Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728
    vCash
    I'm not a fan of publicly run insurance as our only option but it is interesting that the countries rated higher than us on the freedom index all have some form of public option or publicly provided insurance.

http://www.heritage.org/index/ranking
    Member of the Owlluminati!

vCash
    Virginia to cut over 7,000 state employees hours to prevent them from getting Obamacare.

http://thinkprogress.org/health/2013...are/?mobile=nc

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcityroller View Post
    Virginia to cut over 7,000 state employees hours to prevent them from getting Obamacare.

I think that the true objective of Obamacare is finally exposing itself. The government is going to regulate the insurance industry into oblivion so that they can get the public option that they so covet.

On the Virginia state employees, I hope that they have a good union working for a bunch of low down, money grubbing, slave drivers like the State of Virginia.....
    "An armed man is a citizen, an unarmed man is a subject"

Unknown

Baltimore now, but born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcityroller View Post

That's the way to get and keep good workers. Heaven forbid th ****ing state should pay for health care. Hmmmmm I wonder what the governed and law makers who passed this crap have for health insurance?

Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

vCash
    Lets put some context to that statement.The 7000 workers were not recieving any healthcare from the state due to the fact they werent working fulltime hours.Obama care lowered the requirement threshold.The state (which is run by a republican big surprise)then lowered the workers hours across the board by 1 hour each.

So while there does appear to be an obvious negative consequence as employers and Republican states attempt to circumvent the spirit of the law losing one hour a week wont be the straw that broke the camels back IMO.
    The effort alone will cost many republican Legislators their jobs.

vCash
    seems I am
    Last edited by stephkyle7; 02-19-2013 at 12:18 PM.

vCash
    in a loop
    Last edited by stephkyle7; 02-19-2013 at 12:18 PM.

vCash
    dupe

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by corralski View Post
    I think that the true objective of Obamacare is finally exposing itself. The government is going to regulate the insurance industry into oblivion so that they can get the public option that they so covet.
    You're giving far too much credit to progressives. This isn't some kind of well-oiled machine over here. There is not giant conglomeration of corporations funding long-term strategy like there is for insurance companies. It's just people. That's why insurance companies were handed a mandated 30 million new customers out of this deal, and the public option was barely even a topic of discussion. You do recall it being "off the table" before the President's opening offer to negotiate, right?
    I'm going to list ALEC in credits as associate producer of creating horrifying things for us to talk about -John Oliver

People who think the least powerful members of society are responsible for most of its problems are deluded, at best.

vCash
    I can't believe that private insurance companies getting tens of millions of new customers is nothing short of a gift.

There are new regulations, but in the end these corporations overall will have an increase in profit.

vCash
    @ lab and schmooze.
    Its interesting how many people dont realize that.
    the Ins. companies played the middle like some villian some batman movie (lol).
    They insured that they couldnt lose.
    Did they want the mandate? No. because the new law will force them into some decisions they otherwise would not have made insofar as keeping kids with sickle cell coverd and the likes,but make no mistake ,they wind up being the biggest winner in the whole law, there was no scenario that could have gotten by congress that didnt ensure they still came out on top.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by corralski View Post
    Honestly, from long professional experience, that is truly a nonsense statement, given the amount of regulation that the insurance industry has had. Go ahead and name me any insurance company that has not been regulated all of your life time. Regulation is part of the insurance business and as a professional, I am thankful for it.

Now you are a business man. You deal with all kinds of contracts. Have you, as an individual, read your own health insurance policy, cover to cover, and understood all of it? I ask that question in the continuing education classes I teach to professionals in the insurance business, although not necessarily health insurance specific agents, I rarely see anyone's hand go up.
    Here is the question of the day, does anyone think that wealthy people should pay a lower percentage of their income to taxes than middle class people? Don't argue tax brackets, just a simple question. Do you think someone earning 46 million dollars should pay a lower percentage of their income than say someone earning sixty thousand?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Schmooze View Post
    I can't believe that private insurance companies getting tens of millions of new customers is nothing short of a gift.

There are new regulations, but in the end these corporations overall will have an increase in profit.
    It is a gift. That is why I upped my investments in a couple of companies.
    Here is the question of the day, does anyone think that wealthy people should pay a lower percentage of their income to taxes than middle class people? Don't argue tax brackets, just a simple question. Do you think someone earning 46 million dollars should pay a lower percentage of their income than say someone earning sixty thousand?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stephkyle7 View Post
    @ lab and schmooze.
    Its interesting how many people dont realize that.
    the Ins. companies played the middle like some villian some batman movie (lol).
    They insured that they couldnt lose.
    Did they want the mandate? No. because the new law will force them into some decisions they otherwise would not have made insofar as keeping kids with sickle cell coverd and the likes,but make no mistake ,they wind up being the biggest winner in the whole law, there was no scenario that could have gotten by congress that didnt ensure they still came out on top.
    You are factually wrong about the companies wanting the mandate. With the mandate, they get a larger pool, and the rule of large numbers allows for the profit margins to be maintained. Your understanding of companies underwriting rules are based in a world where the sickest always want insurance (think discount card) while the young healthy do not. This causes a condition called adverse selection. With the mandate, adverse selection is overcome.

Before you respond, look up the term, it will explain why the companies demanded the mandate if they were going to be under a guaranteed issuance law.

Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728