8 22.86%
  • Swisher

15 42.86%
  • B.J. Upton

5 14.29%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Assume contracts are equal..

Assuming all 3 players receive the same contract, which would you want the Giants to sign if they can only sign 1?

Pagan, Swisher, B.J. Upton, or Bourn.
    Last edited by sfgiants1213; 11-14-2012 at 01:30 AM.
    So Anna, what do you think about the notion that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck?

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

vCash
    I vote for Swisher

^^WE NEED THESE GUYS NOW.

vCash
    Swisher. He's been the most consistent and productive player of all four and is the best hitter. Plus his defense is good.

Ariana Grande

vCash
    Bourn....

49ers.....:10-3-1 gotta luv the tie(last one ever.Callin it)
    SHARKS... NHL givin us some time
    GIANTS.... 2010 CHAMPS and 2012 WOW!!!
    SDSU AZTECS... Ranked #17 all day
    GS WARRIORS..Watch out lake show**updateClip show
    [x]resign Pagan/Affeldft/Marco
    []sign HAMILTON Awww
    [ ] sign G.Sizemore/T.Harfner BENCH 1y - 1 mil
    [ ] sign Mike Adams 3y - 12mil
    [ ] resign the BEARD/MVPOSEY (make it rain sabs)
    [ ] REPEAT 3 outta 4

vCash
    Swisher.

2010 AND 2012 WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

vCash
    I think Upton has the most talent in that group, hes just so inconsistent. Swisher is the safest bet.

vCash
    Swisher, he's got power, knows how to work a count and draw walks, switch hits, plays adequate defense and is a good teammate and clubhouse presence. Swisher in LF, Blanco in CF and Pence in RF. Blanco plays huge in my decision because if he wasn't already under contract, I would vote Bourn.

Would you trust a blind scout? Of course you wouldn't but that's what you do when you simply go by stats
    Splifftone, OptiskeptSF and Ciaban have a lot in common

vCash
    Pagan because why fix what ain't broke I say get pagan and swisher though but I could dream

props to sfgiants5518 for the sports userbar.props to vick for other user bar.

vCash
    Give me Swisher, most consistent of the bunch.
    Quote Originally Posted by nessythegreat View Post
    This is getting old. Enough is enough. Redskin Is not offensive and it will never change.
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    I want to start a website where people who say this video tape themselves going up to Native Americans and go "hey what's up redskin?" and then upload what happens.

I'll call it WhatsUpRedskin.com

You want to go first?
    I fully support this future site.

vCash
    Upton would be the most dynamic player, but he wouldn't make much sense unless we traded away Brown.

vCash
    Homer pick incoming, but I say Pagan. He was wildly inconsistent during the regular season with extreme ups and downs, but there is just something about his competitiveness. He does seem to take his game up another level in clutch situations, and I loved the way he played in the playoffs (even his defense was above average for almost all of the postseason). If he wouldn't cost an exorbitant contract, and as said, if "all things are equal," I would oddly go with Pagan lol (again, if I was able to offer the same amount of money to any of the 4).

We know what Pagan can do here in this ballpark, he's become such a fixture on the squad as a good teammate, he has a positive/exciting/competitive streak to him, and he has a lot of tools this team thrives on for the lead off spot. He has speed, is a contact hitter, can drive the ball to the gaps, and can set the table when he's right. If we could bring him back on a fair deal to both sides, I can't see us just casting him aside for the unknown (although the unknown in Swisher looks mighty tempting). Something about Swisher's playoff record bothers me though. Since I foresee this team being in the postseason consistently *hopefully, knock on wood*, I want someone who doesn't shrink in big situations. I'm sure Swisher could turn it around in the postseason one of these years, but there's something to be said for someone who's done it, and one who has never done it (especially when they have been given more opportunities).
    Last edited by Alleyeson49; 11-14-2012 at 06:26 AM.

How sweet it is, how unbelievably sweet it is! 2010 AND 2012 San Francisco Giants are WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

vCash
    Bourn for sure.

vCash
    With contracts being equal, definitely Swisher.

Slumpy Shoulder HR Counter: 10

vCash
    If you take Bourn or Pagan, I think that it leaves us with too light a hitting OF. Blanco in left isn't an option, or at least not a good one.

For that reason I go Swisher. Plus bat in a corner OF spot, and lets Gregor play center where he is an acceptable starter due to plus defense and average OBP.

vCash
    I chose Bourn but I think he will cost more than the others. Out of the rest of them I would want Swisher because he gets on base at a high rate and seems like an awesome clubhouse guy. I have really never seen a major leaguer enjoy playing the game more than Swisher.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast