Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    vCash
    He gets a $3M signing bonus and $5M/year.

vCash
    Sounds better than 6 mil annually.
    So Anna, what do you think about the notion that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck?

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by raiderdave View Post
    how many times have our starters gone more than 5 or 6 innings? Lincecum himself as a starter last year averaged 5 innings per start. For his carreer he has only averaged 6 innings. I remember Juan marichal out pitching warren spahn 1-0 in 16 innings.Btw..without lincecum coming out of the pen in the playoffs we would not have won the series.
    I'd just like to say Cain on average last over 6 2/3 innings in his 32 starts, Bumgarner averaged over 6 1/3 innings in his 32 starts, Vogelsong lasted on average over 6 innings in his 31 starts, and Zito averaged over 5 2/3 innings in his 32 starts. Not only is your idea extremely dumb and flawed, but I'm also curious to know who the 5th starter is gonna be since you wanna move Lincecum to the pen?
    Quote Originally Posted by nessythegreat View Post
    This is getting old. Enough is enough. Redskin Is not offensive and it will never change.
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    I want to start a website where people who say this video tape themselves going up to Native Americans and go "hey what's up redskin?" and then upload what happens.

I'll call it WhatsUpRedskin.com

You want to go first?
    I fully support this future site.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by roylikeswaffles View Post
    He gets a $3M signing bonus and $5M/year.
    Definitely sounds better.

Ariana Grande

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sfgiants5518 View Post
    Sounds better than 6 mil annually.
    Agreed.

Slumpy Shoulder HR Counter: 10

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Greedy22 View Post
    I'd just like to say Cain on average last over 6 2/3 innings in his 32 starts, Bumgarner averaged over 6 1/3 innings in his 32 starts, Vogelsong lasted on average over 6 innings in his 31 starts, and Zito averaged over 5 2/3 innings in his 32 starts. Not only is your idea extremely dumb and flawed, but I'm also curious to know who the 5th starter is gonna be since you wanna move Lincecum to the pen?
    As I mentioned Lincecum could still be 5th starter, for those times you need a 5th starter....which you would not need as much, since you wouldnt have to pitch your other 4 much beyond 5 innings, with Timmy picking up the slack..the whole idea is you would be maximizing the freak.

vCash
    As I mentioned Lincecum could still be 5th starter, for those times you need a 5th starter....which you would not need as much, since you wouldnt have to pitch your other 4 much beyond 5 innings, with Timmy picking up the slack..the whole idea is you would be maximizing the freak.
    Why would you want to limit our starters to only 5 innings? You are going to need a 5th starter whether you want it or not over the course of a 162 game season. Unless you're the Colorado Rockies and improvise a 75-pitch limit on our pitchers, which would not be a smart idea because of how good they are, Linceum is and WILL NEED to be a starter in our rotation for the course of the whole season. Sorry, but this just is a bad idea. Having Lincecum in the rotation does more good for the team than having him in the bullpen and pitching 3 innings a game several times a week (which Bochy wouldn't do). If Lincecum mightily struggles again for a long period of time then I'd be more willing to try this idea, but now it makes no sense for the Giants.
    Last edited by SFrush90; 11-16-2012 at 07:57 PM.

Ariana Grande

vCash
    that's a great idea since it worked out SO well for the Rockies. I would love to see Zito for 40 starts and I also hate the idea of cain or bumgarner pitching any complete games.

I'm going to finish off that glass of crazy you just drank out of and suggest that since lincecum did so horrible in the 1st inning this year that we start a relief pitcher in the first inning then hand the ball to lincecum to go his normal outings.

back on topic: There is not a lot of lefty relievers who are successful against righties, the one's who are are mostly closer's. factor that in and the relationship that he has with the rest of the pitching staff and i would say it was a good signing. any thing to keep cain and Bumgarner happy, who just happen to be a couple of affeldt's closest friends on the team.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345