Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Darius Morris?

vCash

Darius Morris?

I've been pleased. Still makes mistakes and is still too fast but his defense is good, been aggressive, and worked On his shot. I know it's early and he is still raw, but I felt the need to create a thread for him to get your opinions.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    I'm fine with what he brings to the court on both ends actually, for the first time I think he could be a solid backup PG for us.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Showtime Steve View Post
    I've been pleased. Still makes mistakes and is still too fast but his defense is good, been aggressive, and worked On his shot. I know it's early and he is still raw, but I felt the need to create a thread for him to get your opinions.
    Don't worry, you weren't the first one, and you won't be the last.

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=778313

vCash
    What I like about him is that he is taking care of the ball a lot better then most young players usually do. Steve Nash and Mike D'Antoni can really groom this guy into a solid point guard if the lakers play their cards right.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KB-Pau-DH2012 View Post
    Don't worry, you weren't the first one, and you won't be the last.

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=778313
    A thousand apologies.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    I've been more impressed with his quickness and defense. Once Blake and Nash return, Morris most likely won't play too often, but he has shown the ability to stay in front of quick guards so if Nash is getting torched during a game, Morris will probably come in an attempt to slow the opposing guard down.

He is no longer a liability.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Showtime Steve View Post
    A thousand apologies.
    No, I mean to say that because this is the 2nd thread of Morris in the Lakers forum, it proves that he's winning the hearts of Laker fans.

And hopefully, he keeps up his excellent play and we make more threads about him as the season goes on.

Very impressed with what the kid has been doing with the Nash and BLake injuries and the coaching changes and the whole drama etc.

vCash
    Can we go after glock if we don't pick up that last roster spot? He is tailor made for d'Antoni.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    Morris has completely won me over. His defense is incredible and I don't remember when the last time the lakers had a PG that could actually guard opposing PGs especially the quicker ones. His court vision is decent and his passing skills are pretty good. However, he can not score to save his life. He reminds me alot of Rajon Rondo minus the finishing at the hoop ability. I'm not saying he is Rondo, but Morris' playing style is similar to Rondo's. The more PT he is getting, you could see the more comfortable he is getting on the court. Hopefully he continues to improve.
    Last edited by Teeboy1487; 11-19-2012 at 07:20 PM.

GO LAKERS

vCash
    I was hard on Morris for his sloppy play but he's stepped it up and belongs on this team now. Our bench is starting to slowly coming together. If we could somehow get pietrus on our team, our bench would be set.

Morris
    Meeks
    Pietrus
    Jamison
    Hill

Looks like it could be a really decent bench and that's all we really need.
    Last edited by Eg714; 11-19-2012 at 07:24 PM.

vCash
    still raw but i think he would be a solid back pg.. goodbye blake..

PLAN B

SIM LEAGUE NETS

vCash
    I love this kid! This boy aint afraid of anything! Hope Kobe doesnt call him the next Smush Parker...

vCash
    I like this dude, he is still def raw and I wouldn't leave playmaking to him but he has the mentality of a pure point guard and that is rare in young pgs

vCash
    If he can constantly get at least 10ppg until nash returns then he'll b the number 2. He plays good defense, can pass, dribble, and has speed so if he can add a little scoring to his game he will beat out blake.

vCash
    The more playing time he gets, The better he will be. This can be nothing but a plus going forward and it is making Steve Blake that much more expendable. A young protege for Nash to work with, Maybe he turns into a solid point like Goran Dragic did behind Nash in Phoenix. I do like what I see so far. The wide open style is definitely to his advantage, He would not be progressing like this under Mike Brown.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast