Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

If you were the Warrior's GM...?

If you were the Warriors, what would be your (roughly) 2-3 year plan to establish the Warriors as a consistent playoff calibre team? Go as in depth as you like, from coaching to player movement to draft strategies, etc. Has to be somewhat realistic... no trade Curry for LeBron type stuff. Please consider salary cap restrictions to make it reasonably possible.

I'll start it off by saying I'd try to trade Curry and a filler for Rajon Rondo-26 either at the trade deadline of in the offseason. Rondo has pissed of Celtic's management enough times to where I think they would trade him for the right young player. Pass-first point guard to would make every body else better. Proven leader and great defender, quality athlete. Plays both ways.

I'd then try to acquire Josh Smith-26 (as I've said many times before) for a package involving David Lee, a filler and 2014 and/or 15 1st-round draft pick(s). Do this at trade deadline or offseason. Physical 3/4, plays defense, rebounds, unstoppable on the fast break, underrated passer and post game. Talented on both sides of the ball.

When Biedrins and Jefferson's contracts expire(after player options exercised) in 2 years, sign Tyreke Evans (who might be an unrestricted free agent) as a 6th man off the bench. This is a stretch, but not entirely unlikely. Aparently Sac won't sign him to an extention so he could sign a 1-year qualifying deal and become an unrestricted free agent in 2014.

Re-sign Jack, Rush and Landry in 2-years.

The entire plan hinges on Andrew Bogut coming back healthy (which is why I'll never be a GM, but I can always dream).

2014 and beyond Warriors:

Rondo/Jack
    Thompson/T.Evans
    Barnes/Rush
    J.Smith/Landry
    Bogut/Ezeli

Interested to see what you guys would do... more details the better.

vCash
    Hmm..I dont see this thread getting too far..

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS
    "From the stomach at birth, till I'm under the earth."

#DUBSUP

vCash
    I hope ODP didnt tell you to make this..

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS

#DUBSUP

vCash
    I like the idea of the thread. My plan would be to make this team allot tougher, and add guys who can play & have experience. I love the idea of getting Rajon Rondo & Josh Smith, both guys bring allot more to the team than Curry & Lee. So here's what I would do.

1) Trade Curry & Ezeli for Rondo & Melo. I think both team's go for this trade.

2) Trade Lee & Thompson for Smith, Stevenson & 1st round pick.

PG: Rondo-Jack-Jenkins
    SG: Rush-Stevenson-Bazemore
    SF: Barnes-Jefferson-Green
    PF: Smith-Landry-Tyler
    C: Bogut-Biedrins-Melo

Quote Originally Posted by Monta is beast View Post
    If Currys defense is so bad, why do the warriors have the third best defensive team in the league? Why do opposing point guards have a less than average per of 14.9 when Curry is in the game? Why does curry LEAD the nba with a plus minus of +416.
    Quote Originally Posted by alexander_37 View Post
    You can rattle off all of the stats you want with no context whatsoever. You still said Curry is the 4th best player in the league.
    I guess stats aren't factual when rattled off?

vCash
    but lets be realisitic people. Curry aint going nowhere..that contract shows we are committed to him..

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS

#DUBSUP

vCash
    I like the idea of the thread. My plan would be to make this team allot tougher, and add guys who can play & have experience. I love the idea of getting Rajon Rondo & Josh Smith, both guys bring allot more to the team than Curry & Lee. So here's what I would do.

That wont work becvause we need a shooting guard this season. Or does that plan mean we are giving up on the season less than 2 weeks into it?
    A role model if I ever knew one

vCash
    Yes u like the trade. Lee and curry are babies. I used to like them a lot but am tired of losing. They are babies that have no toughness

vCash
    would you guys do David Lee and Barnes for Gasol?

Yall let me slip?!?!

vCash

I like it. Was hoping we could get Smith without giving up Thompson but realistically I think you are right it would take both of them. I think Rondo could get a lot out of Thompson, but I'd rather give up Thompson than Barnes at this point. I think Barnes could play the 2 or 3. They had him guarding Kobe against the Lakers, which shows they think he can defend that position. He's a big two or a small three in my opinion. If he can shore up his ballhandling I like him at the two.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by raiderposting View Post
    pau or marc

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    That wont work becvause we need a shooting guard this season. Or does that plan mean we are giving up on the season less than 2 weeks into it?
    If Bogut doesn't come back, it's not looking good.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sfattahian View Post
    If Bogut doesn't come back, it's not looking good.
    apparently bogut still has a lot of value when he is injured though

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by raiderposting View Post
    Hell ya to Marc! Pau.. Prolly not. I hate Pau, he's a poon and he should have been fined for flopping the other night.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    apparently bogut still has a lot of value when he is injured though
    Haha seriously. The whole future of the franchise is riding on his health right now... Not exactly a position of strength.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MackShock View Post
    but lets be realisitic people. Curry aint going nowhere..that contract shows we are committed to him..
    Yeah unless we can get somebody who's better... The extension just means we wanted to lock up an asset so that he doesn't go away for free or for a lot more money next season or the season after. We got him for cheaper than it would have cost if he were healthy. If he stays healthy which could very well happen then I think a lot of teams might want to trade for him.

Of course they are going to say that he is our guy but for a losing team like the Warriors I don't think any player is off limits and you don't get too committed to anybody until they prove they can win.

The likelihood is that you are right we are committed to him but that could change if we have another failed season.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast