Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

vCash

20 States Petition to Secede From U.S. After Obama Victory

20 States Petition to Secede From U.S. After Obama Victory
    Posted on Nov 12, 2012

Citizens ostensibly upset that President Obama won another four-year term in office are petitioning the White House’s “We The People” site to allow 20 states to secede from the union.

From Gawker:

Petitions for secession filed from Louisiana and Texas have already received well over 10,000 signatures. Per the website’s own rules, petitions that garner 25,000 signatures or more within 30 days require a response from the Obama administration.

Similar petitions from Alabama, Tennessee, and, interestingly, Oregon, are also gaining traction, with each receiving thousands of supporters over the weekend alone.

Other states trying to secede: Florida, Arkansas, South Carolina, Missouri, Kentucky, Colorado, New Jersey, Montana, North Dakota, Indiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, Alabama, Michigan and Georgia. A petition was also started for the state of New York by someone in North Dakota (in fact, the petition’s creator, C R from Grand Forks, N.D., appears to be the same person behind the North Dakota one).

However, before you get yourself into a tizzy over whether the U.S. will soon be 20 states short of 50, Gawker points out that the petitions are most likely much ado about nothing.

As unilateral secession was ruled unconstitutional by the Supreme Court, it remains to be seen if this movement is more than a toothless temper tantrum thrown by armchair revolutionaries.

—Posted by Tracy Bloom.
    http://www.truthdig.com/eartothegrou...tory_20121112/

Surely an act of patriotism like this deserves a 20 emoticon salute...

vCash
    Of course.

**** you, Georgia. **** you long. **** you hard.
    Visit my Blog.

"Glad the GOP finally came out with an Obamacare alternative. Can't wait to see their alternative to the Iraq War." - @LOLGOP

vCash
    I think this question was settled with a long and bloody war. I realize these are only kooks but there are people out there that see this as the right path. It's a little sad.
    Member of the Owlluminati!

vCash

vCash
    Was going to make a thread but this will do. Scotland is going to vote in 2014 whether to succeed from England

Come to psd where admitted dupes who do nothing but troll the gd and fs forum are free. But man don't you dare mention trolling on someone's wall.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by behindmydesk View Post
    Was going to make a thread but this will do. Scotland is going to vote in 2014 whether to succeed from England
    I don't usually jump on the "bmd's grammar sucks" campaign, but this one is pretty funny.

I think your topic is still thread worthy for Int'l politics, which this forum is very light on. Be pretty interesting to see how that goes down. No idea what their population's stance is on pulling out of the UK and Britain.
    Last edited by GGGGG-Men; 11-12-2012 at 04:36 PM.

vCash
    florida voted for obama and is trying to secede

we continue to find new ways to outdo our stupidity on a national level
    JETSMETSKNICKSPENS
    GATOR BAIT!
    UCONN!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BroadwayJoe View Post
    florida voted for obama and is trying to secede

we continue to find new ways to outdo our stupidity on a national level
    It mentioned that NJ wanted to secede too lol.

If that ever happens, I am finally leaving NJ lol.

Its weird though. I view NJ as a blue state.
    DUDA

Quote Originally Posted by VendettaRed07 View Post
    noah is gonna be a beast man.

with him and harvey, its like were gonna have Goku and Vegetta in the same rotation

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by whitesoxfan83 View Post
    What you're talking about is the US Federal Deficit.

http://www.usdebtclock.org/

The National Debt, Total US Debt, and our 250 trillion $ liabilities in Social Security, Prescription Meds, Medicare, and our Military are still skyrocketing as we type.

At their current pace government spending will gobble up the economy by 2035...

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/guybens..._exist_in_2035
    The debt is also not the end of days problem its being sold as. We've gotten out of these situations before and we will again.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    The debt is also not the end of days problem its being sold as. We've gotten out of these situations before and we will again.
    Yea it kind of is... and i'd love to see in the past when we were in a debt crisis this bad and got out of it.

This country hasn't been fiscally solvent since the Eisenhower administration.
    Son, you just don't get it, i'm talking bout TWTW!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by whitesoxfan83 View Post
    Yea it kind of is... and i'd love to see in the past when we were in a debt crisis this bad and got out of it.

This country hasn't been fiscally solvent since the Eisenhower administration.
    Well yeah, WWII it was worse. This is a bad perfect **** storm of $1+ trillion in lost tax revenue from cuts, wars which cost way too much in every facet, recession/depression, etc. We're getting to that record figure, but interest on our debt is dropping, most of the debt is owed to the gov't itself, we own foreign debt....it's a problem, but not the "end of times" crisis its painted as.

vCash
    Vermont also had secession as an issue during W's term.

How unenlightened......

Oh wait, that only works if you lean left....

So to summarize, want to seceed from a republican administration? You are an enlightened and informed responsible citizen. Want to seceed from a democratic administration? You are essentially ********.

Okay, got it.

Oh, and "Enlightened States"? How far up one's own *** can one get one's head? Evidently pretty damned far. And by mean that I mean the author of that facebook post.

vCash
    No its pretty damn stupid on both sides really.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Patsfan56 View Post
    Vermont also had secession as an issue during W's term.

How unenlightened......

Oh wait, that only works if you lean left....

So to summarize, want to seceed from a republican administration? You are an enlightened and informed responsible citizen. Want to seceed from a democratic administration? You are essentially ********.

Okay, got it.

Oh, and "Enlightened States"? How far up one's own *** can one get one's head? Evidently pretty damned far. And by mean that I mean the author of that facebook post.
    I realize sarcasm does not always translate well in this forum. I read this as a reaction to the calls from the right for secession. Not a serious call at all. It was just humor, or, at least, that is how I took it.
    Here is the question of the day, does anyone think that wealthy people should pay a lower percentage of their income to taxes than middle class people? Don't argue tax brackets, just a simple question. Do you think someone earning 46 million dollars should pay a lower percentage of their income than say someone earning sixty thousand?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cabernetluver View Post
    With the Red States you will have to cope with 88% of all obese Americans and their projected health care costs, 92% of all US mosquitoes, nearly 100% of the tornadoes, 90% of the hurricanes, 99% of all Southern Baptists, virtually 100% of all televangelists, Rush Limbaugh, Bob Jones University, Clemson and the University of Georgia.
    Which makes it a net win for the Red States no matter what else is involved.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast