Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 174
  1. #106
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,983
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by CubbyBlue2009 View Post
    If you would prefer for him to play on it and make him miss a good portion of the next season, then so be it. What YOU fail to comprehend is that he tried to play on it and pleaded with the coaches to play.

    I guess all those concussions you got playing high school football prevent you from understanding that Rose's injury and Cutler's injury were two entirely different ligaments and injuries.

    Oh, and **** what you think is my "basic level of thinking."

    Pleaded with the coaches?? Lol he took himself out the game. The coaches let him play until half time, re-evaluated the dude, and let him go In again. They didn't pull Jay, Jay pulled Jay. That's why he got dogged by the media and a slew of other players around the league.


    Question, when have you ever seen other players call out another player's injury legitimacy? That don't happen. When the other player's question Jay about his injury that in itself was almost unprecedented. Players don't do that publicly!!!
    Last edited by TheLegend; 11-16-2012 at 01:03 PM.

  2. 11-16-2012, 01:00 PM
    Reason
    let's relax with the insults please

  3. 11-16-2012, 01:02 PM
    Reason
    let's relax with the insults please

  4. 11-16-2012, 01:08 PM
    Reason
    let's relax with the insults please

  5. 11-16-2012, 01:11 PM
    Reason
    let's relax with the insults please

  6. #107
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    57,741
    vCash
    1700
    But Jay didn't take Jay out of the game

    Lovie and the medical staff did... Just goes to prove you didn't watch the game and are just looking for a rise

  7. #108
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    57,741
    vCash
    1700
    So do you want to explain to me how Jay isn't a reason for this teams success?

    Considering the team is 12-2 with him in his last 14 starts and 1-5 in games when he didn't start I just fail to agree with your absurd point about him

  8. #109
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,983
    vCash
    1500
    Damn goat, he played on his knee after the injury. So that alone means he could've played on it. Maybe he would've sucked the rest of the game, but its the mentality. That's what I'm looking at. The mentality that "I'm going to do what it takes to win." In that game, he didn't show that. Any other gm, I understand maybe sitting it out. But the NFC championship gm? There's a saying that says "you leave it on the field". If you have played organized ball, you know what I'm saying. Of course I don't expect the casual fan to see it from that perspective. But there is a reason why Jay got dogged around the league. Those players isn't picking on Jay for no reason man. But I hear you, and I understand ur opinion.

  9. #110
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    57,741
    vCash
    1700
    You don't leave it on the field and risk your career though

    And as a coach you also don't keep a guy in the game who is clearly injured and not helping your team

    Your knees are very important in a throwing motion, he couldn't handle his throws and he was sailing every single one of them... Why do you keep ignoring the facts?

    Phillip Rivers left it all on the field and he hasn't been the same since he tried playing on a torn acl... I guarantee he regrets that his coach and medical staff didn't intervene

  10. #111
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,983
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by jpro611 View Post
    But Jay didn't take Jay out of the game

    Lovie and the medical staff did... Just goes to prove you didn't watch the game and are just looking for a rise
    You're So typical man. I can tell you NEVER played. You believe everything the coach say in the Media? Do you think Lovie will say "Jay took himself out". That's setting Jay up to get crucified. Lovie's going to protect his players. Sometimes to a fault. But people around the league know who took Jay out. Lol. It's pretty obvious and If you played, you would know to. He's a franchise Qb. He has way more pull than you know. It's why Favre didn't come out when he had no business playing. It's why Jay can blast teammates and nothing happens to him. It's why he can turn his back on the OC and not listen when he wants to. If Jay says he's playing, he plays no question. He has that kind of juice.

  11. #112
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Northwest Arkansas
    Posts
    54,245
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLegend View Post
    Damn goat, he played on his knee after the injury.
    We don't really know when the injury occurred though.
    So that alone means he could've played on it.
    Ineffectively, sure. With a bum knee (and IIRC it was his plant leg), he's probably not any better than Hanie in that situation.
    Maybe he would've sucked the rest of the game, but its the mentality. That's what I'm looking at. The mentality that "I'm going to do what it takes to win." In that game, he didn't show that.
    Eh, Lovie clearly made it a point after that game to tell the media that it wasn't Jay's decision to make. You can go dig up the articles or video if you'd like, but Jay tried to play, but the coaches & medical staff just wouldn't let him. It wasn't his call. It's unfair for you or any other fan to continue belittling him for this, when it was out of his control.
    Of course I don't expect the casual fan to see it from that perspective.
    Your perspective sounds much more like the casual fans or someone that bought into the ESPN & NFLN storm of overreaction immediately after the game. A lot of fans & media made themselves look very foolish after that debacle.
    But there is a reason why Jay got dogged around the league. Those players isn't picking on Jay for no reason man.
    Some players are idiots...it's as simple as that. There's also a reason all of Jay's teammates and even Aaron Rodgers came to his defense.
    Last edited by DamnGoat; 11-16-2012 at 01:32 PM.

  12. #113
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Northwest Arkansas
    Posts
    54,245
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLegend View Post
    You're So typical man. I can tell you NEVER played. You believe everything the coach say in the Media? Do you think Lovie will say "Jay took himself out". That's setting Jay up to get crucified. Lovie's going to protect his players. Sometimes to a fault. But people around the league know who took Jay out. Lol. It's pretty obvious and If you played, you would know to. He's a franchise Qb. He has way more pull than you know. It's why Favre didn't come out when he had no business playing. It's why Jay can blast teammates and nothing happens to him. It's why he can turn his back on the OC and not listen when he wants to. If Jay says he's playing, he plays no question. He has that kind of juice.
    It wasn't just Lovie...the Bears medical staff wouldn't allow him to play either, it was widely reported the week or so after the game.

    Whether someone's played the game or not shouldn't matter at all here. Sure, coaches will protect their players and Lovie's notorious for it, but when I hear the medical staff saying the same things and then Doctors that have no affiliation with the Bears also saying the same things, then I tend to believe them.

    Anyway, I don't really see the point of all this. It was almost 2 years ago that all this happened and most realize by now that it was blown waaaay out of proportion by the media, meathead fans and players from other teams that were simply watching the game and had no idea what was really going on (MJD). It's time to move on from this "Cutler's a wimp or has no heart" line of thinking already. He's done plenty since then to prove otherwise.
    Last edited by DamnGoat; 11-16-2012 at 01:40 PM.

  13. #114
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,983
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by jpro611 View Post
    You don't leave it on the field and risk your career though

    And as a coach you also don't keep a guy in the game who is clearly injured and not helping your team

    Your knees are very important in a throwing motion, he couldn't handle his throws and he was sailing every single one of them... Why do you keep ignoring the facts?

    Phillip Rivers left it all on the field and he hasn't been the same since he tried playing on a torn acl... I guarantee he regrets that his coach and medical staff didn't intervene
    No! Champions risk it every time!!! All the time!!! Ask Kobe! Ask Mike when he played on that previous broken foot when the doctors said NO. Ask Isiah when he played on a broken leg in the Finals. Ask Favre how many times he risk it? Ask Kurt Warner. And you are correct, sometimes there's a price for that, but that's the price for a championship. Are you truely willing to risk it all for a chance at the title?? And in that NFC championship gm Jay Cutler said no. Therefore I question his desire and I question his heart. Maybe I'm wrong about Jay, but I've seen to many signs to know better.

  14. #115
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    69,628
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLegend View Post
    No! Champions risk it every time!!! All the time!!! Ask Kobe! Ask Mike when he played on that previous broken foot when the doctors said NO. Ask Isiah when he played on a broken leg in the Finals. Ask Favre how many times he risk it? Ask Kurt Warner. And you are correct, sometimes there's a price for that, but that's the price for a championship. Are you truely willing to risk it all for a chance at the title?? And in that NFC championship gm Jay Cutler said no. Therefore I question his desire and I question his heart. Maybe I'm wrong about Jay, but I've seen to many signs to know better.
    To which you're ignoring very valuable info. How many times has he gotten up against vicious hit? He went back into the hou game w a concussion? O and how many of those athletes take a shot of something so they can't feel the pain? Jay can't as its been said many times.

  15. #116
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Northwest Arkansas
    Posts
    54,245
    vCash
    1500
    It's also silly to compare injuries in any other sport to the NFL. Sure, it's a physical game in the NBA, but nothing like the violence that occurs in the NFL...not even close.

  16. #117
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    57,741
    vCash
    1700
    And Favre was so hopped up on painkillers and cortisone shots... Whereas jay can't even get a cortisone shot

    Trust me man, as a medical professional I know what the effects of type 1 diabetes are, I know what a grade 2 MCL sprain is and that a sprain means a tear its just a certain degree of a tear... A grade 2 tear is pretty hard to play on, especially if you're a qb an your throwing motion relies on you being able to plant your knee and make the throws... Any one who has allegedly played the game would know this too

    You continue to spout how your playing days make you know so much, but all I'm reading is that you really have no clue what injuries are like and how they affect a player, especially ones with type 1 diabetes

    For the record there isn't a other type 1 diabetic that plays in the entire league... The fact that he has managed to become an NFL player alone is remarkable

  17. #118
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,983
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    It wasn't just Lovie...the Bears medical staff wouldn't allow him to play either, it was widely reported the week or so after the game.

    Whether someone's played the game or not shouldn't matter at all here. Sure, coaches will protect their players and Lovie's notorious for it, but when I hear the medical staff saying the same things and then Doctors that have no affiliation with the Bears also saying the same things, then I tend to believe them.

    Anyway, I don't really see the point of all this. It was almost 2 years ago that all this happened and most realize by now that it was blown waaaay out of proportion by the media, meathead fans and players from other teams that were simply watching the game and had no idea what was really going on (MJD). It's time to move on from this "Cutler's a wimp or has no heart" line of thinking already. He's done plenty since then to prove otherwise.
    Why didn't the medical staff pulled him at half time??? Some of the best doctors in the world needed more proof?? Lmaaoo lol. You believe everything the coaches say in the media?? Lol of course he's going to say it wasn't Jays decision. He has to say that, he surely can't say "Jay took himself out", can he??? Favre was on one leg in the NFC championship gm, and he REQUIRED surgery after the gm, I wonder why the medical staff didn't take him out. I'm sure they knew he was *******. U know why??? Because Favre said he was playing and that was that. A franchise Qb has that kind of pull. (And Favre's injury was likely more serious, jay didn't require any surgery, just rest lol)

    Let me explain it for you in laments terms, even if the medical staff go to Lovie and said he should not play, I'm telling you, Cutler can even override that If he wants. Players do it all the time when they have the juice. Jordan did it. Favre did it, Big Ben did it. Kurt Warner did it.

    And you say Jay has done plenty since? Like what? Beat the elite teams? He beat GB? He still has no answer against GB. In fact, he gets embarrassed. So no, he hasn't done 'plenty'.
    Last edited by TheLegend; 11-16-2012 at 01:57 PM.

  18. #119
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    57,741
    vCash
    1700
    The doctors at half told him not to go out and play and that it was against their advice... You obviously missed this part of the game

    I do understand though, you have a lot of training sessions and tattoo parlor appointments

  19. #120
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    69,628
    vCash
    500
    Cutler can over ride it? O come the **** on

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •