Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 419
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    4,913
    vCash
    1500

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Where the smog meets the shore
    Posts
    33,072
    vCash
    1000
    Darden (Red Lobster, Olive Garden, etc.) takes in over $100 mil quarterly. I'm sure the others are similar. The fact that they pass the cost on to employees (or in some cases customers) is absolutely sickening. The problem with corporate greed in this country is that if a company makes $400 mil in profits in 2010 and $500 mil in 2011, anything under $600 mil in 2012 is deemed a failure, so they make cuts and changes based on increasing rather than maintaining or heaven forbid a minor loss for the sake of the good of the people.

    Much like the late 1800's, we're really entering an era of class warfare. ANd much like then, everyone asking for workers rights (used to be 2 day weekend and less than 12 hour work days, now its healthcare) will be cast off as an anti-capitalist commi and everyone on the other side is a rich spoiled elitist.

    Welcome back to the labor fight..... anti-greed and pro-human is just unAmerican socialism.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    3,301
    vCash
    1500
    Why not do this before the election?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    4,913
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Darden (Red Lobster, Olive Garden, etc.) takes in over $100 mil quarterly. I'm sure the others are similar. The fact that they pass the cost on to employees (or in some cases customers) is absolutely sickening. The problem with corporate greed in this country is that if a company makes $400 mil in profits in 2010 and $500 mil in 2011, anything under $600 mil in 2012 is deemed a failure, so they make cuts and changes based on increasing rather than maintaining or heaven forbid a minor loss for the sake of the good of the people.

    Much like the late 1800's, we're really entering an era of class warfare. ANd much like then, everyone asking for workers rights (used to be 2 day weekend and less than 12 hour work days, now its healthcare) will be cast off as an anti-capitalist commi and everyone on the other side is a rich spoiled elitist.

    Welcome back to the labor fight..... anti-greed and pro-human is just unAmerican socialism.
    take a few minutes and watch this video

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmqoC...ature=youtu.be

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    40,047
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Darden (Red Lobster, Olive Garden, etc.) takes in over $100 mil quarterly. I'm sure the others are similar. The fact that they pass the cost on to employees (or in some cases customers) is absolutely sickening. The problem with corporate greed in this country is that if a company makes $400 mil in profits in 2010 and $500 mil in 2011, anything under $600 mil in 2012 is deemed a failure, so they make cuts and changes based on increasing rather than maintaining or heaven forbid a minor loss for the sake of the good of the people.

    Much like the late 1800's, we're really entering an era of class warfare. ANd much like then, everyone asking for workers rights (used to be 2 day weekend and less than 12 hour work days, now its healthcare) will be cast off as an anti-capitalist commi and everyone on the other side is a rich spoiled elitist.

    Welcome back to the labor fight..... anti-greed and pro-human is just unAmerican socialism.
    On public companies yes they need constant growth. But even staying even in public private companies cutting costs is needed. It's not much different then buying a new machine to be more effective and laying off 3 people because of it.

    I do think this does have rhetoric and anti Obama slant to it. I'll reserve full judgement until we actually see if it holds up and sticks and if it works long term.

    Lots of companies are shifting there health insurance perks and it started before Obamacare as well. Lots of companies were shifting some of the burden of Health care on to the employee via paying for part of it, or higher premiums. Wife's company shifted to higher premiums and health savings account, and she pays for part of her health coverage. And the CEO is a big time Obama supporter. Just couldn't afford the cost anymore. So in 2013 we will have higher premiums and a health savings account. I like the health savings account myself and so does the wife.
    Therefore he doesn't exist
    So poof...vamoose son of a b itch

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    6,335
    vCash
    1500
    It seems to me, that both these chains have been losing money. The fact is that since Obamacare is being applied to every business in a same or similar position, any stress it might put on a business will be the same for all, so from a competitive positions, if has no effect. This is pure politics, not economics.
    Here is the question of the day, does anyone think that wealthy people should pay a lower percentage of their income to taxes than middle class people? Don't argue tax brackets, just a simple question. Do you think someone earning 46 million dollars should pay a lower percentage of their income than say someone earning sixty thousand?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    4,913
    vCash
    1500
    making others pay so you can have the RIGHT to have health insurance is immoral and unjust

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    6,335
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by jmoney85 View Post
    making others pay so you can have the RIGHT to have health insurance is immoral and unjust
    Kind of like public schools huh? I have no children, but I have to pay for schools.
    Here is the question of the day, does anyone think that wealthy people should pay a lower percentage of their income to taxes than middle class people? Don't argue tax brackets, just a simple question. Do you think someone earning 46 million dollars should pay a lower percentage of their income than say someone earning sixty thousand?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    65,772
    vCash
    1500
    My grandfather, who runs his own business, says that he will actually save money because of the tax credits for providing health insurance. So it sounds like Darden is getting some bad advice.
    Member of the Owlluminati!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    3,301
    vCash
    1500
    It depends on how many employees you have dbroncos i'm pretty sure. Over 50 employees then you are screwed and don't get any tax credits.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    3,301
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by cabernetluver View Post
    Kind of like public schools huh? I have no children, but I have to pay for schools.
    I always thought public schools help increase the value of your house. If you are in a good school district then you will see a big increase in your property value when you try to sell your house.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    40,047
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by cabernetluver View Post
    It seems to me, that both these chains have been losing money. The fact is that since Obamacare is being applied to every business in a same or similar position, any stress it might put on a business will be the same for all, so from a competitive positions, if has no effect. This is pure politics, not economics.
    Correct but every company has workers and electric etc, they all will look for ways to cut costs especially in bad economic times. Reminds me of a company I deal with. Basically they make insulation for companies. Insult pipes etc for energy savings for more efficient operatings etc. It's a bit of a all things insulation. IE if you got an idea they will build it for you. I was visiting them in like 01 when things were starting to get pretty bad (not like 07-09) and I said you guys busy and they said oh god yes. I said oh good a lot of people are slowing down, and they said yea we layed off workers in 1998 because things were going good enough that no one worried about things like this. Now things are slowing down so they are looking for savings.

    Quote Originally Posted by cabernetluver View Post
    Kind of like public schools huh? I have no children, but I have to pay for schools.
    I'm not to hip on having to pay for public schools myself. Heck I have a company in one county and live in another and pay property taxes to support 2 public school systems when I A dont' have kids, and B if I had kids (and my wife proved they were mine) I wouldn't be sending them to public schools anyway.
    Therefore he doesn't exist
    So poof...vamoose son of a b itch

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Where the smog meets the shore
    Posts
    33,072
    vCash
    1000
    Quote Originally Posted by jmoney85 View Post
    take a few minutes and watch this video

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmqoC...ature=youtu.be
    If the healthcare cost is passed on to employers it can end there. It doesn't need to keep getting passed on. Profit can still be had, it's just less profit. If the cost had always been there, it'd be a given, but now its a new cost for the business so they pass it on.

    They tried this with limits on working hours and days; passing on the cost lost in hours to decreasing pay. That's when labor unions stepped in to cut out the crap. This speech assumes all the money paid, for our purposes for healthcare, comes from profit, but profit is what is left, not what is used for payment of these costs. The business seeks to avoid a drop in profit by passing on any new costs to employees, not to avoid a loss.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    4,913
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    If the healthcare cost is passed on to employers it can end there. It doesn't need to keep getting passed on. Profit can still be had, it's just less profit. If the cost had always been there, it'd be a given, but now its a new cost for the business so they pass it on.

    They tried this with limits on working hours and days; passing on the cost lost in hours to decreasing pay. That's when labor unions stepped in to cut out the crap. This speech assumes all the money paid, for our purposes for healthcare, comes from profit, but profit is what is left, not what is used for payment of these costs. The business seeks to avoid a drop in profit by passing on any new costs to employees, not to avoid a loss.
    Like I said previously... less profit means somebody is paying for it... which means people are paying for you to have the RIGHT to have health insurance... that is not morally right

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Where the smog meets the shore
    Posts
    33,072
    vCash
    1000
    Quote Originally Posted by jmoney85 View Post
    making others pay so you can have the RIGHT to have health insurance is immoral and unjust
    Nice spin. Well done. Horrible ethically, but well done nonetheless.

Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •