Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sfattahian View Post
    The context in which he used the word was racist IMO. not saying you are racist, just that it was racially insensitive to use the word thug the way ODP did. If you disagree fine, but I wasn't talking to you initially, and i think ODP heard me and changed his word.

If you don't know thug is a racially sensitive word then you are living in your own world.
    Ya i don't care about what everyone else is saying I care about what you said to me...and ya I know it's racially sensitive haha...ODP is a jackofff...pay less attention to him

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by winwarriorslose View Post
    Ya i don't care about what everyone else is saying I care about what you said to me...and ya I know it's racially sensitive haha...ODP is a jackofff...pay less attention to him
    If you jump in on a conversation, look at the context of the conversation.

I'm still cracking up at Mack's quote "so you believe everything you read in a dictionary" lolololol

vCash
    If you jump in on a conversation, look at the context of the conversation.

I'm still cracking up at Mack's quote "so you believe everything you read in a dictionary" lolololol
    Lol ya...that's a good one MACK

vCash
    Regardless of what i said, if you think every thug is violent and will rob you and murder you, because thats what in said in the dictionary, then im sorry.

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS
    "From the stomach at birth, till I'm under the earth."

#DUBSUP

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MackShock View Post
    ron artest is a thug
    No hes not. Ron Artest is a really cool, funny dude with an occasional bad temper. Dude grew up a hoooper, thats what he is. It's ignorant when we define people based on how they talk, where they grew up, and how they look (their skin color).

she says go for the championship

vCash
    does baron davis have a history of robbery or murdering that I don't know about???

if a black guys in a fight, he's a thug, if a white guy get's in a fight he's not? is that your logic for ron artest?

delonte west maybe... he rolled around on a motorcycle with a loaded shotgun and handgun, so he thinks he is one... but to WWL's point, these guys get special treatment their whole lives. they are pampered athletes, they have maseuses and maids and butlers and live in mansions. far from thugs, regardless of what they think they are.

if a black guy owns a gun, he's a thug. if a white guy owns a gun, he's a good old country boy in the NRA or a republican. These double standards are juvenile and outdated... thank god people like you are in the minority in your ignorant labelling of people.

WWL said many NBA players are thugs, because you can't take the ghetto out of the kid. They may talk a certain way that doesn't meet your standards of politeness or properness, but that doesn't make them violent gang-banging robbers and murders.

I'm not saying all NBA players are boy scouts. my only point is that to say NBA tough guys are thugs is racist, and ODP correted himself by saying "bad boys" which is a much more appropriate term.

just be a little more sensitive to racial stereotypes, it's a public site. Aren't you asian Mack Shock? you should think about that before throwing stereotypes around, knowing what it's like to be subjected to them unfairly.
    This right here. Delonte West and maybe Stephen Jackson are thug-gish..and the only ones off the top of my head in the NBA but they are not actual thugs. There were some thuggish players on the Blazers during the early part of the last decade,

but most of them have changed their ways, and therefore abandoned their thug persona, a la Rasheed Wallace and Zach Randolph.

Actual thugs break the law, and are admittingly not nice people and usually make money through crime. An NBA playr doesn't fit that bill.

Now Ray Caruth, Ray Lewis, Sam Hurd, they're thugs!! Baron Davis went to Crossroads High in Santa Monica with movie stars kids... Hes definitely not anything close to being a thug.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bayareaboy View Post
    now i may be reading this wrong but are you saying that we are only talking about black people being thugs n the nab? when was this said? im white, and from the ghetto. im not thug at all and although i may talk slang terms im not a thug. but that doesnt mean there are not white people that are thugs. i think mike miller and good ol jason williams were and are ghetto and have a lil hood or thuggish ness in them
    Jason Willams fasho did have some thuggish ness in him, but if he were truly a thug, he wouldn't have changed his look to Leave it to Beaver so quickly,

and he would've gotten into some kind of trouble while he was in the NBA.

Jason Williams was damn near a model citizen, he was just raised in the country and around black people so he has a certain confidence, and style about himself but that does not make him a thug lol.

9/13/14: #Mayhem (While Pacman fights Algieri in China. lol)
    vCash
    i don't use tupac to define words for me that already have definitions.

from your urban dictionary:

"The English word thug, meaning a violent criminal, comes from the Hindi word thag (and originally from the Sanskrit word sthaga), meaning a thief or villain."Back in the 1500's or so ,not really sure about the date, there was a god, in which ladies would come to. They would scarfice items to it, and also cut themselfs and the men would come and still there sacrifics and beat the women and they call themselfs thugs"The original Thugs were bands of roving criminals in India who strangled and robbed travellers. Originally these gangs committed murder following precise religious rites to honour Kali, the Hindu goddess of destruction."
    wow dude. You mention definitions then go quoting Urban Dictionary? Thats like trying to cite Wikipedia. Some truth can be found on those sites, but they are far from credible sources. Far from it. Anything random users can edit is about as credible as the NBA forum on PSD. And that's not a compliment for you new folks.

Barry Lamar Bonds. .393/.967/1.054....on 3-0 counts.

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/Bradley/Cotto/Wlad/Rigondeaux/Froch/Canelo/Maidana

Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

vCash
    The media has a lot to do with the kinds of personas that the broader culture emulates, including athletes.

a sort of thug, prison culture that is not only seen in sports, but can also be largely found in the suburbs. See the relatively recent obsession with the style of tattoos that people get. These trends have developed..

Go back 30 years ago, and I guarantee there were NBA players who were poor kids who grew up rough, but they didn't resemble back then what we consider thugs today. And there defintiely couldve been.

The thug image was reinforced by the media, and many young people have complied. The top athletes of today (in junior high school and high school) are far more well off then their counterparts from 20 or 30 years ago when it comes to having access to more resources, camps, and training facilities..

if anything, today top athletes are choosing to emulate the appearance of thugs rather than actually being one and living the life of one. Jmo
    Last edited by COOLbeans; 11-13-2012 at 07:59 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lolPhillies View Post
    wow dude. You mention definitions then go quoting Urban Dictionary? Thats like trying to cite Wikipedia. Some truth can be found on those sites, but they are far from credible sources. Far from it. Anything random users can edit is about as credible as the NBA forum on PSD. And that's not a compliment for you new folks.
    I think he was referring to mackshocks use of the urban dictionary and then using an example from that same source to counter mackshocks argument.

vCash
    Oh, well then disregard my comment.

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/Bradley/Cotto/Wlad/Rigondeaux/Froch/Canelo/Maidana

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MackShock View Post
    He makes a good point...we need thugs..but we have an all white team.

And david lee never shot jumpers until he played for don nelson
    I think this is the comment that sfatt is referring to

vCash
    lol, is MackShock implying that white people can't live the Thug Life? Has he not seen Malibu's Most Wanted?

vCash
    i never implied anything..

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS
    "From the stomach at birth, till I'm under the earth."

#DUBSUP

vCash
    Who gives a ****. It is semantics.

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast