Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    OK, starting now. Arrington goes from full time player to less then 10 snaps a game.

CB: Dennard/Talib/Cole

S: McCourty and Chung/Wilson splitting SS; Gregory goes from full time to les then 15 snaps a game.

One stud penetrating DT away from a top 10 D.
    Although not a stud, Pryor could have given us a big boost in this department for the rest of the year IMO. A shame he couldn't get back out there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteWesWelker View Post
    Although not a stud, Pryor could have given us a big boost in this department for the rest of the year IMO. A shame he couldn't get back out there.
    Yeah I like him, but he's an anchor more than a bludgeon.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by i am bob View Post
    Is anyone else as huge a Brandon Spikes fan as I am?

This boy LIGHTS PEOPLE UP with his hits, 4 forced fumbles and a dominating run defense presence in the middle of the field.

Sure he makes stupid mistakes off the field, and that hit against Fitzpatrick wasn't the smartest, I value his hard playing style, it brings an intimidating element to our team, the look on Fred Jacksons face when he needed help was hilarious
    x2

Hes got a great football mind.

vCash
    I noticed Bags mentioned Cole, and he hasn't been mentioned much. He has looked pretty good when he's been out there and I like him as our nickel back, but he needs to stay healthy.
    Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2011

vCash
    So does talib = no more Arrington or is he still going to have a part with this team?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mr.awesome View Post
    So does talib = no more Arrington or is he still going to have a part with this team?
    He'll be around as insurance but if he never played a down for us again, I wouldn't mind.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    He'll be around as insurance but if he never played a down for us again, I wouldn't mind.
    Not re-signed after the season. Definitely for the best, put Dennard in the slot.

vCash
    A pass rush would certainly help the secondary, they are worse than last year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rotties-1 View Post
    A pass rush would certainly help the secondary, they are worse than last year.
    I don't judge a pass rush on sacks but sacks, hurries and hits. They aren't bad, but they need a little more consistency. And they need another guy up the middle. The turnover creation thing is very nice for them however.

vCash
    I saw some things in the game today that I liked in the secondary. I like McCourty at FS better than CB. At CB, he seems to play kind of passive to me in coverage. At FS, he looks more aggressive coming up and making hits on receivers/going for the ball. I remember some teams (Jets, for example) considering drafting him as a FS, so I think that might be best for him.

Another reason I think he can play there is that I like what I see from Talib and Dennard. They play more aggressive than any CB tandem we've had in a while IMO. Both are willing to come up and press receivers, which lets us play more aggressive. I think they're capable of disrupting timing and we have 3 good blitzing linebackers - I WANT US TO BE MORE AGGRESSIVE ON D!!!!! McCourty isn't as physical when he plays CB, but as a FS that style suits him well IMO.

I also think Wilson is better served as a backup safety/"joker" type player in sub packages tan a full time every down starting S, at least at this point. I wouldn't be opposed to drafting a CB in the 1st next year (either to replace Talib or play across from him and push Dennard into the slot) and then sign a starting caliber SS in FA if there is one (Gregory to either 4th safety or cut).

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Haha View Post
    What I feel right now is like the satisfaction you feel when a highly judgmental, moralistic televangelist gets caught screwing a male hooker.
    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Trill Team

vCash
    Our D played one of it's best games of the season today IMO. Don't know how much that says, but we'll continue to improve.

vCash
    The first two drives the defense played about as poorly as it possibly could have. Couldn't stop the run or the pass. Seems like we suddenly ratcheted up the pressure and things changed right away. Whatever it was, we need that all the time. I was bugging out after those first two drives.

Great effort though. A lot of positives overall.
    [IMG]hi[/IMG]

vCash
    Any update on Chandler Jones?
    Jet's forum Banned 10/23/11

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jtchilln View Post
    Any update on Chandler Jones?
    Nope. It's kinda getting lost with the Gronk injury...but this is important too.
    [IMG]hi[/IMG]

vCash
    i'm hoping we get some light shed on Chandler Jones...last i saw was him on the side lines with his ankle heavily taped.

hopefully it was just tweaked..and he'll be good to go soon.

edited:
    Mike Reiss ‏@MikeReiss

Presumed X-rays on Chandler Jones likely came back negative, as Jones is back on the sideline, in unform

also, CJones95 wasn't on the sidelines during the second half...so who knows.
    Last edited by lolollort; 11-19-2012 at 12:03 AM.

PSD's Shane Vereen.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast