Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman05 View Post
    They cant change it. Because everything forward is not counted as a fumble, if dropped. Thats difference.

Heres an example why: A D-Lineman gets his hand on the ball at the LOS. If the ball is knocked back lands behind the line, should that count as a fumble?
    You could view it like an and 1 in basketball, if you make the shot it counts as a made field goal as well as a field goal attempt but if you miss the shot it doesn't count as an attempt. In this case, it could count as a rush if caught behind/at the LOS but not a fumble if knocked down.

I like this idea because there's a lot of teams that are considered "bad" rushing teams when in reality short passes have replaced their running game and serve the same purpose.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Matrix3132 View Post
    You could view it like an and 1 in basketball, if you make the shot it counts as a made field goal as well as a field goal attempt but if you miss the shot it doesn't count as an attempt. In this case, it could count as a rush if caught behind/at the LOS but not a fumble if knocked down.

I like this idea because there's a lot of teams that are considered "bad" rushing teams when in reality short passes have replaced their running game and serve the same purpose.
    dosnt work like that.. cant have one with out the other..

what make up a new stat called failed rush att?

PSD's Sling Blade and lions forum bouncer

2013 tied for 1st place -PSD(lions forum) NFL pick'em
    2012 Lions draft contest winner
    Lions OTT #2 #3 #16 #22 winner
    2010, 2011, 2012 best argument

Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    I'm a Lions fan we aren't allowed to dream of success so I don't let others do so either.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DBR96A View Post
    I first pondered such a rule change after watching the Saints and Eagles last Monday night. I saw Drew Brees drop back and then throw a very short pass to a RB who was still about two yards behind the line of scrimmage. I actually asked myself out loud, "If you're going to do that, then why not just hand the ball off?"

Honestly, the more I've thought about it, the more I've wondered as well. A really short pass that's caught behind the line of scrimmage is no riskier than tossing the ball laterally or backward to a RB. It's essentially a "forward hand-off." I'm beginning to believe that a forward pass needs to be caught downfield.
    Except for the fact every season multiple passes like that are picked off. Spencer got one yesterday, and JPP got one 2 weeks ago against the Cowboys. Those are just the 2 Dallas has been involved with in 3 weeks
    Last edited by Young2Kinsler; 11-12-2012 at 09:43 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GottaLoveCubs View Post
    Or how about the QB does not get credit for YAC. WR basically did all the work. Why should the QB get the yards for it?
    Because the QB got the ball to him at the right time and position to make a play...

And don't tell me anyone can do that. There have been countless QB who struggle with the checkdown pass, it is an important aspect of the game.

vCash
    It'd be stupid to change the rules. It really wouldn't do anything to make the game more competitive or anything and it would just screw up record books and stats. It'd make passing records near impossible to reach and we would have probably 5-10 HBs that had 1500 rush yards every season. Also, I don't care about fantasy football, but it would completely flip FF.

vCash
    It'd be stupid to change the rules. It really wouldn't do anything to make the game more competitive or anything and it would just screw up record books and stats. It'd make passing records near impossible to reach and we would have probably 5-10 HBs that had 1500 rush yards every season. Also, I don't care about fantasy football, but it would completely flip FF.

7. 11-12-2012, 11:56 PM
    Reason
    baiting

vCash
    simple, stop making rules who sole purpose is to help create those pasisng numbers
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    simple, stop making rules who sole purpose is to help create those pasisng numbers
    This. If we get rid of the bs helmet-to-helmet penalties and be a little less jumpy on defenseless receiver hits it would certainly tone the passing game down. WRs would be less likely to jump in front of defenders (due to injury and due to lack of incentive from a penalty). Also, we could get rid of bs penalties like "hitting the QB in the legs". Wahhh. No one gets pissed when a HB gets his knees hit, why should the QB get a penalty if he still has the ball?

vCash
    I say just crack down on the 10 uncalled offensive holding calls per game in passing situations.

Make it easier for the wideouts, harder for the O-Line to pass protect.

vCash
    What if we don't change it officially and just do it ourselves for analysis.

......seems simple.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    What if we don't change it officially and just do it ourselves for analysis.

......seems simple.
    That's stupid. Please leave this thread.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TearsOfPurple View Post
    That's stupid. Please leave this thread.
    Lolol, yes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by haggis View Post
    Drew Brees would be ****ed.
    I've done this before........for Drewy Checkdown.
    Quote Originally Posted by 85BearsDefense View Post
    Yea Norm has showed us how Brees is just a checkdown artist.

lol

Cameron Jordan is awesome

12.5 sacks and this http://instagram.com/p/jfs5DemKo3/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by neovenator250 View Post

lol
    Hehehehe.

I haven't said a word about Brees all year though. I'm being nice!

vCash
    Hehehehe.

I haven't said a word about Brees all year though. I'm being nice!
    its true. You even threw him in your Top 3 QB's this year. I just can't help but laugh, though.

Cameron Jordan is awesome

12.5 sacks and this http://instagram.com/p/jfs5DemKo3/

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast