Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 192
  1. #76
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    2017 Pier 30 - Embarcadero Center
    Posts
    26,530
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by sfattahian View Post
    if a black guys in a fight, he's a thug, if a white guy get's in a fight he's not? is that your logic for ron artest?
    this part resonated the most. and no, just because a black guy is in a fight doesnt make him a thug. is that what you think?

    i think society just has us tend to think that a thug is automatically black, or that the projects automatically have black people.

    totally not true.

    GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS
    "From the stomach at birth, till I'm under the earth."



    #DUBSUP

  2. #77
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Vallejo
    Posts
    2,192
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by MackShock View Post
    this part resonated the most. and no, just because a black guy is in a fight doesnt make him a thug. is that what you think?

    i think society just has us tend to think that a thug is automatically black, or that the projects automatically have black people.

    totally not true.
    this!


    THE REAL FRANCHISE WARRIORS!

  3. #78
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,013
    vCash
    1500
    I gave you the dictionary definition of the word thug, i don't know what else to tell you, your lack of knowledge about anything related to the topic is staggering.

    you are having a hard time differentiating between tupacs thug life mantra and the actual word thug. Do you think tupac invented the word thug?

  4. #79
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    2017 Pier 30 - Embarcadero Center
    Posts
    26,530
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by sfattahian View Post
    omg this is getting worse... now you misquote a tupac song called "shorty WANNA BE a thug" not shorty wants a thug, like she wants to date a thug. read the lyrics in the song, you are waaaaaaaaaaaay off.

    Tupac didn't invent the word thug, he invented a way of life called "thug life" which were a set of codes written by Pac designed to give order to the rise of gang violence and drug dealing in south central LA. So yeah drug dealing and violence and murdering are all associated with being a thug.

    I think your definition of a thug is different to the rest of the world. and you just misinterpreted tupac.
    haha thats my bad i was thinking about the lollipop song by lil wayne, yenno the chorus? anyways..

    like i said, im not here to argue with you..if you think everybody sees a thug as a murderer then you're trippin..ill just leave it at that

    GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS
    "From the stomach at birth, till I'm under the earth."



    #DUBSUP

  5. #80
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    2017 Pier 30 - Embarcadero Center
    Posts
    26,530
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by sfattahian View Post
    I gave you the dictionary definition of the word thug, i don't know what else to tell you, your lack of knowledge about anything related to the topic is staggering.

    you are having a hard time differentiating between tupacs thug life mantra and the actual word thug. Do you think tupac invented the word thug?
    no dude, i know he didnt. you are just applying the literal meaning .. which makes no sense in this context.

    GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS
    "From the stomach at birth, till I'm under the earth."



    #DUBSUP

  6. #81
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    2017 Pier 30 - Embarcadero Center
    Posts
    26,530
    vCash
    1500
    Im running short on time, so Ill leave with this:

    Every thug is not a killer or violent. But we have a generalization on what a thug is; how he talks, dresses, looks, tattoos, etc. We apply this stereotype to Ron Artest among others in the NBA i suppose, which is how we call them a thug.

    GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS
    "From the stomach at birth, till I'm under the earth."



    #DUBSUP

  7. #82
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,013
    vCash
    1500
    i don't use tupac to define words for me that already have definitions.

    from your urban dictionary:

    "The English word thug, meaning a violent criminal, comes from the Hindi word thag (and originally from the Sanskrit word sthaga), meaning a thief or villain."Back in the 1500's or so ,not really sure about the date, there was a god, in which ladies would come to. They would scarfice items to it, and also cut themselfs and the men would come and still there sacrifics and beat the women and they call themselfs thugs"The original Thugs were bands of roving criminals in India who strangled and robbed travellers. Originally these gangs committed murder following precise religious rites to honour Kali, the Hindu goddess of destruction."

  8. #83
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,013
    vCash
    1500
    when it was used in context by ODP in this thread and he said "we need thugs on the team" like baron davis stackjack and Barnes, do you think he meant "oh we need underprivaledged men who have made it through struggles"? or do you think he meant "we need hard, tough, violent gangster types"??

    he even said he meant Bad boys, so that is what i reacted to.

    You are defending the use of the word in that context.

  9. #84
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,013
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by MackShock View Post
    Im running short on time, so Ill leave with this:

    Every thug is not a killer or violent. But we have a generalization on what a thug is; how he talks, dresses, looks, tattoos, etc. We apply this stereotype to Ron Artest among others in the NBA i suppose, which is how we call them a thug.
    and that is racist

  10. #85
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    2017 Pier 30 - Embarcadero Center
    Posts
    26,530
    vCash
    1500
    Well I'm sorry dude, if you think every thug is the same and they are all ruthless criminals and violent murderers, then I'm sorry.

    GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS
    "From the stomach at birth, till I'm under the earth."



    #DUBSUP

  11. #86
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    2017 Pier 30 - Embarcadero Center
    Posts
    26,530
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by sfattahian View Post
    and that is racist
    lol..no its not. my description can be applied to anyone in the NBA. you just assumed i was describing a black person before attaching it to artest.

    so i guess fitz saying "barnes is very athletic" means he is a racist too..
    Last edited by MackShock; 11-13-2012 at 04:18 PM.

    GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS
    "From the stomach at birth, till I'm under the earth."



    #DUBSUP

  12. #87
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Redway (HC)
    Posts
    1,452
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by sfattahian View Post
    One of the more ignorant things I've ever heard. Baron Davis is a very smart man, not just because he went to UCLA but because I've heard him speak and he seems intelligent.

    Thug - 1. a cruel or vicious ruffian, robber, or murderer.

    So everybody who is born into a poor area (Which they have no control over) is a robber or murderer???

    It's embarrassing how ignorant you are.
    LOL ok I guess I'll just take your word for it on how intelligent he is because he 'seems' smart?

    Btw...there are various definitions of thug one saying a thug is a violent person. You don't have to murder or rob somebody to be violent or have "thug" qualities in your personality. Sooo get your facts COMPLETELY straight before going there...and never did I once say that the term "thug" is referring to only black people...anything else you want to debate?

    It's embarrassing how biased you are

  13. #88
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,013
    vCash
    1500
    i was talking about ODP and why he said "we need thugs"... why not say enforcers? or tough players? improper vernacular. since he used 3 black guys as examples, it seemed insensitive. and like mack shock said, its a racial stereotype associated with black players. you say it's not offensive, but do you think black players would be happy hearing you refer to them as thugs? i don't think so

  14. #89
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,013
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by winwarriorslose View Post
    LOL ok I guess I'll just take your word for it on how intelligent he is because he 'seems' smart?

    Btw...there are various definitions of thug one saying a thug is a violent person. You don't have to murder or rob somebody to be violent or have "thug" qualities in your personality. Sooo get your facts COMPLETELY straight before going there...and never did I once say that the term "thug" is referring to only black people...anything else you want to debate?

    It's embarrassing how biased you are
    which definition do you think ODP was referring to? the tupac version or the dictionary version... he followed it up by saying "bad boys", so thugs and bad boys he used interchangably by ODP in my initial response.

    since thug can be taken offensively, he should have used a better word.

  15. #90
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,013
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by winwarriorslose View Post
    LOL ok I guess I'll just take your word for it on how intelligent he is because he 'seems' smart?

    Btw...there are various definitions of thug one saying a thug is a violent person. You don't have to murder or rob somebody to be violent or have "thug" qualities in your personality. Sooo get your facts COMPLETELY straight before going there...and never did I once say that the term "thug" is referring to only black people...anything else you want to debate?

    It's embarrassing how biased you are
    The context in which he used the word was racist IMO. not saying you are racist, just that it was racially insensitive to use the word thug the way ODP did. If you disagree fine, but I wasn't talking to you initially, and i think ODP heard me and changed his word.

    If you don't know thug is a racially sensitive word then you are living in your own world.

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •