Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Drake Nevis and Jerraud Powers to the IR, Champan activated

Irsay just tweeted it.

Roster move...Activated J.Chapman,placed D.Nevis n J.Powers on IR
    Woaaaah.

#iubb

vCash
    Obviously it is a bit surprising to see Powers go down, but I don't think it's too big of a loss considering how bad he's played this year and how good Vaughn/Butler have played.
    So Anna, what do you think about the notion that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck?

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck

vCash
    Powers is a FA after the year. I don't see him coming back unfortunately. Simply cannot stay healthy.

#iubb

vCash
    Nevis has played well, but the duo of Moala and Redding has been when we look the best.

I'm really excited to see what Chapman has to offer....Don't know how much PT he will get against NE, but they are having a deceptively good year rushing with Ridley ranked 6th in the league and if he is ready to go would love to see him clog some holes.

I think Powers is all but officially done here due to a combination of injury history and poor play this year.

vCash
    Pretty surprising about Powers and Nevis, but super pumped to see Chapman activated.

And...here...we...go...

vCash
    Powers hasn't performed well this year but it is never good to loose depth esp. going against Brady. I thought Nevis was playing good so I think his loss will affect this team more. Stoked to see what chapman has to offer. I expect him to be our NT of the future so hopefully he can stuff some run plays!

vCash
    Just saw that the Steelers waived Alameda Ta'amu.. Aside from his DUI arrest any reason not to sign this guy??? He was a 3rd rd pick and has potential ahead of him. He fits the 3-4 scheme and if they pan out it would be a very formidable rotation with him and Chapman at nose!
    Last edited by ponderingpluto; 11-12-2012 at 05:25 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ponderingpluto View Post
    Just saw that the Steelers waived Alameda Ta'amu.. Aside from his DUI arrest any reason not to sign this guy??? He was a 3rd rd pick and has potential ahead of him. He fits the 3-4 scheme and if they pan out it would be a very formidable rotation with him and Chapman at nose!
    Wow didn't see that...if we could get Ta'amu (who was one of the guys I thought we would be targeting in the draft) to go along with Chapman we would be set at NT for a while.

I hadn't really followed him other than hearing about DUI. I didn't know that one DUI also inlcudes 16 or 18 total counts....this isn't just a guy driving drunk he reportedly ran into several cars and fought with police after running.

He'll be formally arraigned Dec. 31 on felony charges of aggravated assault by vehicle and fleeing and eluding police, as well as misdemeanor charges including resisting arrest, escape and DUI. By waiving the hearing, Ta'amu acknowledged there was enough evidence for him to stand trial, although he could seek to resolve them through a plea bargain.

Three charges of felony aggravated assault -- all for allegedly fighting with police -- were withdrawn, but 18 other felony, misdemeanor and summary citations are now headed to Allegheny County Common Pleas Court.
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/86...-recent-arrest

IMO we have leadership to steer him right, I'm just wondering with all the issues he is facing if Irsay and Girgson would agree that his talent outweighs his trouble.

vCash
    Didn't realize Powers was a FA after this year. He's definitely not returning..
    So Anna, what do you think about the notion that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck?

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck

vCash
    Yeah doubt Powers is back next year. Im good with this though because Iv liked Vaughn since we traded for him. Butler may be a diamond in the rough as well. I think we are as set at CB as we was back in 06.

Lucks on our side

vCash
    Chapman HAD to be activated this week, so not sure how much it means. He still may not play at all this year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVicster View Post
    Chapman HAD to be activated this week, so not sure how much it means. He still may not play at all this year.
    I believe he has been practicing for a few weeks now so he should be playing soon. If not this week.

And...here...we...go...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVicster View Post
    I saw some reports that said he would have been activated earlier if we didn't need the roster spots due to injuries. I get the feeling that if we had injuries at NT he probably would have dressed Thursday.

If they weren't planning on him playing I think they would have just let him effectively go to the IR which would have happened if he wasn't activated...it isn't like we would have lost his rights by not activating him. We have way too many injuries right now to activate a guy that may not play and eat up a roster spot. I hope he plays ASAP, though I do agree there is a chance he may not play right away....but I have no doubt we will see him in action soon.
    Last edited by matthollabak; 11-13-2012 at 09:15 PM.