Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Better than advertised

11 33.33%
  • As advertised

3 9.09%
  • not as good as advertised

2 6.06%
  • could become one of the greatest Bronco LBs of all time.

15 45.45%
  • to soon to tell I prefer to play with barbies on sundays and not watch football

2 6.06%
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Von Miller

nykol is offline PSD's D.B.F. Nostradamus
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EvanTurner View Post
    Dooms isnt that bad hes just severly over paid and not a fulltime starter. He takes a paycut or get released which is why I said we must draft another de or 2 next year depending on jason hunter recovery.
    Hes not overpaid, he is a slow starter it seems, but I'd rather have him coming on late than fading deep into the season.. whats he at right now? 7 sacks and 5 FF? So hes on pace for something like 12-13 sacks and 8 FF.. hes pretty on par with his contract.. and as all of us found out this off season, you're the last person who should be making suggestions regarding the salary cap

vCash
    As long as Doom hits 10+ sacks..then I can live with the contract. Pass rushers make bank..and they will continue to make bank...god imagine when Von gets into the last year of his contract...what kind of money will he demand...

nykol is offline PSD's D.B.F. Nostradamus
    vCash
    He'll get optioned for the 5th year under the new rookie contract structure, at that time Mannings contract will be expiring if he decides to play all 4 years, and by that time with the money that will be thrown around he'll basically replace Mannings contract im thinking

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZurEnArrh View Post
    The way Von played on Sunday was unlike anything I've ever seen. Sure, he only got the one sack so probably won't be AFC Defensive Player of the Week but he was causing HAVOC for Cam. The guy is a beast and is easily one of the best players in the league already. Other players may end up with more sacks than him come seasons end but overall, he does more in the run game than more than anyone else. Towards the end of the game Sunday I was just hoping for the O to go 3 and out so I could see Von do his thing on D.

As for Doom, he's not elite but he's a pretty damn good pass rusher who will obviously benefit in a big way from Von doing his thing, freeing him up to get to the QB more.
    another uk bronco fan!?

vCash
    The way Von played on Sunday was unlike anything I've ever seen. Sure, he only got the one sack so probably won't be AFC Defensive Player of the Week but he was causing HAVOC for Cam. The guy is a beast and is easily one of the best players in the league already. Other players may end up with more sacks than him come seasons end but overall, he does more in the run game than more than anyone else. Towards the end of the game Sunday I was just hoping for the O to go 3 and out so I could see Von do his thing on D.

As for Doom, he's not elite but he's a pretty damn good pass rusher who will obviously benefit in a big way from Von doing his thing, freeing him up to get to the QB more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Cyanide 28 View Post
    another uk bronco fan!?

vCash
    speaking of our pass rush... it has crossed my mind a few times... but what if we switched around doom to play left defensive end and put ayers as our right. it has been said that ayers is more comfortable playing on the right side (the position he was in college) and he did play great there for doom this week. And doom, as far as i can tell, plays much better from the left defensive end postion. It seems that is where all his sacks and forced fumbles come is on the left side. This would leave von to be moved around on plays and blitzing from 100 different positions playing that beloved 'joker' position.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Cyanide 28 View Post
    another uk bronco fan!?
    Yyyyup!

vCash
    Yyyyup!
    Hope to see you stick around!

vCash
    Miller is a beast...better than advertised and the potiential to become one of the greats

vCash
    I'm at the forefront of a PSD UK Bronco fan invasion.

Where you from other UK Bronco fan? I'm not spelling your name.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by UKBronco58 View Post
    I'm at the forefront of a PSD UK Bronco fan invasion.

Where you from other UK Bronco fan? I'm not spelling your name.
    Wales. I've been a visitor to this forum for a while but never actually posted. Figured it was about time to start since I only ever talk to my brother about Broncos football.

vCash
    Wales. I've been a visitor to this forum for a while but never actually posted. Figured it was about time to start since I only ever talk to my brother about Broncos football.
    Ohh, from deep down in the valleys.
    I love Pembrokeshire (Tenby mainly) and I don't think I've seen somewhere so spectacular in person as the Elan valley.

Yea, same. That's why I love coming on here. My uncle follows the Broncos and I'm slowly getting my brothers into the sport but their not as knowledgeable as the guys on here.

vCash
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...an-for-broncos

Article on NFL.com about our very own superstar.

vCash
    Ohh, from deep down in the valleys.
    I love Pembrokeshire (Tenby mainly) and I don't think I've seen somewhere so spectacular in person as the Elan valley.

Yea, same. That's why I love coming on here. My uncle follows the Broncos and I'm slowly getting my brothers into the sport but their not as knowledgeable as the guys on here.

I wouldn't say 'deep down the valleys', just on the cusp is more appropriate. The deeper you go, the worse it gets. Ugh.

Talking to my brother about it used to suffice but he's gone off to be a doctor so I don't see him as much to talk about Broncos football. How dare he.

vCash
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...an-for-broncos

Article on NFL.com about our very own superstar.
    Nice article, kind of a selective stat on the bottom:

"Another number: Miller has 30 quarterback hurries. No other 4-3 outside linebacker has hit double digits in 2012, according to Pro Football Focus."

Amazing that we have league elites on all three sides of the ball (yes, I consider Prater that at this point, even with that weird wind shank last game). Demariyus is knocking on that same door and the ceiling is extremely high for a couple of our younger players as well.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast