Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    I saw some things in the game today that I liked in the secondary. I like McCourty at FS better than CB. At CB, he seems to play kind of passive to me in coverage. At FS, he looks more aggressive coming up and making hits on receivers/going for the ball. I remember some teams (Jets, for example) considering drafting him as a FS, so I think that might be best for him.

Another reason I think he can play there is that I like what I see from Talib and Dennard. They play more aggressive than any CB tandem we've had in a while IMO. Both are willing to come up and press receivers, which lets us play more aggressive. I think they're capable of disrupting timing and we have 3 good blitzing linebackers - I WANT US TO BE MORE AGGRESSIVE ON D!!!!! McCourty isn't as physical when he plays CB, but as a FS that style suits him well IMO.

I also think Wilson is better served as a backup safety/"joker" type player in sub packages tan a full time every down starting S, at least at this point. I wouldn't be opposed to drafting a CB in the 1st next year (either to replace Talib or play across from him and push Dennard into the slot) and then sign a starting caliber SS in FA if there is one (Gregory to either 4th safety or cut).
    Yes, yes, yes and yes.

vCash
    i am hoping that dennard is feeling more n more comfortable at his position with each game.talib being there might help everyone get better,more focus would help.players get burned all the time but this secondary just looks out of it far too often.it's amazing how well the o-line adjusts but the secondary has been a nightmare for three years.

vCash
    I want to see if the aggressiveness we saw in the Pats on D yesterday is still there when we play a more veteran QB. I really don't think talent is an issue on our D. Sure we have holes, but I think the biggest problem is that we have a team full of aggressive players but we play a passive scheme. I think we need to turn some guys loose. It might lead to some mistakes, but we're already giving up big plays at an alarming rate. I think more of our players would be in their comfort zone that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Haha View Post
    What I feel right now is like the satisfaction you feel when a highly judgmental, moralistic televangelist gets caught screwing a male hooker.
    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Trill Team

vCash
    I have to ask..

I thought Dennard's last name was pronounced Da-Nard.

Is it supposed to be pronounced Den-Erd?

This has been driving me crazy for 2 weeks.

vCash
    In college I could have sworn it was Da-Nard (my dad is a Cornhuskers fan, so I kinda follow them). But it seems like every announcer calls him Den-erd, like you said.

However, I googled it. Per huskergameday.com, it's "DENN-erd"
    I no longer care about anything here except for the Entertainment Forum, which sucks; the Music forum, which sucks; and the Magic forum, which does NOT suck.

Love y'all!

Except for all of y'all.

#FreePablo
    #FreeManRam
    #FreePablo

vCash
    Wilfork was dominating the Colts offensive line, and that really allowed the defense to take big strides after the tough start. Hopefully Jones can come back soon though.
    Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2011

vCash
    well, I expect BB is finally starting to trust the defense a bit. He is giving them leeway that we haven't seen for a couple/few years. There is a lot of confusion creating movement around the LOS. A bit of blitzing. He hasn't given the players that luxury in a while, not since the Bruschi/Vrable/Harrisons of the world left. Not to say this bunch is those guys, but they have earned enough trust that the playbook is opening up a bit.
    Bill Parcells: "You are what your record says you are."

vCash
    ^ yeah

I saw some single safety looks

Some confusion as you mentioned

I saw some single safety looks bail out into cover 2...

All I can say is...I hope this D keeps improving
    Last edited by lolollort; 11-23-2012 at 03:13 PM.

PSD's Aaron Dropson.
    Honorary packers fan

vCash
    Brandon Spikes is one of the most underated players i've seen in quite some time! Love that guy. i've been thinking this for awhile but, the Patriots personel on D almost looks to be ready to go back to the 3-4.
    Cunningham Mayo Spikes Hightower

Jones Wilfork Missing piece

If Jones adds some weight we are 1 DT away from an amazing front 7 IMO
    Eat Lobster

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lobster View Post
    Brandon Spikes is one of the most underated players i've seen in quite some time! Love that guy. i've been thinking this for awhile but, the Patriots personel on D almost looks to be ready to go back to the 3-4.
    Cunningham Mayo Spikes Hightower

Jones Wilfork Missing piece

If Jones adds some weight we are 1 DT away from an amazing front 7 IMO
    Going back to a 3-4 would be dumb IMO. Hightower, Spikes and Mayo is a great LB core(one of the best in the league) and there would be no need to ruin that. And having Jones playing 3-4 DE would be stupid. Keep it as it is and draft a 4-3 DE(Jordan, Okafor) or draft a 4-3 DT.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by B'sCeltsPatsSox View Post
    Going back to a 3-4 would be dumb IMO. Hightower, Spikes and Mayo is a great LB core(one of the best in the league) and there would be no need to ruin that. And having Jones playing 3-4 DE would be stupid. Keep it as it is and draft a 4-3 DE(Jordan, Okafor) or draft a 4-3 DT.
    They could just put Chung as the other DT because he is not doing much in the back especially with McCourty and Gregory doing way better than him..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by makavellijrw View Post
    They could just put Chung as the other DT because he is not doing much in the back especially with McCourty and Gregory doing way better than him..
    What? That's ridiculous.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    I think the improvements we've seen the last few weeks are legit. The emergence of Dennard and McCourty playing well at S combined with Talib brings some stability to our secondary(something we've been aching for). Sure, we're getting turnovers(which I LOVE), but whats impressed me the most is that we're actually making defensive plays!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123