Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 37
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,793
    vCash
    1500

    Things we have learned about our giants.

    First il start off by saying i waited 24 hrs to post this beacuse i didnt wanna sound like a mad man.

    1- We have no captain. Over and over again when things go bad for this team you NEVER see anyone get into peoples face. Those guys can wear the "C" on their chest all they want but plain and simple a captain hold people accountable and doesnt care about "friends" he cares about team. This team doesnt have a real "captain"

    - The cowboys let bennet go for a reason.When the guy was drafted he had so much talent and so much upside. Dallas didnt sign him beacuse he drops to many balls/ is lazy and just shows a lack of intrest. Well here we are 10 games in and if u ask me the last 3 or 4 throws eli threw to him he looked LAZY. sticking 1 arm out not even maiing an effort , after dropping the ball just walking back to the huddle like he didnt care.

    -Teams have figured us out! Since the 49ers game this entire team from top to bottom had been horrendous. Teams have figrued us out and hyet we dont adapt. We have stubborn coordinators who dont switch anything or disquise anything. The team that showed up against the redskins is the same that showed up against dallas/ steelers/ and the bengals.

    As another thread is already posted to much loyalty!! Just read that thread..he hit ot on the head

    Eli manning is not elite- Now i know this is going to make some of you guys mad and your going to argue this but facts are facts. Trust me i argued with people along with all of you that he was elite. Fact is elite Qb's do not dissapear for 1/4 of the season. 1 TD AND 6INT in the last 4 games is far from elite and this is why everyone has always called us crazy for calling him elite. Hes not. If he keeps playing like this he will barly be top 15.


    **side note Webster is absolutley killing us and we cant go on like this.

    Add what you have learned!!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Leo's Mansion
    Posts
    19,323
    vCash
    1500
    Bennett has been dealing with a torn capsule in his knee. So I'm not really upset about his play as he is been dealing with a lot of pain and is still going out there week after week and doing his best.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Where the smog meets the shore
    Posts
    31,359
    vCash
    1500
    Hmmm....

    Quote Originally Posted by yankeeswin27 View Post
    First il start off by saying i waited 24 hrs to post this beacuse i didnt wanna sound like a mad man.

    1- We have no captain. Over and over again when things go bad for this team you NEVER see anyone get into peoples face. Those guys can wear the "C" on their chest all they want but plain and simple a captain hold people accountable and doesnt care about "friends" he cares about team. This team doesnt have a real "captain"
    Eli is a great leader on offense. He's not gonna get into a scream match on the sidelines, but a lot of his leadership and getting after his guys goes unnoticed around here for some reason. He's for sure a captain.

    Tuck is a great leader on D, he's just not backing it up with his play this season. It's true, there's no Strahan like leader anymore, but guys like Tuck and Rolle are doing a good job. I really think they miss Grant to that point.

    Quote Originally Posted by yankeeswin27 View Post
    - The cowboys let bennet go for a reason.When the guy was drafted he had so much talent and so much upside. Dallas didnt sign him beacuse he drops to many balls/ is lazy and just shows a lack of intrest. Well here we are 10 games in and if u ask me the last 3 or 4 throws eli threw to him he looked LAZY. sticking 1 arm out not even maiing an effort , after dropping the ball just walking back to the huddle like he didnt care.
    1st off, the Giants are never going to throw a whole lot at the TE spot. It's block first, catch later and if they get more out of it fine, but they'll always go for an affordable option and let Pope coach them up.

    2nd, through 10 games last year Ballard had 27 rec for 443 yds and 3 TDs and Bennett now has 36 rec 411 yds and 3 tds. So he's about at the same point. I'm not a stat junky so I know there's more to it, but Ballard had plenty of drops too. I def agree that Bennett isn't exactly all there all the time, but ya get what ya pay for and Eli seems to get the same production out of every TE, from Boss to Bennett.......hmmm.....Boss, Bennett, Bear....da **** is with the B's? Anyway, Bennett is on a 1 yr deal and don't be shocked if Ballard is back next year if his rehab goes well.

    Quote Originally Posted by yankeeswin27 View Post
    -Teams have figured us out! Since the 49ers game this entire team from top to bottom had been horrendous. Teams have figrued us out and hyet we dont adapt. We have stubborn coordinators who dont switch anything or disquise anything. The team that showed up against the redskins is the same that showed up against dallas/ steelers/ and the bengals.
    No doubt about that. They are working our soft secondary coverage big time and on D they've cracked the code on Nicks and Cruz and are giving us nothing to work with.


    Eli manning is not elite- Now i know this is going to make some of you guys mad and your going to argue this but facts are facts. Trust me i argued with people along with all of you that he was elite. Fact is elite Qb's do not dissapear for 1/4 of the season. 1 TD AND 6INT in the last 4 games is far from elite and this is why everyone has always called us crazy for calling him elite. Hes not. If he keeps playing like this he will barly be top 15.
    Let's not go down this road again.....

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,793
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Hmmm....



    Eli is a great leader on offense. He's not gonna get into a scream match on the sidelines, but a lot of his leadership and getting after his guys goes unnoticed around here for some reason. He's for sure a captain.

    Tuck is a great leader on D, he's just not backing it up with his play this season. It's true, there's no Strahan like leader anymore, but guys like Tuck and Rolle are doing a good job. I really think they miss Grant to that point.



    1st off, the Giants are never going to throw a whole lot at the TE spot. It's block first, catch later and if they get more out of it fine, but they'll always go for an affordable option and let Pope coach them up.

    2nd, through 10 games last year Ballard had 27 rec for 443 yds and 3 TDs and Bennett now has 36 rec 411 yds and 3 tds. So he's about at the same point. I'm not a stat junky so I know there's more to it, but Ballard had plenty of drops too. I def agree that Bennett isn't exactly all there all the time, but ya get what ya pay for and Eli seems to get the same production out of every TE, from Boss to Bennett.......hmmm.....Boss, Bennett, Bear....da **** is with the B's? Anyway, Bennett is on a 1 yr deal and don't be shocked if Ballard is back next year if his rehab goes well.



    No doubt about that. They are working our soft secondary coverage big time and on D they've cracked the code on Nicks and Cruz and are giving us nothing to work with.




    Let's not go down this road again.....


    Lol guys like you who dont ever see any negativitey... Eli is not a great leader on offense. Maybe at practice hes great but 1st and foremost you have to lead by example. Now in the last 4 games the guys is absolutley killing us. If he doesnt have time to throw HE needs to got to TC and say get Diehl out of the game...if gilbride calls a garbage play in HE needs to be the one to audible or go to TC again and say something.

    Tuck is not a great leader. I cant believe you jsut said tuck is a GREAT leader. Nothing about tuck is or ever was a great leader. Strahan was a great leader Ray lewis is a great leader. Tucks little pregame speechs dont cut it.

    Bennet makes me sick and again how can you defend this guy. Your saying we dont target the TE alot and thats true and since your bringing uo stats if the guy caught the ball when thrown to think of what his stas would be. His entire demeanor is wrong. The guy doesnt care plain and simple which is why he is no longer a cowboy.

    O and for your last point. Are you still gonna say Eli is elite after the horrendous stretch hes having? A elite Qb doesnt throw the ball to his offensive linemen and have a defensive linemen pick the ball off. You wouldnt ever see a true elite (peyton) do that
    Last edited by yankeeswin27; 11-12-2012 at 08:22 PM.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Va...heart between Giants Stadium and MSG
    Posts
    9,922
    vCash
    1500
    You're wrong on all those ....ive learned that the Giants keep me confused most of the time. But I do believe in TC. Its not easy being a HC in this league.

    NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS 18-1 Signature of a Champion!
    ELI MANNING.... 2X SB MVP....2X SB CHAMPION!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    bronx newyork
    Posts
    4,659
    vCash
    1500
    wow `this reminds of threads last years thread during nov
    Quote Originally Posted by Munkeysuit View Post
    Rondo #1 PG in the league ...he has a ring to prove it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzbolt View Post
    Wall will win more and will be better then Irving Quote me.
    Quote Originally Posted by bearadonisdna View Post
    u can't build a franchise around lebron. Its been proven already. he can't attract players and has to follow to be matched up with talent.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,793
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Missing56&33 View Post
    You're wrong on all those ....ive learned that the Giants keep me confused most of the time. But I do believe in TC. Its not easy being a HC in this league.
    wrong on all of those? Haha ..yea you definelty watch the games

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,793
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by seikou8 View Post
    wow `this reminds of threads last years thread during nov
    oo so were all good then beacuse its just novemeber rite?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Where the smog meets the shore
    Posts
    31,359
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by yankeeswin27 View Post
    Lol guys like you who dont ever see any negativitey
    Haha....thanks for that. Last week I got called a pessimist and a Debbie Downer. Now I'm too positive. Guess that makes me even.

    Quote Originally Posted by yankeeswin27 View Post
    ... Eli is not a great leader on offense. Maybe at practice hes great but 1st and foremost you have to lead by example. Now in the last 4 games the guys is absolutley killing us. If he doesnt have time to throw HE needs to got to TC and say get Diehl out of the game...if gilbride calls a garbage play in HE needs to be the one to audible or go to TC again and say something.
    Yeah Eli has had 4 bad games. It happens. Happens to great leaders too. Want to argue he's not elite? Fine, I get it, but I just don't go there. Tired of so much effort on both sides being put into one word. But Eli has taken young WRs and lead them well over and over. I don't see what's missing in him as a leader, unless you want some kind of drama queen like Rivers or Romo.....you'll notice how far that has gotten them.

    Quote Originally Posted by yankeeswin27 View Post
    Tuck is not a great leader. I cant believe you jsut said tuck is a GREAT leader. Nothing about tuck is or ever was a great leader. Strahan was a great leader Ray lewis is a great leader. Tucks little pregame speechs dont cut it.
    Ok, so outside of his pregame speeches what do we know about Tuck's leadership (or lack thereof)? All we know is how players react and respond to him and they all talk up his leadership. Other than that we know nothing, so based on what little we do know and watching him pump that D up last year in the playoffs, I gotta say he's a great leader.

    Quote Originally Posted by yankeeswin27 View Post
    Bennet makes me sick and again how can you defend this guy. Your saying we dont target the TE alot and thats true and since your bringing uo stats if the guy caught the ball when thrown to think of what his stas would be. His entire demeanor is wrong. The guy doesnt care plain and simple which is why he is no longer a cowboy.
    That's fair. I'm not saying the guy is great, I even said he's "not all there" meaning his head is just not completely in the game at times. We had lots of miscues with Ballard too. It's a position of low investment and therefore low return for our team; though with Ballard, he was so cheap it was pure gain. There are only so many Wittens and Gronks to go around and we just haven't hit on a TE in a while. They're still coaching Bennett up so we'll see where it goes, but for a 1 year deal, he's a pretty safe gamble even if he never gets it together.

    While we're on the topic, Delanie Walker and Keller (among others) are free agents this year and I'd like to see us grab one.

    Quote Originally Posted by yankeeswin27 View Post
    O and for your last point. Are you still gonna say Eli is elite after the horrendous stretch hes having? A elite Qb doesnt throw the ball to his offensive linemen and have a defensive linemen pick the ball off. You wouldnt never see a true elite (peyton) do that
    Like I said, I'm just not going down that road. Too much of a battle going on over this word "elite" (ex. the NFL forum). I'm not gonna say he is or isn't, b/c I honestly don't care. He's a GREAT QB and the best the Giants have ever had and there are 20 teams who'd gladly give up theirs for ours. I will say this: If people gave him the "elite" status after last year's great season and Super Bowl run, they sure as hell shouldn't be stripping it because of a few bad games in a row.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Where the smog meets the shore
    Posts
    31,359
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by yankeeswin27 View Post
    oo so were all good then beacuse its just novemeber rite?
    No, we're all good because its the Giants and they **** with our emotions on an annual basis.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,978
    vCash
    1500
    I've learned that this is the exact situation the Giants have to be in to succeed. People need to doubt us, injuries have to pile up, and fans need to overreact. Check, check, and check. I'm ready for everyone to rest up and we take off starting Week 12.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Home of the LW Champ.. Toms River, NJ!
    Posts
    6,206
    vCash
    4200
    I've been watching Tuck play football since he was a teenager. Since he went to ND and is a Giant - he's easily my favorite player. To call him a great leader is simply ********. He's even said himself he's not that vocal and he leaves it up to some other guys like Rolle because he just enjoys to lead by example. Well guess what? He's not that vocal and he's played like ***. How can you can you call him a great leader? We have no vocal presence on the team.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    9,199
    vCash
    1500
    Tuck is a terrible captain at this point. He mopes and isn't vocal and hence has to rely on his play to speak. His play has been rubbish and he's moping even more.

    What is your guys issue with Bennett? I agree his body language stinks but he's got a busted knee, hasn't missed time and is a beast in the blocking game.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Where the smog meets the shore
    Posts
    31,359
    vCash
    1500
    So a few shots of him looking frustrated on TV and he's a bad leader? I'm confused. What exactly are we basing Tuck's leadership abilities on?

    I have no problem being wrong about this, but I'm just not seeing any evidence other than everyone being frustrated about a 2 game losing streak.

    Bennett has been fine, but when he's off he's waaaay off. Like head not in the game off. Stops on routes to turn and look at the ball like he cant do more than one thing at a time. At least 3 times he's stopped while Eli lead him and the pass sailed.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Binghamton, NY
    Posts
    6,285
    vCash
    1500
    This team needs a major gut check. If we lose to GB coming out of the bye at HOME, we are in huge trouble.

    I agree with yankeeswin for the most part.

    We do have captains, they just aren't the greatest of captains. When things start going bad both Eli and Tuck get all mopey and it rubs off on the entire team.

    Bennett, meh. He played well early on, got hurt, but is still solid enough. I have no real complaints.

    Teams have begun to figure us out some yes, but also our dumb mother ****ing coach has decided that David Diehl shouldn't lose his job because of injury when somebody else had been playing the position better. Since Diehl came back in to start, Eli has been getting sacked and pressured more, mostly by Diehl's guy. That kind of stuff messes up timing. And when Eli is already slumping and you mix that in, well you all see what it does.

    As far as Eli not being elite I agree 100%. I've argued with the PSD "haters" and said he is, but his play the past 4 1/2 games has spoken for itself. The 2nd half of the 49ers game he was pretty rotten, and since then he's only gotten worse. The INTs have been some of the ugliest I've ever seen.

    The bad throws and bad decisions he's been consistently making are throws you'd never see guys like Brady, Rodgers, Peyton or Brees making on such a consistent basis. Yeah, everyone makes a bonehead play once in a while, but Eli is making multiple bonehead plays during the same game. Very good QB, but I'm no longer arguing that he's elite unless he turns things around from here on out this season.


    Quote Originally Posted by Gibby23 View Post
    The only way I will be proven wrong is if the giants win in SF and that isn't going to happen. You can keep saying they beat the Packers on the road and all that, but they are not playing the Packers this Sunday. The Niners will win by 10 plus points..... Numbers don't lie only you and some giants fan do to make yourself feel better about the loss your team has coming up.
    gooood caaaall

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •