Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    No...

We will see who wants RA but that's not a feasible deal, we won't give up two quality SP and Murphy for Arencibia, Marisnick, Sierra and Stilson.
    I believe he is talking about just Niese, not both. I think most agree that Niese would be worth more than Dickey because of his age and long range potential, despite R.A. being a Cy Young candidate.

But personally, I'm not giving up Niese that easily, and if Murphy is included I want much more back. I'd ask for D'Arnaud, Marisnick, Danny Barnes and Kevin Pillar. If they stood firm on D'Arnaud and would only include Arencibia, I'd want them to add Sean Nolin. Personally, I don't think much of either Sierra or Stilson. So, if they really want Niese, my deal would be:

Niese and Murphy (and maybe a good lower level prospect) for Arencibia, Marisnick, Nolin, Barnes & Pillar.
    Former B'klyn Dodger fan. Mets Maniac since 1962.

vCash
    We do not need anymore prospects we need major league talent now. I would not make this deal plus the Yankees would not deal with us and certainly would not give us their best prospects.

vCash
    I just don't believe Dickey can bring back what we think he can...the guy was great this year...but he literally just turned 38. Possible Cy Young or not...I think we are over valuing him here.
    Last edited by wdwyer; 11-13-2012 at 01:00 AM.

THANK YOU PROKY!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dunbummin View Post
    I believe he is talking about just Niese, not both. I think most agree that Niese would be worth more than Dickey because of his age and long range potential, despite R.A. being a Cy Young candidate.

But personally, I'm not giving up Niese that easily, and if Murphy is included I want much more back. I'd ask for D'Arnaud, Marisnick, Danny Barnes and Kevin Pillar. If they stood firm on D'Arnaud and would only include Arencibia, I'd want them to add Sean Nolin. Personally, I don't think much of either Sierra or Stilson. So, if they really want Niese, my deal would be:

Niese and Murphy (and maybe a good lower level prospect) for Arencibia, Marisnick, Nolin, Barnes & Pillar.
    Either way, Niese and Murphy is certainly worth more than Marisnick and Arencibia.
    Last edited by metswon69; 11-13-2012 at 12:47 AM.

vCash
    As a Yankees fan, I wouldn't hate the idea of having Dickey and as much as I like the guy, I wouldn't do it if I were the Yanks. Sanchez is considered by many to be our future behind home plate. Yes I know, you here that said a lot about players, and we will most likely see Romine getting some time behind the plate this year. but this guy is one that I'm extremely anxious to see when his time comes. Him along with Banuelos and Austin. Montgomery I like a lot as well, not as much as Sanchez, but enough. I also think Dickey would get shelled at YS.

Honestly, even though anything can happen with prospects, I think it would be a huge win for the Mets if that trade happened.
    FC Bayern Munchen

New York Yankees

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Either way, Niese and Murphy is certainly worth more than Marisnick and Arencibia.
    We can scratch the Jays off the list of potential trade partners. They no longer need another starter. Although they still have plenty of talent that we could use, I don't see any major needs that we could fill.

There are still plenty of other teams that need pitching and would be very interested in acquiring Dickey. (or Niese, for that matter) Kansas City is in desperate need of pitching, the Twins need a starter or two as does Cleveland. So, all is not lost.
    Former B'klyn Dodger fan. Mets Maniac since 1962.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12