Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 192
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    www.hunterpence.com
    Posts
    1,578
    vCash
    1500
    Speaking of soft players, David Lee is also a baby. Remember when Steph Curry blocked his shot and Lee got butt hurt over it? Or when he got into that confrontation with Richard Jefferson cuz he got dunked on?

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    2017 Pier 30 - Embarcadero Center
    Posts
    26,417
    vCash
    1500
    who cares..were gonna turn it around. TRUST.

    GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS
    "From the stomach at birth, till I'm under the earth."



    #DUBSUP

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,012
    vCash
    1500
    I think we need a real blockbuster trade (for a healthy player), like we did back with Baron Davis. ODP I don't think thugs is the right word, but guys with confidence and swagger and toughness who know they r good and can impose their will on the court.

    Saying thugs is racist. It implies any tough black guy with charisma is a thug. How is Baron Davis a thug? He went to UCLA and is a really smart guy. Just because he is from Compton? Cummon dude, be better than that.

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    8,714
    vCash
    34875
    If I was the Warriors GM I'd sit on this team for a year and then act in an appropiate manner after the season is over.

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    www.hunterpence.com
    Posts
    1,578
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by sfattahian View Post
    I think we need a real blockbuster trade (for a healthy player), like we did back with Baron Davis. ODP I don't think thugs is the right word, but guys with confidence and swagger and toughness who know they r good and can impose their will on the court.

    Saying thugs is racist. It implies any tough black guy with charisma is a thug. How is Baron Davis a thug? He went to UCLA and is a really smart guy. Just because he is from Compton? Cummon dude, be better than that.


    Not thug but Bad boys. Jackson and Harrington were cocky. As was Baron. Barnes. Remember when Jackson was involved in the brawl and shot the gun at the strip club?

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,866
    vCash
    1500
    Lee is a jump shooter, even when he was in NY. He's never had a great back to the basket game. This team's core are jump shooters with Curry, Thompson, Lee and Barnes. They either lack the speed/athleticism to get to the rim or the ball handling skills. The fact that this team shoots so many jumpers should be on the coach as well.

    As I mentioned before, this team NEEDS to get under the luxury tax next year. I know. Lets see how this team does first and I get that. I'm all for paying the luxury tax IF they're a winning team looking to sustain a playoff roster, but no one knows if this team wins 30 or 50 games and paying the luxury tax is a big gamble. Not to mention they don't have the cap space or a draft pick to dramatically improve next year. The goal is to keep improving and with this roster, as better as it is from last year's, has very little room to improve over the next season or two.

    Send David Lee, Jeremy Tyler, Draymond Green and Richard Jefferson to the Hawks for Josh Smith, Devin Harris and Kyle Korver.

    The Hawks could lose Smith next Summer and get nothing for him since he'll be an unrestricted free agent. With this deal, they get a nice player in Lee with two young players with Green and Tyler. They also get some veteran help in Jefferson who is on a short contract.

    With this deal, the Warriors receive $26M in expiring contracts, which would drop their payroll from $74m to $48M next Summer, putting them under the cap. They will need that cap space to re-sign Carl Landry if he opts out.

    Line up:

    PG Stephen Curry - Jarrett Jack - Devin Harris
    SG Klay Thompson - Charles Jenkins - Kent Bazemore
    SF Harrison Barnes - Brandon Rush (when healthy) - Kyle Korver
    PF Josh Smith - Carl Landry
    C Andrew Bogut - Festus Ezeli - Andris Biedrins

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    www.hunterpence.com
    Posts
    1,578
    vCash
    1500
    but i think the owners like Lee. Also, you can't argue that Lee has the fancier numbers, I looked at smith's lower field goal percentage
    Last edited by Over Da Pence; 11-13-2012 at 01:22 PM.

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Redway (HC)
    Posts
    1,452
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by sfattahian View Post
    I think we need a real blockbuster trade (for a healthy player), like we did back with Baron Davis. ODP I don't think thugs is the right word, but guys with confidence and swagger and toughness who know they r good and can impose their will on the court.

    Saying thugs is racist. It implies any tough black guy with charisma is a thug. How is Baron Davis a thug? He went to UCLA and is a really smart guy. Just because he is from Compton? Cummon dude, be better than that.
    Don't just think because B Diddy went to UCLA he's super smart for it...you have no idea what kinda of special treatment those star athletes get, it's ridiculous. Especially back when he was in college while there was immense amounts of cheating going on. You can take the kid outta the ghetto but you can't take the ghetto outta the kid. That's exactly what a lot of NBA players are or think they are...thugs. Don't run from the word because you think it implies a racial tone. Many players are thugs.

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Vallejo
    Posts
    2,192
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastSportz View Post
    Lee is a jump shooter, even when he was in NY. He's never had a great back to the basket game. This team's core are jump shooters with Curry, Thompson, Lee and Barnes. They either lack the speed/athleticism to get to the rim or the ball handling skills. The fact that this team shoots so many jumpers should be on the coach as well.

    As I mentioned before, this team NEEDS to get under the luxury tax next year. I know. Lets see how this team does first and I get that. I'm all for paying the luxury tax IF they're a winning team looking to sustain a playoff roster, but no one knows if this team wins 30 or 50 games and paying the luxury tax is a big gamble. Not to mention they don't have the cap space or a draft pick to dramatically improve next year. The goal is to keep improving and with this roster, as better as it is from last year's, has very little room to improve over the next season or two.

    Send David Lee, Jeremy Tyler, Draymond Green and Richard Jefferson to the Hawks for Josh Smith, Devin Harris and Kyle Korver.

    The Hawks could lose Smith next Summer and get nothing for him since he'll be an unrestricted free agent. With this deal, they get a nice player in Lee with two young players with Green and Tyler. They also get some veteran help in Jefferson who is on a short contract.

    With this deal, the Warriors receive $26M in expiring contracts, which would drop their payroll from $74m to $48M next Summer, putting them under the cap. They will need that cap space to re-sign Carl Landry if he opts out.

    Line up:

    PG Stephen Curry - Jarrett Jack - Devin Harris
    SG Klay Thompson - Charles Jenkins - Kent Bazemore
    SF Harrison Barnes - Brandon Rush (when healthy) - Kyle Korver
    PF Josh Smith - Carl Landry
    C Andrew Bogut - Festus Ezeli - Andris Biedrins
    Hey man I just wanna say I've loved ur trade ideas lately. I liked the Evans trade and I love this trade also. I wish we could get both thoughs trades to happen we would b such a better team from it.
    Curry/jack
    Evans/rush
    Barnes/korver
    Josh smith/Landry
    Bogut/Ezeli

    BOSS!!!!!
    Last edited by Bayareaboy; 11-13-2012 at 02:06 PM.


    THE REAL FRANCHISE WARRIORS!

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    2017 Pier 30 - Embarcadero Center
    Posts
    26,417
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by winwarriorslose View Post
    Don't just think because B Diddy went to UCLA he's super smart for it...you have no idea what kinda of special treatment those star athletes get, it's ridiculous. Especially back when he was in college while there was immense amounts of cheating going on. You can take the kid outta the ghetto but you can't take the ghetto outta the kid. That's exactly what a lot of NBA players are or think they are...thugs. Don't run from the word because you think it implies a racial tone. Many players are thugs.
    this. just because they get accepted into college doesnt mean theyre not a thug. all those so called thugs went to college at some point. and whatever school they went to is a "smart" school by all means..especially since its big enough to be D1. most players comes from the ghetto anyways.

    GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS
    "From the stomach at birth, till I'm under the earth."



    #DUBSUP

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,012
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by winwarriorslose View Post
    Don't just think because B Diddy went to UCLA he's super smart for it...you have no idea what kinda of special treatment those star athletes get, it's ridiculous. Especially back when he was in college while there was immense amounts of cheating going on. You can take the kid outta the ghetto but you can't take the ghetto outta the kid. That's exactly what a lot of NBA players are or think they are...thugs. Don't run from the word because you think it implies a racial tone. Many players are thugs.
    One of the more ignorant things I've ever heard. Baron Davis is a very smart man, not just because he went to UCLA but because I've heard him speak and he seems intelligent.

    Thug - 1. a cruel or vicious ruffian, robber, or murderer.

    So everybody who is born into a poor area (Which they have no control over) is a robber or murderer???

    It's embarrassing how ignorant you are.

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    2017 Pier 30 - Embarcadero Center
    Posts
    26,417
    vCash
    1500
    ron artest is a thug

    GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS
    "From the stomach at birth, till I'm under the earth."



    #DUBSUP

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,012
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by MackShock View Post
    this. just because they get accepted into college doesnt mean theyre not a thug. all those so called thugs went to college at some point. and whatever school they went to is a "smart" school by all means..especially since its big enough to be D1. most players comes from the ghetto anyways.
    Shame on you Mack, thought u were better than that. You are defending the use of the term Thug to describe NBA basketball players in general. Not to say that the occasional might be one, but to generalize is abnoctious.

    So because they are from the ghetto that makes them murderers...? How sheltered are you?

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    2017 Pier 30 - Embarcadero Center
    Posts
    26,417
    vCash
    1500
    you can leave the ghetto, but the ghetto cant leave u...regardless. example:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUS6nKpddec

    GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS
    "From the stomach at birth, till I'm under the earth."



    #DUBSUP

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    2017 Pier 30 - Embarcadero Center
    Posts
    26,417
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by sfattahian View Post
    Shame on you Mack, thought u were better than that. You are defending the use of the term Thug to describe NBA basketball players in general. Not to say that the occasional might be one, but to generalize is abnoctious.

    So because they are from the ghetto that makes them murderers...? How sheltered are you?
    lol youre definition is way off. just because youre a thug doesnt mean youre a murderer..hoodlum is more like it...
    Last edited by MackShock; 11-13-2012 at 03:37 PM.

    GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS
    "From the stomach at birth, till I'm under the earth."



    #DUBSUP

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •