Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NC_RaiderFan5 View Post
    The biggest part of this story is the fact that he went to Mark Davis about it and then the coaches.
    Totally agree. And it's good to know that they were willing to listen and communicate with him. Let's hope they can figure it out quick.
    Don't like me?

Go have a seat with the rest of the putas waiting for me to give a flying fk.

vCash
    IMO When Mcfadden does come back .. Maybe The Raiders should still give Reece Alot more time playing. Nothing wrong with using 2 good players so they don't get banged up so much.
    Darth Raider Meets The Legendary Al Davis !!!

To All My Oakland Raider Nation Brothers Remember .. Never Argue With An Idiot , First They Start The Fight. Then Bring You Down To Their Level And Beat You With Their Experience!

Oakland Raiders Fan For Life ~ GangsteRaider

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GangsteRaider View Post
    IMO When Mcfadden does come back .. Maybe The Raiders should still give Reece Alot more time playing. Nothing wrong with using 2 good players so they don't get banged up so much.
    Hubby and I were talking about this last night while watching MNF. Houston has so much depth that they can rotate players. They should have never gotten rid of Bush but I don't blame him for wanting to be a starter, not a 3rd an short guy.

The thing about McFadden is he was a track star, not a physical sports athlete. He runs straight and only goes to the holes that are made for him. He's not a power back but he does have the speed. Bush was the power but not much speed. Need that happy medium.
    Don't like me?

Go have a seat with the rest of the putas waiting for me to give a flying fk.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shred003 View Post
    My first reaction was less then positive - Mark Davis shouldn't be getting involved, IMO.

But, then again, if Davis told McFadden to go to the coaches, it's already an improvement. Players would go to Al, and Al would go to coaches... here we see the way things are supposed to work.

Davis tells McFadden to talk to his coaches. McFadden talks to his coaches. Assuming no involvement from Mark towards the coaches, this is how an organization is supposed to work.

We'll see if things work themselves out. Until we hear more about players going outside the chain of command - or that Mark is giving orders to coaches - we shouldn't assume it's the same 'ole same 'ole.
    AD just said in his press conference that Knapp and DMAC have been talking on a weekly basis for some time. He also said that they will stay a combo ZBS/PBS scheme...

"The greatness of the Raiders is in the future..." ~ Al Davis

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GangsteRaider View Post
    totally agree Recce needs to be on the field more period.

"The greatness of the Raiders is in the future..." ~ Al Davis

vCash
    Darren McFadden - RB - Raiders
    Darren McFadden (ankle) and Mike Goodson (ankle) both remain in walking boots.
    It throws cold water on the notion that McFadden is "expected back" for Week 11, but it certainly doesn't mean McFadden can't shed his boot between now and Wednesday's practice. It's just more likely he'll come down to a game-time decision than an assured return. Fantasy owners should be used to DMC's status being up in the air. For now, he shouldn't be expected to play Sunday until coach Dennis Allen guarantees he will do so

Ricky Stenhouse, Jr.
    Roush Fenway Racing #17 Ford Fusion

2013 NASCAR Sprint Cup Rookie of the Year Winner

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by themadstork View Post
    Yet Marcel Reece, a man without a position managed 48 yards on 13 carries....which was equal to, or even better than most of McFadden's season.

Nope, it could never be McFadden's fault. Nothing to see here. These are not the droids you're looking for...ignore the man behind the curtain.

Are we there yet?

-Stork
    he was so effective we lost 55-20.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stephkyle7 View Post
    he was so effective we lost 55-20.
    And your point is...?

-Stork

vCash
    3.7 yards a carry is only slightly above what Mcfadden was getting, add in the fcat that baltimores run defense is near the worst in the league and I dont see the relevance of pointing out what he was able to do.

Darren ran for 5.3 a carry LY and 5.1 in 2010.
    He is a effective back in the right scheme. His inability to adapt has to eliminate any talk of "superstardom" but if we let him go, he will lead the league in rushing for some team that :
    1) builds around him like we did in 2011
    or
    2)puts resources into a superior O-line.

vCash
    Dude...we're comparing Darren McFadden....Mr. Top 5 back, Mr. can take it to the house at any moment...the 4th pick in the draft....to Marcel Reece. A man without a position. That there is any comparison at all should alarm the hell out of anyone trying to support McFadden.

Lol, always ifs and buts, caveats and excuses with this guy.

-Stork

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by olddude View Post
    AD just said in his press conference that Knapp and DMAC have been talking on a weekly basis for some time. He also said that they will stay a combo ZBS/PBS scheme...
    AD is dead - I hope you mean DA.

And the run scheme SHOULD be a combination. Versatility is a huge component to success, IMO.

vCash
    3.7 yards a carry is only slightly above what Mcfadden was getting, add in the fcat that baltimores run defense is near the worst in the league and I dont see the relevance of pointing out what he was able to do.

He is a effective back in the right scheme. His inability to adapt has to eliminate any talk of "superstardom" but if we let him go, he will lead the league in rushing for some team that :
    or
    3.7 is pathetic regardless.

Frankly, I'd prefer to go with Reece, who will put his shoulder down and get an extra yard or two then McFadden, who tends to run into the pile or burst out for 10.

A running game should be a consistent approach to gaining yardage. The "hit or miss" approach is absolutely nonsense.

Give me consistent yards over feast or famine every day of the week.

vCash

McFadden expected back this week

That is true Shredd. Unless your team lacks talent, like ours, then the scheme doesn't mean much ,after all.

vCash

or
    Last year means nothing because.................Oh that's right he was injured yet again. And let's be honest any running back will be good with a Superior -O-Line!!

vCash
    Who is coming back this week?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast