Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    More like it comes down to a choice of seeing one of the best pitchers we've witnessed in a Giants uniform for over 200 innings in a season or under 100 innings in a season.
    Couldn't have said it better myself.

Playoff Bochy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by d1nger View Post
    money dont matter, but championships do
    Doesn't mean you should hand out contracts, solely for the fact you won a title

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LASportsFan1996 View Post
    Doesn't mean you should hand out contracts, solely for the fact you won a title
    We won 2, and Affeldt played a big role in both of them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    More like it comes down to a choice of seeing one of the best pitchers we've witnessed in a Giants uniform for over 200 innings in a season or under 100 innings in a season.
    exactly..now lets do the math..starting every 5th or 6th day..5 innings per start=125 innings...3 innings x75 games in relief=225 innings.......c'mon man think outside thje box. btw..I've witnessed Juan Marichal,Gaylord perry...the freak compares more to Matt Cain,bumgarner..etc..this year timmy was our 5th best.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by raiderdave View Post
    exactly..now lets do the math..starting every 5th or 6th day..5 innings per start=125 innings...3 innings x75 games in relief=225 innings.......c'mon man think outside thje box. btw..I've witnessed Juan Marichal,Gaylord perry...the freak compares more to Matt Cain,bumgarner..etc..this year timmy was our 5th best.
    I've only found that one guy (1974 Mike Marshall) in MLB History (there could be more) that has ever pitched more than 200 innings in a relief role. No way a team does that nowadays. You're delusional if you think the Giants should do that and should leave him in a bullpen role. Why the hell would the Giants do that when the guy had one bad year in his majorly successful five year career where we've seen one of the best pitchers the Giants have ever had?

2010, 2012, and 2014 World Series Champions

vCash
    I love how you are banking on the starters ******** the bed 75 times AND that Timmy would be used every single time during these situations. How about you come back inside the box and quit spewing illogical nonsense?
    Quote Originally Posted by nessythegreat View Post
    This is getting old. Enough is enough. Redskin Is not offensive and it will never change.
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    I want to start a website where people who say this video tape themselves going up to Native Americans and go "hey what's up redskin?" and then upload what happens.

I'll call it WhatsUpRedskin.com

You want to go first?
    I fully support this future site.

vCash
    If Lincecum was pitching an avg of 3 IP over 75 games, it would mean our rotation is getting their *** kicked on a regular basis. How are you failing to see this?

Playoff Bochy.

vCash
    how many times have our starters gone more than 5 or 6 innings? Lincecum himself as a starter last year averaged 5 innings per start. For his carreer he has only averaged 6 innings. I remember Juan marichal out pitching warren spahn 1-0 in 16 innings.Btw..without lincecum coming out of the pen in the playoffs we would not have won the series.

vCash
    btw..cain,bumgarner, vogelsong all averaged 6 innings per start, zito 5 innings per start..what happened this postseason was, when other team started getting to bumgarner, cain or zito, in comes lincecum to shut them down for the closer. We could probably go with 1 or 2 less relievers and carry 1 or 2 more offensive players.

vCash
    sp...cain, bum,song,zito..rp...freak,affeldt,romo, lopez,kontos,casilla..wilson not back til midseason..10-11 pitchers instead of 12-13..we could still use the freak as our 5th starter when needed...plus with our starting 4 pitching less innings they stay fresher.
    Last edited by raiderdave; 11-15-2012 at 08:40 PM.

vCash
    Have fun grasping straws with your theory, no way in hell would he survive 75 outings at 3 innings apiece. Also, no manager in their right mind would even think of this.
    Last edited by Greedy22; 11-15-2012 at 09:29 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by nessythegreat View Post
    This is getting old. Enough is enough. Redskin Is not offensive and it will never change.
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    I want to start a website where people who say this video tape themselves going up to Native Americans and go "hey what's up redskin?" and then upload what happens.

I'll call it WhatsUpRedskin.com

You want to go first?
    I fully support this future site.

vCash
    Come on man just give it a rest. It isn't a smart plan for the Giants and the numbers you're presenting us do not make sense since it means our pitching would be terrible.
    Last edited by SFrush90; 11-16-2012 at 03:01 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SFrush90 View Post
    Jesus Christ you're still going on and on about this plan? Just give it a rest. It doesn't make sense and is a stupid plan that will never ever ever ever happen. Just stop. You're just post padding at this point.
    Wow, tell us how you really feel.

Playoff Bochy.

vCash
    Honestly, I'm just mad because I thought of it too, but he said it first.

vCash
    Copy-cat

Playoff Bochy.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast