Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    3,402
    vCash
    1500

    Gronkowskis torrid TD Pace...

    Gonkowski Currently has 34 TD's in 40 games. Thats .85 tds/game and 34 td's after just 2.5 seasons.

    In Comparison..

    * Tony Gonzalez has 99 td's in 245 games (.40 TD's/Game) and after his 6th season (95 games) he had 37 TD'd.

    Gronkowski at his current pace will have 100+ TD's by the time he's 28 and after 128 games.


    * Shannon Sharpe didn't get his 34th until he was 29 yrs old (123 games) and he finnished up with 62 td's in 204 career games (.30 TD's/game)

    Gronkowski is on pace to break his mark by his 5th NFL Season (He'll be 25 or 26)


    * Witten currently has 42 TD's with 150 games played. He has 8 td's less even though he's played in 110 less games.


    Currently hes on pace to be top 25 all time in TE's for td receptions by the end of this yr


    By the end of next season? He's on pace to be in top 5, Already..After 4 seasons of work.

    Obviously his pace will slow down some (esp once Brady is done). But How many td's do you guys see gronk scoring if he has a career without any major injuries?



    Anyways, This probably isn't "thread worthy" as its not breaking news lol. So if it gets deleted i understand, I just thought this is interesting after doing some number crunching.
    Last edited by Bos_Sports4Life; 10-30-2012 at 01:05 AM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    314
    vCash
    1500
    Call me crazy, but he might see even more balls thrown his way once Brady is done. An elite tight end can be a security blanket for young quarterbacks. I think his touchdowns will go down after Brady though. Barring injury, I think Gronk reaches 100 touchdowns easily.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    6,039
    vCash
    1500
    Further, that is good for 39th all-time at the TE position.

    BTW, that isn't the only thing he is good at.

    Code:
    <PRE>                                                                                        
                                                           Game     Rece                    
    Rk             Player From   To          Draft  Tm  Lg    G  GS  Rec   Yds   Y/R TD  Y/G
    1       Tony Gonzalez 1997 2012           1-13 TOT NFL  245 229 1195 13797 11.55 99 56.3
    2       Antonio Gates 2003 2012                SDG NFL  138 134  614  8021 13.06 78 58.1
    3     Shannon Sharpe* 1990 2003          7-192 TOT NFL  204 169  815 10060 12.34 62 49.3
    4         Jerry Smith 1965 1977 9-11818-141AFL WAS NFL  168  93  421  5496 13.05 60 32.7
    5        Wesley Walls 1989 2003           2-56 TOT NFL  196 115  450  5291 11.76 54 27.0
    6        Dave Casper* 1974 1984           2-45 TOT NFL  147 100  378  5216 13.80 52 35.5
    7          Ben Coates 1991 2000          5-124 TOT NFL  158 113  499  5555 11.13 50 35.2
    8       Keith Jackson 1988 1996           1-13 TOT NFL  129 105  441  5283 11.98 49 41.0
    9     Raymond Chester 1970 1981           1-24 TOT NFL  172  93  364  5013 13.77 48 29.1
    10     Ozzie Newsome* 1978 1990           1-23 CLE NFL  198 191  662  7980 12.05 47 40.3
    11       Dallas Clark 2003 2012           1-24 TOT NFL  122 114  444  5059 11.39 47 41.5
    12       Billy Cannon 1960 1970            1-1 TOT TOT  133  24  236  3656 15.49 47 27.5
    13    Kellen Winslow* 1979 1987           1-13 SDG NFL  109  94  541  6741 12.46 45 61.8
    14        Rich Caster 1970 1982           2-46 TOT NFL  161   2  322  5515 17.13 45 34.3
    15        Mike Ditka* 1961 1972      1-51-8AFL TOT NFL  158  78  427  5812 13.61 43 36.8
    16       Jason Witten 2003 2012           3-69 DAL NFL  150 140  747  8396 11.24 42 56.0
    17          Todd Heap 2001 2012           1-31 TOT NFL  146 133  499  5869 11.76 42 40.2
    18       Paul Coffman 1978 1988                TOT NFL  154 103  339  4340 12.80 42 28.2
    19        Riley Odoms 1972 1983            1-5 DEN NFL  153 134  396  5755 14.53 41 37.6
    20       Jimmie Giles 1977 1989           3-70 TOT NFL  188 130  350  5084 14.53 41 27.0
    21   Billy Joe DuPree 1973 1983           1-20 DAL NFL  159 102  267  3565 13.35 41 22.4
    22   Todd Christensen 1979 1988           2-56 TOT NFL  137  90  461  5872 12.74 41 42.9
    23      Jackie Smith* 1963 1978         10-129 TOT NFL  210  21  480  7918 16.50 40 37.7
    24     Marcus Pollard 1995 2008                TOT NFL  192 133  349  4280 12.26 40 22.3
    25       Russ Francis 1975 1988           1-16 TOT NFL  167 147  393  5262 13.39 40 31.5
    26      Jerome Barkum 1972 1983            1-9 NYJ NFL  158 136  326  4789 14.69 40 30.3
    27       Vernon Davis 2006 2012            1-6 SFO NFL   95  93  327  4143 12.67 39 43.6
    28      Alge Crumpler 2001 2010           2-35 TOT NFL  155 132  373  4743 12.72 39 30.6
    29        Mark Bavaro 1985 1994          4-100 TOT NFL  126 123  351  4733 13.48 39 37.6
    30       John Mackey* 1963 1972    2-195-35AFL TOT NFL  139  14  331  5236 15.82 38 37.7
    31       Aaron Thomas 1961 1970  4-4716-126AFL TOT NFL  133   7  262  4554 17.38 37 34.2
    32      Mickey Shuler 1978 1991           3-61 TOT NFL  180 108  462  5100 11.04 37 28.3
    33     Jeremy Shockey 2002 2011           1-14 TOT NFL  136 129  547  6143 11.23 37 45.2
    34       Heath Miller 2005 2012           1-30 PIT NFL  115 113  372  4200 11.29 37 36.5
    35      Rodney Holman 1982 1995           3-82 TOT NFL  212 146  365  4771 13.07 36 22.5
    36         Eric Green 1990 1999           1-21 TOT NFL  120 104  362  4390 12.13 36 36.6
    37     Willie Frazier 1964 1975                TOT TOT  121   0  209  3088 14.78 36 25.5
    38         Bob Trumpy 1968 1977         12-301 CIN TOT  128   0  298  4600 15.44 35 35.9
    39     Rob Gronkowski 2010 2012           2-42 NWE NFL   40  35  175  2453 14.02 34 61.3
    40       Fred Arbanas 1962 1970    2-227-54AFL KAN TOT  118   0  198  3101 15.66 34 26.3
    41        Brent Jones 1987 1997          5-135 SFO NFL  143 125  417  5195 12.46 33 36.3
    42      Rickey Dudley 1996 2004            1-9 TOT NFL  108  87  221  3024 13.68 33 28.0
    43       Chris Cooley 2004 2012           3-81 WAS NFL  109 102  428  4703 10.99 33 43.1
    </PRE>

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    8,732
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Bos_Sports4Life View Post
    Gonkowski Currently has 34 TD's in 40 games. Thats .85 tds/game and 34 td's after just 2.5 seasons.

    In Comparison..

    * Tony Gonzalez has 99 td's in 245 games (.40 TD's/Game) and after his 6th season (95 games) he had 37 TD'd.

    Gronkowski at his current pace will have 100+ TD's by the time he's 28 and after 128 games.


    * Shannon Sharpe didn't get his 34th until he was 29 yrs old (123 games) and he finnished up with 62 td's in 204 career games (.30 TD's/game)

    Gronkowski is on pace to break his mark by his 5th NFL Season (He'll be 25 or 26)


    * Witten currently has 42 TD's with 150 games played. He has 8 td's less even though he's played in 110 less games.


    Currently hes on pace to be top 25 all time in TE's for td receptions by the end of this yr


    By the end of next season? He's on pace to be in top 5, Already..After 4 seasons of work.

    Obviously his pace will slow down some (esp once Brady is done). But How many td's do you guys see gronk scoring if he has a career without any major injuries?



    Anyways, This probably isn't "thread worthy" as its not breaking news lol. So if it gets deleted i understand, I just thought this is interesting after doing some number crunching.
    I don't mind the thread. It is the bye week after all, what else is there to do? lol.

    Good job on the crunching the numbers.

    To answer your question, barring major injuries, I think Gronkowski should eclipse 100 TD's. We, as Patriots fans, are absolutely spoiled that this guy is on the team. I remember when the Patriots drafted him, some were saying "He was injured in college," "that pick was a reach," etc. However, since then he's displayed so many feats of pure awesome-ness:

    I believe it was his first pre-season game after getting drafted. The Pats played the Rams and he drug the Rams LB'er into the end zone with him.

    The Gronk spike (many variations, most notably the 2 Gronk Spikes in England.)

    The meat head.

    The spectacular catches.

    The record setting seasons.

    Great blocker, etc.

    I do see Gronkowski slowing down somewhat, however, to have 2 exceptional and young TE's on the team is in the words of Michael Scott, "Awesome Blossom."

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    22,002
    vCash
    1500
    Gronk is the type of player you dream of drafting. Spectacular in all areas of his position, coachable player that works hard, and marketable.


    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Haha View Post
    What I feel right now is like the satisfaction you feel when a highly judgmental, moralistic televangelist gets caught screwing a male hooker.
    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

    Trill Team

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    VT
    Posts
    5,531
    vCash
    2833
    Quote Originally Posted by goshhhjosh View Post
    To answer your question, barring major injuries, I think Gronkowski should eclipse 100 TD's. We, as Patriots fans, are absolutely spoiled that this guy is on the team. I remember when the Patriots drafted him, some were saying "He was injured in college," "that pick was a reach," etc. However, since then he's displayed so many feats of pure awesome-ness:

    I believe it was his first pre-season game after getting drafted. The Pats played the Rams and he drug the Rams LB'er into the end zone with him.
    This is the exact moment I fell in love with Gronk. He's a beast!

    I'm going to have to look through my old comments but after his first season in the league I projected that he would be one of the best TE's in football. Man, I'm glad I was right!
    Perfection.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    22,683
    vCash
    8600
    Is it safe to call Gronk the best TE in the league in terms of catching, scoring, and blocking? (thus the complete package)






  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    261
    vCash
    1500
    That Rams player was James Lauranitas. I loved that stretch. I began to love him when we drafted him and his entire family was going crazy.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    2,013
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by goshhhjosh View Post
    I don't mind the thread. It is the bye week after all, what else is there to do? lol.

    Good job on the crunching the numbers.

    To answer your question, barring major injuries, I think Gronkowski should eclipse 100 TD's. We, as Patriots fans, are absolutely spoiled that this guy is on the team. I remember when the Patriots drafted him, some were saying "He was injured in college," "that pick was a reach," etc. However, since then he's displayed so many feats of pure awesome-ness:

    I believe it was his first pre-season game after getting drafted. The Pats played the Rams and he drug the Rams LB'er into the end zone with him.

    The Gronk spike (many variations, most notably the 2 Gronk Spikes in England.)

    The meat head.

    The spectacular catches.

    The record setting seasons.

    Great blocker, etc.

    I do see Gronkowski slowing down somewhat, however, to have 2 exceptional and young TE's on the team is in the words of Michael Scott, "Awesome Blossom."
    YES! I was at that game sitting in that endzone. It was insane!
    Kaleb Tarczewski Watch 2013
    FG%: 54.9 Pts: 10.0 Reb: 6.5 Blk: 1.0

    Florida Gators. Arizona Wildcats. New England Patriots. Boston Bruins. Boston Celtics. Boston Red Sox. #14 Tony Stewart. #42 Kyle Larson

    Follow me on Twitter @derrike
    2013 PSD Patriots Forum Fantasy Football Champion

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    8,732
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke0842 View Post
    That Rams player was James Lauranitas. I loved that stretch. I began to love him when we drafted him and his entire family was going crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by TragicallyHip View Post
    This is the exact moment I fell in love with Gronk. He's a beast!

    I'm going to have to look through my old comments but after his first season in the league I projected that he would be one of the best TE's in football. Man, I'm glad I was right!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xU8lseGUVHQ

    The man's a beast.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    3,441
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Superdude View Post
    Is it safe to call Gronk the best TE in the league in terms of catching, scoring, and blocking? (thus the complete package)
    No it is not. He is the best complete TE in the league and it isn't even close

    PSD's Shane Vereen.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Left
    Posts
    13,509
    vCash
    1500
    He's going to shatter that record. I just hope Brady's successor is competent enough that Gronk will still be able to put up big numbers. The security blanket comment above makes sense.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    3,402
    vCash
    1500
    Gronkowski is now top 30 in career TD's for a TE.

    Next week he'll have the chance at tieing legend John Mackey.

    With a strong 2nd half? he could be top 15 all time by the end of the season at the age of 23..

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    6,039
    vCash
    1500
    But, let's face that this is only one stat, just TDs out of a stat line that has 15 or 20 data points of significance. Not meaning to diminish this but it really is just one stat based on the first 3 years of a career.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    3,402
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by subroc View Post
    But, let's face that this is only one stat, just TDs out of a stat line that has 15 or 20 data points of significance. Not meaning to diminish this but it really is just one stat based on the first 3 years of a career.
    3 yrs and hes ALREADY will be top 25 and climbing up quickly (top 10 next season easily)..

    He's also going to move up relatively quickly in the other #'s, just not as fast obviously.

    IMO if he stayes healthy, You are looking at him having a HOF career already by the time he's 30..Crazy stuff

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •