Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Giants re-sign Affeldt - 3 years, 18 mil

October hero Jeremy Affeldt appears headed back to the World Champion San Francisco Giants on a three-year deal.

Affeldt and the Giants have agreement on terms of a new deal, sources say. It is expected to come in at about $18 million over the three years. The sides may just be awaiting the results of a physical.

CBSSports.com reported last Friday the sides were talking about a three-year deal for $15 million to $20 million for the lefty reliever.

Affeldt, 33, received considerable interest from other teams, including the Cardinals, who lost in the NLCS to the Giants. Affeldt helped his stock with 10 scoreless outings (10 1/3 innings) in the postseason. He was 1-2 with a 2.70 ERA in the regular season.
    http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/blog/jo...ew-3-year-deal

Earned 1 M raise from last year.
    "We earned this ****ing burn. It doesn’t matter how you get from A to B. Our goal at the beginning of this ****ing season is to win a ****ing World Series, and guess what, boys, we’re going to the ****ing dance." - The Reverend Hunter Pence

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck

vCash
    I hope he's worth it

vCash
    Can't really complain too much as this was pretty much expected. I was hoping for a hometown discount since he was already getting paid well and we gave him security but guess not.

Would you trust a blind scout? Of course you wouldn't but that's what you do when you simply go by stats
    Splifftone, OptiskeptSF and Ciaban have a lot in common

vCash
    lol. beat me to it, was about to make the same thread.

Barry Lamar Bonds. .393/.967/1.054....on 3-0 counts.

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/Bradley/Cotto/Wlad/Rigondeaux/Froch/Canelo/Maidana

Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

vCash
    At least it's not 3yrs/22M. Don't like paying 5M+ to relievers, but he's a big part of the bullpen. Glad he's still around.

Ariana Grande

vCash
    Good signing, love affeldt. Makes the dodgers deal for League look even worse too
    Quote Originally Posted by nessythegreat View Post
    This is getting old. Enough is enough. Redskin Is not offensive and it will never change.
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    I want to start a website where people who say this video tape themselves going up to Native Americans and go "hey what's up redskin?" and then upload what happens.

I'll call it WhatsUpRedskin.com

You want to go first?
    I fully support this future site.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Greedy22 View Post
    Good signing, love affeldt. Makes the dodgers deal for League look even worse too
    Bah League is closing, so he should get a little more money, not like money matters anyways
    Foam Party!

vCash
    You're right. Luxury taxes don't exist.

Barry Lamar Bonds. .393/.967/1.054....on 3-0 counts.

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/Bradley/Cotto/Wlad/Rigondeaux/Froch/Canelo/Maidana

Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

vCash
    Awesome! Jeremy was MONEY for us! Shut down!

vCash
    remember when we were all pissed his option was exercised for last season?

San Francisco Giants Trophy Wall

vCash
    Affeldt expected to take physical Tuesday in Bay Area, would complete new 3-year deal w/ #SFGiants. Has agreed to terms.
    https://twitter.com/AlexPavlovic/sta...90569057116160
    "We earned this ****ing burn. It doesn’t matter how you get from A to B. Our goal at the beginning of this ****ing season is to win a ****ing World Series, and guess what, boys, we’re going to the ****ing dance." - The Reverend Hunter Pence

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck

vCash

Giants re-sign Affeldt - 3 years, 18 mil

Exactly what I expected, not too bad glad to have him back

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RTL View Post
    Can't really complain too much as this was pretty much expected. I was hoping for a hometown discount since he was already getting paid well and we gave him security but guess not.
    I'm right there with you. I'm not surprised he's back, not surprised by the years or the money, just was hoping for 3/15. Oh well, get Scutaro inked now.

Michael Morse High-Fives Himself dot gif

vCash
    http://www.fangraphs.com/leaders.asp...ayers=583,1100

Either Affeldt is underrated or Soriano is overrated..

<3

vCash
    I honestly think Affeldt is underrated. I know I underrated when the Giants first signed him.

Michael Morse High-Fives Himself dot gif

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast