Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Wink A perfect way to reduce all the gaudy passing numbers

Count all forward passes caught at or behind the line of scrimmage as runs.

Discuss.
    "...more talking went on between us all until [Roethlisberger and his entourage] left the bar. Then I seperated with [name redacted] and the other girls and went with another group, and everything else happened, and I was told about it this morning and felt I needed to give my statement. Looking back and hearing all of the details, it seems to me that it was a set-up, and so I think this needed to be told."

-Victoria Garofalo, Zeta Tau Alpha sorority sister, in a statement to the GBI

vCash
    Drew Brees would be ****ed.

vCash
    I've actually always wondered why those aren't counted as runs.
    In case you weren't aware, there is now a Religion Forum here. All high-quality discussion welcome!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by haggis View Post
    Drew Brees would be ****ed.
    I first pondered such a rule change after watching the Saints and Eagles last Monday night. I saw Drew Brees drop back and then throw a very short pass to a RB who was still about two yards behind the line of scrimmage. I actually asked myself out loud, "If you're going to do that, then why not just hand the ball off?"

Quote Originally Posted by hoggin88 View Post
    I've actually always wondered why those aren't counted as runs.
    Honestly, the more I've thought about it, the more I've wondered as well. A really short pass that's caught behind the line of scrimmage is no riskier than tossing the ball laterally or backward to a RB. It's essentially a "forward hand-off." I'm beginning to believe that a forward pass needs to be caught downfield.
    "...more talking went on between us all until [Roethlisberger and his entourage] left the bar. Then I seperated with [name redacted] and the other girls and went with another group, and everything else happened, and I was told about it this morning and felt I needed to give my statement. Looking back and hearing all of the details, it seems to me that it was a set-up, and so I think this needed to be told."

-Victoria Garofalo, Zeta Tau Alpha sorority sister, in a statement to the GBI

vCash
    I've done this before........for Drewy Checkdown.

vCash
    Yea Norm has showed us how Brees is just a checkdown artist.

Our greatest glory is not in never failing. But rather in rising back up every time we do.

Find ya boi on twitter @MajorJensen33

vCash
    I wish they would as well but for teams who cant run this would kill them...Rodgers has no issues and I doubt his numbers would change but our run game is horrid and use the short passing attack to open things up.

Just take out the P Manning rule where Defenders can actually ****ing defend and the numbers will go down. Corners cant play defense when every little touch or grab ends up being a flag

What was meant for me will be Mine once again... THE CHAMP OF CHAMPS IS BACK

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    I wish they would as well but for teams who cant run this would kill them...Rodgers has no issues and I doubt his numbers would change but our run game is horrid and use the short passing attack to open things up.

Just take out the P Manning rule where Defenders can actually ****ing defend and the numbers will go down. Corners cant play defense when every little touch or grab ends up being a flag
    How would this negatively affect any team? You would still play exactly the same, just those short passes would be considered running yardage instead of passing yardage.
    In case you weren't aware, there is now a Religion Forum here. All high-quality discussion welcome!

vCash
    intresting...

but how would you keep the att, drop, and target stat?? if they where targeted behind or at the line but drop the ball does it count as a attempted run?? or attempted pass? dropped pass?? ect
    Last edited by det32; 11-12-2012 at 08:12 PM.
    2013 tied for 1st place -PSD(lions forum) NFL pick'em
    2012 Lions draft contest winner
    Lions OTT #2 #3 #16 #22 winner
    2010, 2011, 2012 best argument

2014 AAL Kyle Van Noy

0 tackles 0 sacks 0 interceptions

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hoggin88 View Post
    How would this negatively affect any team? You would still play exactly the same, just those short passes would be considered running yardage instead of passing yardage.
    This is true.... Nvm...I missread Lol. Not sure where my head is today.

What was meant for me will be Mine once again... THE CHAMP OF CHAMPS IS BACK

vCash
    I have a better solution... More white WR's and more black QB's...

Big THX to MJ's Bulls and pheagles10 on the sig help!
    Dear T-Mac,
    I miss you.
    Love,
    The Rim

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sep11ie View Post
    I have a better solution... More white WR's and more black QB's...
    Imagine how mind****ed the forum would be if Michael Vick was passing to Welker and Gronk lol

On Russel Westbrook's Chances at Defensive Player of the Year:

Quote Originally Posted by Money_23 View Post
    I think he has a good case. He's the only guy who can hold Durant to under 30 points a game.

Quote Originally Posted by P&GRealist View Post
    Sometimes, perception isn't reality.

But Tittays are forever.

vCash
    They cant change it. Because everything forward is not counted as a fumble, if dropped. Thats difference.

Heres an example why: A D-Lineman gets his hand on the ball at the LOS. If the ball is knocked back lands behind the line, should that count as a fumble?
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=71472&dateline=129574  9919

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by det32 View Post
    intresting...

but how would you keep the att, drop, and target stat?? if they where targeted behind or at the line but drop the ball does it count as a attempted run?? or attempted pass? dropped pass?? ect
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman05 View Post
    They cant change it. Because everything forward is not counted as a fumble, if dropped. Thats difference.

Heres an example why: A D-Lineman gets his hand on the ball at the LOS. If the ball is knocked back lands behind the line, should that count as a fumble?
    brought up good point forgot about bating down
    2013 tied for 1st place -PSD(lions forum) NFL pick'em
    2012 Lions draft contest winner
    Lions OTT #2 #3 #16 #22 winner
    2010, 2011, 2012 best argument

2014 AAL Kyle Van Noy

0 tackles 0 sacks 0 interceptions

vCash
    Or how about the QB does not get credit for YAC. WR basically did all the work. Why should the QB get the yards for it?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast