Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I could not even get a MiLB picture of that guy to make the list!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    I could not even get a MiLB picture of that guy to make the list!!
    The way this is going with these nobody acquisitions you will run out of room sometime in December.

vCash
    I think that is is as far as room in one line goes.

vCash
    I think that is is as far as room in one line goes.

I was looking forward to the nickname for 8 and 9..

vCash

Not getting Myers for Dickey or Niese

I know this is going to get closed but I feel like it needs to be said for everyone to see.

...or maybe this can be the official Mets/Royals trade rumors thread.

My thoughts;

THE ROYALS WILL NOT TRADE MYERS STRAIGHT UP FOR DICKEY OR NIESE!!

It's sad and pathetic how many people on here I've seen say that the Mets should try to get Wil Myers for Dickey or Niese STRAIGHT UP!

This won't even come close to getting a projected superstar hitter who's 21 years old and the 3rd overall ranked MLB prospect.

If you think we have a shot at Myers, we need to be talking about trading Wheeler or Harvey. That's what Myers is worth.

Enough of this Dickey for Myers straight up ********. IT'S NOT HAPPENING!

ok I'm done....

vCash
    Do your thoughts warrant it's own thread? I'm sure we are well aware of your opinion on the subject by now.

The Royals will not trade Myers for Dickey. Niese is a better option for them and would be their best pitcher, but they will likely trade Myers for a proven front-line pitcher, so that means no Harvey or Wheeler either.

We don't match-up too well for what the Royals are looking for. If they wanted a high-upside arm, I would have dealt Wheeler for Myers straight up even though quality young pitching is the most valuable commodity.

vCash
    In his defense it's not like it costs points to make a thread, anyone can make one. But we know it isn't going to get done.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry777 View Post
    In his defense it's not like it costs points to make a thread, anyone can make one. But we know it isn't going to get done.
    His opinion is above all of ours is basically what this thread is saying.

vCash
    Nationals non-tendered Gorzelanny. I would love to bring him in.

vCash
    Rangers non-tendered Soto, he is a guy I would target to go along with Thole.

vCash
    Rangers non-tendered Soto, he is a guy I would target to go along with Thole.
    Yeah only if we can get him cheap, the .591 OPS and 53 OPS+ in Texas is not that promising.

vCash

Three Top Lower Cost Targets

A speedy centerfielder/leadoff righty bat is priority one and Shane Victorino fits the affordability bill. He might wait until Bourne and Pagan set the middle market but i say get him now. A righty catcher with pop is another major hole and Geovanny Soto is a low risk option I would aggressively pursue. Those two signings could help lure the RF right handed corner outfielder we need to fill the #5 slot. Ryan Ludwick hit 26 homers in the CIN bandbox but he could be a solid addition. Re-sign Hairston to platoon with Duda. Imagine: Victorino, Murphy, Wright, Davis, Ludwick, Duda/Hairston, Soto/Thole and Tejada give us a balanced lineup with Turner and Niuewenhuis/Baxter rounding out the bench and all without touching the starting pitching. After Francisco and Parnell are Edgin, Mejia, Carson and Familia ready to step up? A veteran LOOGY is needed if Byrdak isn't 100%. Without blowing the budget the Mets could contend in 2013.
    Bob
    Met fan since 1969

vCash
    Can you please post this is the winter meetings thread

Presenting the 2013 New York Mets Outfield.

vCash
    No, all of his ideas and thoughts warrant their own thread, don't you know?

vCash
    Scratch Soto. He's signed. And it looks like Ludwick is returning to Cincy. The trouble is that you are not really talking about lower cost targets here, unless you mean lower than Upton, Bourn or Napoli. Victorino is looking for 3 years/$30 million. We should be able to afford that, especially if Sandy backloaded it. But so far they don't seem inclined to pursue anyone who costs that much. Hairston is still a possibility. We could probably get him for 2 years/$6-7 million, slightly backloaded. We don't seem to be pursuing him very aggressively, but that could be because Scott wants to gauge his value with other teams. I hope Sandy steps up when the time comes and gets him to ink a deal.

All we've heard mentioned so far is Miguel Olivo, who may not be as weak as Nickeas, but would not provide the right handed bat we need to complement, or hopefully replace, Thole. And they just mentioned that our people will meet with Cesar Izturis. We do need a utility infielder, but Izturis is an offensive downgrade from Cedeno, who did well for us last year, or from Ryan Theriot, who would be a good addition as well. Izturis, though, is strong defensively (could be a late inning replacement) and would be cheaper than any of the others mentioned.

Actually, I think (and fervently hope) that we will find our outfielders and catcher in the trade market this winter. I won't speculate on available outfielders, because we could get some quality young players in a trade for Dickey. But for catcher, both Saltalamacchia and Arencibia seem to be available, and either would be more than satisfactory.

For a few real lower cost targets, though, how about these non-tenders:

Derrick Robinson, a 25 yr old switch hitting center fielder who has middling minor league stats, but in 2008-2011 stole 62, 69, 50 & 55 bases. Ciould be used off the bench as a pinch runner and late inning defensive replacement.

Peter Moylan, who would probably accept an incentive laden contract, and if he is healthy could help bolster the bull pen.

Jair Jurjjens, who could also be signed to an incentive contract and who could make a major addition to the rotation if Dickey is taded.
    Former B'klyn Dodger fan. Mets Maniac since 1962.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast