Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MackShock View Post
    they havent shown that they are willing yet though..they have said that they are willing to pay luxury, but have been hesitant
    I dont think its just about the money they would have to pay and the payout that they would miss out on. Westcoastsportz hinted at it. The problem with being over the luxury cap and having a team that needs improvement is that being over the cap forces you to keep the same core. This hurts even more if the warriors lose their draft pick.

Jack, and landry will likely be off the books next season though. I dont see landry staying on a 4 million dollar deal. The good news is- we will have rush back.
    A role model if I ever knew one

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastSportz View Post
    People keep talking about 2 or 3 years down the line, but next year is the big year financially. Not only are they over the cap, they're in the luxury tax. They owe $400K in tax this season, but I don't think they'll willing to pay $4M. Being over the cap with no first round draft pick pretty much keeps this team the way it is through 2014.

They'll be looking to shed cap this this season. They'll try to deal Jefferson and/or Biedrins, but will find little takers unless they attach a guy like Thompson, Barnes or even Ezeli which I wouldn't do at all unless they can get a replacement elsewhere.

Here is a wild 3 team trade:

Indiana Pacers:

Outgoing: Danny Granger and David West
    Incoming: David Lee, Jason Richardson and Dorell Wright

Paul George is ready to take over the franchise and trading away Granger gives him the opportunity. They get a 2-guard replacement in Richardson who is playing well. Starters: George Hill, Jason Richardson, Paul George, David Lee and Roy Hibbert

Philadelphia 76ers

Outgoing: Evan Turner, Jason Richardson and Dorell Wright
    Incoming: Danny Granger, Klay Thompson and Draymond Green

They get a shooter in Thompson and a scorer in Granger. Two things they lack. Starters: Jrue Holiday, Klay Thompson, Danny Granger, Thaddeus Young and Kwame Brown(until Bynum is ready).

Warriors:

Outgoing: David Lee, Draymond Green and Evan Turner
    Incoming: David West and Evan Turner

West is a $10M expiring contract and Landry has shown that he'd be capable of starting. Evan Turner gives them a big 2 guard that can handle the point guard duties, rebound and attack the basket. A perfect duo to Curry in the backcourt.

Line up:

PG Stephen Curry - Jarrett Jack
    SG Evan Turner - Charles Jenkins - Kent Bazemore
    SF Harrison Barnes - Richard Jefferson - Brandon Rush
    PF Carly Landry - David West - Jeremy Tyler
    C Andrew Bogut - Festus Ezeli - Andris Biedrins
    I like the trade- Does Indy want to take on david lee and mediocre talent? Does Phi want to give up evan turner?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    I like the trade- Does Indy want to take on david lee and mediocre talent? Does Phi want to give up evan turner?
    I think they will. Is David Lee a better option at the PF than David West at this point? I think so and Lee is a couple of years younger as well. He's want Larry Bird was hoping to get when he drafted Hansborough and Plumlee. A tough guy on the glass that can knock down jumpers. I feel this makes the Pacers a better team.

I'm not sure if Philly would give up Evan Turner, but I think if they got a replacement in Klay Thompson and a guy like Danny Granger without really giving up much talent, then it would be a great deal. Philly's problem for the past several years is a lack of a "go to" scorer. Iguodala wasn't that guy. Holiday or Brand wasn't either. Their best shooter and scorer was a sixth man that is now in Atlanta (Lou Williams). They get a shooter in Thompson and a scorer in Granger when he returns. IMO, I like both Thompson and Turner equally. I think they both have great potential, but its a matter of team need. Klay is a 6'7 version of Curry and both don't have the mentality to attack the basket. With Turner, he has a shaky jumper so he's going to attack the rim and kick it out to a guy like Curry or Barnes.

I would give up Klay for Evan straight up as I think it benefits both teams, but the salaries just don't add up. The Warriors would have to include Jeremy Tyler, Draymond Green and Charles Jenkins and it would cost the Sixers both their 2013 second rounders.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    Well with that being said Indiana is known to take on mediocre talent from the warriors in the past so I can't put it past them.

We've been known to make deals with them. and the fact that Richardson and Dorell are ex Warriors could be further enticing for them?

she says go for the championship

vCash
    I got one... Similar to my last one but revised.

Trade Curry and 2 1st round picks to Boston for rondo.

Trade Thompson and Lee for JSmoove

Then when Beans, RJeff, Jack and Landry contracts expire in 2014, sign Luol Deng and Tyreke Evans.

Extend Bogut (going over the cap) Which I think Lacob would do for a guaranteed playoff team.

2014/2015 Warriors: with salaries (in millions)

Rondo - $13
    Barnes - $3
    Deng - $12
    Smith - $14
    Bogut - ? Depends of health in 2013

Key Bench:
    Evans - $8
    Rush - $6
    Ezeli - $1

End of bench:
    Bazemore -$1
    Green - $1

Total - $59 + whatever Bogut would make depending on his health.

Luxury tax will be $70-72 I believe.

This team would be guatenteed to make the playoffs consistently I think. If Barnes develops into a go-to-guy and Evans thrives as a 6th man then we could go far I think.

The team is athletic and could defend. Rondo and Evans can break down defenses. Barnes, Deng and Rush can shoot. Good rebounders at every position. Deng can slide over to the 4 when Smith is out. Multiple guys can play multiple positions. Plus we have size and strength at every position which we've never had.
    Last edited by sfattahian; 11-16-2012 at 05:06 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sfattahian View Post
    I got one... Similar to my last one but revised.

Trade Curry and 2 1st round picks to Boston for rondo.

salary doesnt match until next yr. Also we cant trade 1st rd picks yet.

Trade Thompson and Lee for JSmoove

dont know what the numbers look like- but id want morrow back too

Then when Beans, RJeff, Jack and Landry contracts expire in 2014, sign Luol Deng and Tyreke Evans.

beans and RJ are on through the summer of 2014. Tyreke will not be available then.
    Extend Bogut (going over the cap) Which I think Lacob would do for a guaranteed playoff team.

LMAO- the most questionable decision in the post considering we have no clue if bogut will ever come back at full strength

2014/2015 Warriors: with salaries (in millions)

Rondo - $13
    Barnes - $3
    Deng - $12
    Smith - $14
    Bogut - ? Depends of health in 2013

Key Bench:
    Evans - $8
    Rush - $6 rush is making 4 million next yr
    Ezeli - $1

End of bench:
    Bazemore -$1
    Green - $1

Total - $59 + whatever Bogut would make depending on his health.

Luxury tax will be $70-72 I believe.

This team would be guarenteed to make the playoffs consistently I think. If Barnes develops into a go-to-guy and Evans thrives as a 6th man then we could go far I think.
    maybe

vCash
    Curry trade was for summer 2013. It works. We can trade our 2014 pick next summer.

Tyreke is available in summer of 2014 when beans and RJeff come off books. Look it up. It works.

Bogut is simple. If he's healthy re-sign him if he is not then don't. Plenty of other good centers available that summer 2014.

Did you not read the part where I said Golden State Warriors 2014/2015?

Rush will be a free-agent in 2014 so I figure we will sign him to a contract at about 6 million per year since he is making 4 million per year this year and next.

Furthermore, Rondos salary at the start of 2014 is 13 million which is why I put that there. Deng, Smith and Rush Are all estimated salaries.

Don't worry I thought it all out. But if that were to all take place how would you like the team?
    Last edited by sfattahian; 11-16-2012 at 05:49 PM.

vCash
    Damn just heard the Lakers are after Smith and Korver for Gasol. There goes that idea.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sfattahian View Post
    Damn just heard the Lakers are after Smith and Korver for Gasol. There goes that idea.
    smith and d howard in the same front court.... yikez. Dantoni might have no choice but to have a strong defensive team.

vCash
    I think Gasol is actually a better fit for LA. His game is a nice compliment to Dwight, where if they trade for Smith they have two athletic big men that cant shoot with average to below average post moves.

Plus I doubt Atlanta trades Smith for Gasol, they want young players to rebuild with.

vCash
    Josh Smith would be elite if he wasn't an idiot. All he has to do is not shoot jump shots. THAT'S ALL.

vCash
    rebuilding = code word for were gonna suck the next 5 years

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS
    "From the stomach at birth, till I'm under the earth."

#DUBSUP

vCash
    After watching the Warriors beat Atlanta, I realized Smith might actually be softer than I thought. Lee got an offensive rebound that came right to Smith and Lee made him look rather flat and also had his number in the game. Lee is probably better for clubhouse chemistry as well. Plus when you look at the numbers, Smith's percentage is questionable and isn't exceptionally high on the rebound chart, plus doesn't have great size for a 4. So I think I'll pass on Smith. We just need Bogut back and gotta keep on building Barnes up. Figure out the Thompson situation.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Over Da Pence View Post
    After watching the Warriors beat Atlanta, I realized Smith might actually be softer than I thought. Lee got an offensive rebound that came right to Smith and Lee made him look rather flat and also had his number in the game. Lee is probably better for clubhouse chemistry as well. Plus when you look at the numbers, Smith's percentage is questionable and isn't exceptionally high on the rebound chart, plus doesn't have great size for a 4. So I think I'll pass on Smith. We just need Bogut back and gotta keep on building Barnes up. Figure out the Thompson situation.
    I would be willing to bet that Josh Smith will be a player who is snakebit by injuries for the entirety of his career. He's lost so much leaping ability already it's sad :[

vCash
    While I think Pao is much better then Josh Smith and Diantoni was a dumb hire, Josh Smith would be ridiculous in that system. I don't think they'll win a championship with Smith at PF though.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast