Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metsbulls1025 View Post
    I was exaggerating, but because we are dealing with seafood it is all based off of a market. So because I live in the mountains of North Carolina our seafood prices are sky rocketed.
    Man I would never go to a Red Lobster if I lived that close to the coast with all that fresh seafood at your disposal. MMMMMMMMMMM

Come to psd where admitted dupes who do nothing but troll the gd and fs forum are free. But man don't you dare mention trolling on someone's wall.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by homestarunner93 View Post
    Yes. Federal government has no business in education.
    Indeed. We need halfwits that don't believe in any of the progress of the 20th century to run our schools. Like these.

Our education system is partially federal for a reason. There are some floors below which we as a nation try not to let our children fall. We try not to allow racial segregation, anti-science bigotry, or overt injections of religion into the curriculum. The nation's children won't just be affecting their own state, after all. They'll be voters, and it behooves us not to let their minds fester in a stew of ignorance based on the ignorance of some of their elders, even if those elders are elected to the state school board.
    “A riot,” said Martin Luther King, “is the language of the unheard.”

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Why not? I see half the states dropping the ball big time on education. The entire south east, MAYBE excluding Florida is graduating far too few of its children from even the most basic education. If the state refuses to improve its education system, then I see no reason why the federal government shouldn't play a bigger role in that system. This isn't an instance where the experiment is working, it is failing miserably and needs to be stopped before it ruins even more of those children's lives.
    Quote Originally Posted by Labgrownmangoat View Post
    Indeed. We need halfwits that don't believe in any of the progress of the 20th century to run our schools. Like these.

Our education system is partially federal for a reason. There are some floors below which we as a nation try not to let our children fall. We try not to allow racial segregation, anti-science bigotry, or overt injections of religion into the curriculum. The nation's children won't just be affecting their own state, after all. They'll be voters, and it behooves us not to let their minds fester in a stew of ignorance based on the ignorance of some of their elders, even if those elders are elected to the state school board.
    The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.
    Maybe you guys should try re-writing the Constitution if you want the federal government involved in education.

vCash
    Maybe you guys should try re-writing the Constitution if you want the federal government involved in education.
    God, I wish I could. You shouldn't have your educated wasted because you were born in Mississippi instead of Mass. It's pathetic that it's allowed to happen.
    Visit my Blog.

"Glad the GOP finally came out with an Obamacare alternative. Can't wait to see their alternative to the Iraq War." - @LOLGOP

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    God, I wish I could. You shouldn't have your educated wasted because you were born in Mississippi instead of Mass. It's pathetic that it's allowed to happen.
    There are always people that are going to have their "educated wasted" because they're either too dumb or too complacent to do well (or a combination of the two). If you're that worried about your education, just move. After all, if a ton of people do this, won't the states HAVE to improve their schools? I think the idea that states aren't moving to improve their schools is stupid, as a I know good and well South Carolina is always considering how the public school system here can get better. I don't expect impoverished areas to improve no matter what, based on what I said earlier (combination of stupidity and complacency for a majority of the impoverished, although certainly not all).
    Last edited by homestarunner93; 11-14-2012 at 06:08 PM.

vCash
    There are always people that are going to have their "educated wasted" because they're either too dumb or too complacent to do well (or a combination of the two).
    Which has absolutely nothing to do with what I said.
    Visit my Blog.

"Glad the GOP finally came out with an Obamacare alternative. Can't wait to see their alternative to the Iraq War." - @LOLGOP

vCash
    dp

Baltimore now, but born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    vCash
    There are always people that are going to have their "educated wasted" because they're either too dumb or too complacent to do well (or a combination of the two). If you're that worried about your education, just move. After all, if a ton of people do this, won't the states HAVE to improve their schools? I think the idea that states aren't moving to improve their schools is stupid, as a I know good and well South Carolina is always considering how the public school system here can get better. I don't expect impoverished areas to improve no matter what, based on what I said earlier (combination of stupidity and complacency for a majority of the impoverished, although certainly not all).
    Just move. I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by flips333 View Post
    Just move. I love it.
    Are you saying people can't just pack up their stuff and move on a whim?
    Visit my Blog.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jmoney85 View Post
    making others pay so you can have the RIGHT to have health insurance is immoral and unjust
    Health insurance should be a right that you are born with and that you die with. It needs to be protected like any other human right.

One innocent life is more important than any amount of jobs or any amount of money.
    DUDA

Quote Originally Posted by VendettaRed07 View Post
    noah is gonna be a beast man.

with him and harvey, its like were gonna have Goku and Vegetta in the same rotation

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metsbulls1025 View Post
    Red Lobster should stop charging 87 dollars for an average Lobster and maybe more people would show up to eat.
    Lol so true LMAO!
    DUDA

Quote Originally Posted by VendettaRed07 View Post
    noah is gonna be a beast man.

with him and harvey, its like were gonna have Goku and Vegetta in the same rotation

vCash
    That is what I'm hearing. People can just quit their job and move to a completely new stare with a guarantee of a new one in that state. I think the same thing is true if they are being discriminated against. They can just get out of that state and not expect their basic right (yes you have a right to an education) to be protected.
    Member of the Owlluminati!

vCash
    There are always people that are going to have their "educated wasted" because they're either too dumb or too complacent to do well (or a combination of the two). If you're that worried about your education, just move. . .
    I don't get the point about people wasting their educational chances. That's true, some do, but it doesn't seem to have much to do with a persons right to a good education.

Don't think many of those elementary or middle school kids that are stuck in bad schools in Mississippi are going to be able to move to Massachusetts to improve their education.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by flips333 View Post
    Just move. I love it.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    That is what I'm hearing. People can just quit their job and move to a completely new stare with a guarantee of a new one in that state. I think the same thing is true if they are being discriminated against. They can just get out of that state and not expect their basic right (yes you have a right to an education) to be protected.
    Quote Originally Posted by IndyFan View Post
    I don't get the point about people wasting their educational chances. That's true, some do, but it doesn't seem to have much to do with a persons right to a good education.

Don't think many of those elementary or middle school kids that are stuck in bad schools in Mississippi are going to be able to move to Massachusetts to improve their education.
    You can't afford to move? Too bad. Guess you're going to have to play the hand you've been dealt. The federal government has zero Constitutional right to be involved in education, and should not be involved in education. This country is based on the ability of the states to govern themselves, and either the states are going to make their states more desirable to live in (improving education, etc.), or they won't be very fun places and people will leave. I think all of you underestimate the strides states are attempting to make in improving their schools, but you don't just instantly improve a poor school system. On top of that, some state is always going to have to be 50th in education if you're ranking states 1-50.

vCash
    You can't afford to move? Too bad. Guess you're going to have to play the hand you've been dealt. The federal government has zero Constitutional right to be involved in education, and should not be involved in education. This country is based on the ability of the states to govern themselves, and either the states are going to make their states more desirable to live in (improving education, etc.), or they won't be very fun places and people will leave. I think all of you underestimate the strides states are attempting to make in improving their schools, but you don't just instantly improve a poor school system. On top of that, some state is always going to have to be 50th in education if you're ranking states 1-50.
    What's the quote about the poor and workhouses. or is it prisons. I don't remember.

Are you a religious man, just curious. You seem awfully willing to turn the US into 16th century France. Tough , you're born poor is a bad way to run a country. Both from an economic standpoint and a guaranteed way to start a very unpleasant revolution.

Do you really mean this?

Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast