Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Harry Douglas: 1,000 yard receiver?

http://www.nfl.com/player/harrydouglas/222/profile

Did anyone else notice this? I just saw it and holy crap. He's not the solution but this speaks volumes for the lack of receiver depth, the skill of Matt Ryan and the potential that Douglas never hit that could have exploded. Could you imagine how good he would be if he would quit dropping passes and actually play consistent ball?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramon Nivar View Post
    http://www.nfl.com/player/harrydouglas/222/profile

Did anyone else notice this? I just saw it and holy crap. He's not the solution but this speaks volumes for the lack of receiver depth, the skill of Matt Ryan and the potential that Douglas never hit that could have exploded. Could you imagine how good he would be if he would quit dropping passes and actually play consistent ball?
    I actually did notice it. Harry Douglas was force fed the ball literally. I always knew as an outside receiver, Harry was not that bad. His problem is playing in the slot and inconsistent hands. He doesnt have big hands so drops are bound to happen. Harry is what he is. Hes a limited receiver, but he has the speed to break one so yards will come. He had games where Matt literally threw at him 15-17 times. He was beneficiary of limited receiver depth. I also do not think this says a good thing about Matt's skill level. I always felt he was not good at making receivers better. Maybe the receivers on this team was just THAT BAD, but i never really saw Matt make any receiver better. Roddy broke out before Matt got there. Julio is just Julio. You look at other QBs like Tom Brady, Ben Roethlisberger, Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers, and even Tony Romo, they make receivers look better the they are. They have all done it through out there career. I dont Matt has ever done that and im including Harry.