space a year early but did this ****** even look at this years list of free agents because its not good.Chris Paul and Jeff Teague are the only good names and neither one of them will probably leave where they are at let alone come to Detroit.This is looking like a really bad trade for Dumars especially considering he gave up a first rounder for nothing because we might as well wait till 2014 to sign a valuable player which is when BG would have expired anyway.So thanks for giving the Bobcats a pick for nothing Dumars.

vCash
    lmao, i guess dumars didn't learn his lesson by saving up the most money for one of the worst free agent classes in recent memory by signing the 2 top players in that draft .... cv and bg

and now he gave up a 1st rounder to save money for this years draft class? lolllll. What a GM.

vCash
    That's assuming Gores even wants to spend the money on a FA, he might end up being a cheap *** like Davidson.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sc8581 View Post
    That's assuming Gores even wants to spend the money on a FA, he might end up being a cheap *** like Davidson.
    well thats something Joe should of made sure of as well first.

vCash
    At the bottom it said "This is just an example". Regarding the topic of the thread.
    Yeah I saw that, just stating my 2 cents is all, lol.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GunFactor007 View Post
    Yeah I saw that, just stating my 2 cents is all, lol.
    No problem.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RipCity32 View Post
    So Dumars traded Gordon so we could basically have our cap space a year early but did this ****** even look at this years list of free agents because its not good.Chris Paul and Jeff Teague are the only good names and neither one of them will probably leave where they are at let alone come to Detroit.This is looking like a really bad trade for Dumars especially considering he gave up a first rounder for nothing because we might as well wait till 2014 to sign a valuable player which is when BG would have expired anyway.So thanks for giving the Bobcats a pick for nothing Dumars.
    Well, that might be true.

But, we've got to commit to Monroe after this season, picking up the option but he'll be eligible for an extension after this season. So it would be better to get it done tather than just tender and let him become a RFA after next season.

Second, he can amnesty CV and clear even more cap space. So you take the trade when you can get it. Had he not gotten Maggette's expring, we'd be looking to try and trade Gordon after this year (with, Stuck, Middleton, Singler, Knight) all our guards trying to get minutes this season and BG by most people's view wouldn't be part of of the longterm solution and I think his value goes down. Or trading CV, whose value is nil.

And if he picks up a vet or two at the minimum for a year to plug a hole should someone get hurt, you've got the money to do so.

As for Gores, very few buy teams to lose or break even. It's all ego, ask Dr. Buss. . . not George Shinn. As for Davidson, once the decision to sell was going to happen, everything you do has to be viewed thru the eyes of the new owner, i.e., how much he/she wants to spend, cap tax, etc.

And the sale probably was pushed by tax considerations with the old man dying and likelihood of estate and death taxes getting ratched up. Because in 2010 with the fiscal cliff / sequestration, it looked like it was going to happen. So therefore when you hear the 1% and paying a little more, etc., remember who and what the 1% do, own and represent. THEY'RE OWNERS.

Think I'm BS-ing . . .look at the Dodgers and O'Malley's after he died.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast