Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: porter

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by odie333 View Post
    I have always been a supporter of the "best man plays" philosophy. If Porter gets healthy and the coaches determine he is the best man for the job, then I think he should get his job back. If, when Porter is healthy, the coaches have determined that Harris and Carter are better suited for the job, then they should play ahead of Porter. The one thing that I think for sure will come out of this is that Porter will not be retained beyond this season. Harris and Porter have proven capable and we still have young talent in Bolden to coach up. The money that will be required to keep Porter will likely go somewhere else.
    agreed. spot on. the money will go to clady hopefully

NFL: Denver Broncos
    MLB: St. Louis Cardinals
    NHL: St. Louis Blues
    NBA: Chicago Bulls
    NCAAF: Iowa Hawkeyes
    NCAAB: Iowa Hawkeyes
    EPL: Chelsea Football Club
    FIFA: Deutschland and USA

vCash
    We will have plenty money if doomerville takes a pay cut, dj williams makes too much he wont be back mking 9 million, hamp bailey will have to take a pay cut and if peyton wants to help us get better and resign our own guys hell take 14 million instead pf 20.

nykol is online now PSD's D.B.F. Nostradamus
    vCash
    Doom, Manning and Champ wont take pay cuts and nor do we need them to

vCash
    Thats dumb, so doom is worth 18 million a year? Lmao, champs worth 18 million? If they dont take pay cuts I guarantee there traded or released.

All of them need pay cuts if were building some (dynasty)

vCash
    Heck just ask Manning to play for free I'm sure it will work out lol..

vCash
    Champs not going to make 18 mil a year I think its going to be around 10 a year!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EvanTurner View Post
    Thats dumb, so doom is worth 18 million a year? Lmao, champs worth 18 million? If they dont take pay cuts I guarantee there traded or released.

All of them need pay cuts if were building some (dynasty)
    Man you need to start looking your s**t up. You would think after how many times you were proved wrong with this salary stuff before you'd learn.

Doom gets 14 in base salary next season, <500K in signing bonus, and theres 4.25 he can earn through incentives. So in actuality his salary is 14.5 next year and the extra is based on his performance. After that his base salary goes down annually by 2 mil per year

Champ is not making anywhere NEAR 18 million, this year his base is 8 mil with 1.5 in incentives, and next season his base is 9 with 1.5 in incentives.. I can do the math for you if you need.

Manning is worth all of the 20 hes getting next season, have you seen him play this year? Not only that, contracts, along with the salary cap, inflate every year, by year 3 Manning might not even be a top 5 paid QB anymore.

NOT ONLY that, but ALL THREE of the guys we're talking about have very friendly contracts in terms of doing bonus-to-salary; salary-to-bonus reworks to clear cap room in ANY given season.. Look it up

vCash
    dumervil is not worth 14 million

vCash
    Hahaha trading doom and champ if they don't take a paycut. Ain't gonna happen.

vCash
    Really? Cause thats #6 in base money among DE's.. the only two guys getting more, who are worth more than he is are Julius Peppers and Jared Allen.

Like BK said a few days ago, pass rushers have and always will get paid. If we dont pay Doom that, there are plenty of other teams that will. Hes at 7 sacks and 5 FF so far this year.. im not 100% certain but 7 is probably good enough for top 10-15 in the league and isnt 5 FF tied for, or best in the league

vCash
    Also I'll add that Doom has 1 more sack than Peppers and is tied with Allen at this point, more tackles than both, and 4 more FF than both. If we're gonna discuss value for your dollar I think i just put that to rest

vCash
    Btw first post on a tablet. Didn‘t butcher anything too bad. I don't know how this is so hard for you et.

vCash
    I know I post on my phone with the PSD app all the time, maybe he is still using the old razr phone or something where one button could be three letters??

vCash
    The 3 highest paid positions in the NFL are QB, pass rushers, and DBs. Is it a coincidence that our 3 highest paid players play those positions?

Dumervil is worth every bit what he is getting (see here). He is tied for 10th in the league in sacks (only 3.5 sacks behind the league leader). He is tied for 2nd in forced fumbles (only 2 behind the leader). The great part about his contract is that (as nykol pointed out) it reduces by $2 mil every year. So by default he has "paycuts" built into his contract.

Bailey is also worth every bit of the $10 mil we owe him over the final 2 years of his contract (see here). He has shut down every WR he has faced this year save AJ Green who has been shut down by no one. He is invaluable and will continue to be when/if he converts to FS.

Finally, anyone who thinks that Manning needs to take a pay cut is up in the night. He has proven to be every bit of what he was before surgeries and is arguably the best QB in the league right now. MVP caliber QBs are worth $20 mil period.
    "Nobody makes me bleed my own blood..... Nobody!"

vCash
    im surprised that a left tackle isnt paid more than a corner

NFL: Denver Broncos
    MLB: St. Louis Cardinals
    NHL: St. Louis Blues
    NBA: Chicago Bulls
    NCAAF: Iowa Hawkeyes
    NCAAB: Iowa Hawkeyes
    EPL: Chelsea Football Club
    FIFA: Deutschland and USA

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast