Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Chandler Parsons and the Rockets next max contract

Chandler Parsons been playing really solid so far this year and I think the Rockets need to lock him in with a contract extension ASAP. With Parsons being our guy for the future at SF, Harden at SG, Lin at PG, and Asik at C. I see Patterson being our weakest link in our starting line up (even though I really like Patterson solid play and Lin is actually our weakest link as of now). So with that being said, I think we should go after a PF with our Max contract and Josh Smith should be the guy. Al Jefferson would be my second option but with a little more development on defense, Patterson game will be the same or even better than his so that would be a waste of money. The Rockets are stacked with PF's that got tons of potential and if we miss out on Josh Smith, I would be perfectly fine with saving our Max and playing with our current PF's instead of unnecessary spending.

HOW DO THE REST OF THE ROCKETS FANS FEEL ABOUT ANY OF THIS??????

vCash
    After this year Parson's still has a 2 year team option of just under 1 mill per year (I think Moray is thinking about taking that team option...). I would expect them to decline Delfinos 3mill team option after this year (as well as decline the 3.1 qual offer on Douglas, which will leave them with about 17mill to offer another player.

I can totally see them sitting still and holding on to that money in order to be able to extend some of its own talent with out killing its tax. So I guess I am happy to run with this team for 2 seasons unless something amazing comes along (J Smith at 15mill a year for 4 years aint amazing in my books)
    C: Asik PF: PatPat SF: Parsons SG: Harden PG: Lin

vCash
    Way too early to worry about that. He still has 2 years left after this season. What worries me is that he was a 2nd round pick, teams could do the same thing Morey did this offseason. And right now, Parsons isn't nowhere near a max contract.
    Rockets | Texans | Astros

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EDUTEXANS View Post
    Way too early to worry about that. He still has 2 years left after this season. What worries me is that he was a 2nd round pick, teams could do the same thing Morey did this offseason. And right now, Parsons isn't nowhere near a max contract.
    Of-course Parsons not worth the Max, nowhere close to it but I was thinking the Rockets could lock into a contract before his stock rise to anything higher than 6 mil.

vCash
    I don't think Parsons is a max type player.

vCash
    I like his game and his potential as a good second option or 3rd option, but way too early to be thinking of his as a max player.

vCash
    He may not be worth max now, but if he continues to play lock down defense and his offense emerges as he has he could command closer to $10 million. I would wait to see what DMo does after his stint in the Dleage before we run after Josh Smith. Just look at what the Dleage has done for Morris and I believe DMo has better skills then Morris.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EDUTEXANS View Post
    they can't though. the way we did the contract is only for 2nd round or undrafted players with 3 years or less of nba service. parsons will have 4 when his contract expires
    The Most Epic Thread EVER
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Yea what is he thinking not wanting to drive next to or near drunk people. I have never met a more sheltered scaredy cat. As a hobby i find 10-15 homeless guys and give them lots of alcohol and play bumper cars all day but im normal.

vCash
    Heard the rumor of Josh Smith coming to Houston for months now since the Rockets have money next season for a Max player. In watching Smith I am disappointed with his game.
    No power in his game...thinks he is a small forward shooting 18 footers or greater and missing badly. Doesn't put-out with rebounds consistently. Hope Houston doesn't go after him. Morley is the type to look at his mins to shooting percentage/rebound/blocks productivity and I don't think we go for him.

vCash
    Lol I was just gonna come in here and make a thread on his ceiling. Harden is nice obviously. Lin isn't that special but he isn't awful or anything.

Parsons and Terrence Jones are two guys I really like for you this season.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...parsoch01.html

He is stepping his game up hard. IMO he's your best defensive player as well.

I'm with Alex don't see him as a max player but how good do you think he can be?

Anyone see a better shooting version of AK47?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebbs View Post
    Lol I was just gonna come in here and make a thread on his ceiling. Harden is nice obviously. Lin isn't that special but he isn't awful or anything.

I'm with Alex don't see him as a max player but how good do you think he can be?

I see a potential better Loul Deng.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebbs View Post

i feel like a lot of people have used this one, but i really like the comparisons to iggy. that kinda impact just in a less fluidly athletic frame
    The Most Epic Thread EVER
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Yea what is he thinking not wanting to drive next to or near drunk people. I have never met a more sheltered scaredy cat. As a hobby i find 10-15 homeless guys and give them lots of alcohol and play bumper cars all day but im normal.

vCash
    I see AK just in his tremendous length and ability to impede you on both ends with it.

vCash
    Lin has back loaded contract that hits hard in third year...should improve by then. I'm pleased if he gets 12 pts 8 asts (Rebs have been a plus so far). Asik, Harden, Parsons make good crew. Power forward needs to be addressed IMO. Hope Patterson continues to improve; but looked online to see 2012-2013 free agents. Unrestricted ones ( no poison pill Restricted ones ): David West PF, Paul Milsap PF have good numbers this year thus far. Jason Maxiell PF and JJ Hickson have numbers equal to Patterson (Hickson 10.6 pts and 10.8 Rebs/game
    This year). Al Jefferson listed as center has good numbers. And oh yeah Dwight Howard the drama queen (has the best numbers and probably not 100 percent healthy) costs the most; He may want to not re-sign with LA circus and running system. Not sure if he would like our running style. I lean towards going after West or Milsap. Wish Manimal from Denver would be available. He could run the court relentlessly and get rebounds/pts on the fly. Not sure about blocks or 3's. Not getting too many from Patterson right now either.

vCash
    Lin and Asik count for 8 millon something each year against the cap.

Big THX to MJ's Bulls and pheagles10 on the sig help!
    Dear T-Mac,
    I miss you.
    Love,
    The Rim

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast