Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1990 View Post
    They can be... but some tweeks are needed. The O Tice is calling sucks. If it werent for BM, this team is in major trouble. BM can take over games, but Cutler is going to him way to much. Gotta spread it around. Bennett and Hester need to be used more in the slot. Forte is not producing the way he should. The TE position is a joke. Kellen Davis has no business starting. People ripped on Greg Olsen for his blocking.. well Davis is no better and has horrible hands. Thank Lovie for signing off on the Olsen trade. Horrible! Plus this empty backfield and no FB stuff has got to stop. We run so much better with a lead blocker out front. Its a joke not to have a legit FB on the roster. Yeah they call Rodriguez a FB, but hes the best pass catching TE on the roster.. and they have him at FB??? So... the O has to be worked out here. Perhaps when Alshon comes back they will have more balance.. but this constant Cutler to BM will hurt us. Come playoff time, BM will be doubled and Cutler will have to find someone else to throw to.

It would also help if Cutler worked on his mechanics a bit. He throws off his back foot wayyy to much. Plus he is in this rut where he is holding onto the ball way to long. This D is great... A SB caliber D no doubt.. but as we saw last night.. a good opposing D puts us in a hole quick. The O needs to get going quicker. We cant count on 4th quarter heroics much longer. Good teams will put us away.
    I pretty much echo every sentiment here. I don't think we will win a single playoff game if its just the Cut & BM show. I don't care who we play, if our ancillary weapons don't get involved, whether due to them sucking or Jay's continued ignorance of their existence, I don't think we will put up much points.
    I'm starting to think the league is gonna shut Hester out again, and the D, although incredible, can't continue to be on the field for 35-40 mins because the offense is so damn inefficient. Its inevitable that they wear down and give up those crucial scores because they're exhausted.
    I hope its all just due to Alshon's absence that the offense has been off beat but I have a hard time believing a rookie - who had a decent impact but sort of overstated - could make that much of a difference. We still have two receivers in Hester and Bennett who have had 50 catch seasons so I think they can get open. Cutler just has to look for them.
    But one of Cutler's biggest faults is he doesn't really go through his progressions. He knows that Marshall can catch anything thrown to him so he's waiting for windows and that's led to coverage sacks, and of course turnovers.
    And I seriously agree with the empty backfield/no FB.
    Tice sucks.
    Alshon's Athletic Bloodlines Run Deep (AND CATCH EVERYTHING)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLegend View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by {Ron!n} View Post
    Wow dude. Those bolded points are exactly the same thing. You have a problem with him forcing passes. Rephrasing it in 5 different ways doesn't mean you've found more things wrong with Cutler.

And the part about Cutler having no heart is the same regurgitated crap that the media keeps spewing. Nobody knows what kind of "heart" Cutler has or what his drive is. But there is a reason why every player that has played with Cutler was willing to defend his work ethic and his determination.
    Just like there's a reason why he has struggled in big games since he been a bear. If you haven't noticed it then you're not watching the games.
    He's struggled against the Packers... He's led his team to a lot of big wins

He's 12-2 in his last 14 starts and the Bears are 1-5 in the games he's been injured, you're really underestimating him... Playing football in high school (like most of us probably did), doesn't make you know anymore then any of us

In fact a lot of us here have a medical background (ronin, kozy, GTF, myself) and know much more about MCL sprains and concussions then you do... Playing in high school doesn't make you an expert on the topic

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jpro611 View Post
    He's struggled against the Packers... He's led his team to a lot of big wins

He's 12-2 in his last 14 starts and the Bears are 1-5 in the games he's been injured, you're really underestimating him... Playing football in high school (like most of us probably did), doesn't make you know anymore then any of us

In fact a lot of us here have a medical background (ronin, kozy, GTF, myself) and know much more about MCL sprains and concussions then you do... Playing in high school doesn't make you an expert on the topic
    True, and 110% true. I will cosign every bit.

vCash
    He struggles against the Packers because of Matthews.

vCash
    I also like how he never responded to my post about my experience with a sprained/torn MCL.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CubbyBlue2009 View Post
    I also like how he never responded to my post about my experience with a sprained/torn MCL.
    Because as usual, you missed the point.

I don't doubt the injury. But He obviously played on it before he finally benched himself. So obviously he could play on it to some degree. Maybe not to his satisfaction, but he did play on it before he went to the bench. That's what you fail to recognize. My question is, given the magnitude of the game, why couldn't he man up and play through it? If he absolutely could not play on it, and I get that, then he wouldn't have played on it period. He got injured at some point, plays until halftime, gets re-evaluated, comes back out and plays again. If its a injury where he would literally been on one leg then he would've never got back in the game. LIke Rosť, when Rose went down, HE WAS DOWN. That's not what happened to Cutler. Remember, Cutler took himself out the game. If that's a competitor that has the heart of a champion, he plays on without question. Like Favre did and a few others.

There's an underlying point here, go beyond ur basic level of thinking.
    Last edited by TheLegend; 11-16-2012 at 12:49 PM.

vCash
    And how he ignored my post about how playing high school ball doesn't make you an expert

vCash

I don't doubt the injury. But He obviously played on it before he finally benched himself. So obviously he could play on it to some degree. Maybe not to his satisfaction, but he did play on it before he went to the bench. That's what you fail to recognize. My question is, given the magnitude of the game, why couldn't he man up and play through it? If he absolutely could not play on it, and I get that, then he wouldn't have played on it period. There's an underlying point here, go beyond ur basic level of thinking.
    He couldn't play on it because he was sailing his throws... He couldn't pass the ball, he was awful... Caleb Hanie gave us the best chance to win the game, sadly... Did you see the game? He was clearly disappointed he couldn't be in the game... It was less about the pain and more to do with how he couldn't make the throws... It was obvious

vCash

I don't doubt the injury. But He obviously played on it before he finally benched himself. So obviously he could play on it to some degree. Maybe not to his satisfaction, but he did play on it before he went to the bench. That's what you fail to recognize. My question is, given the magnitude of the game, why couldn't he man up and play through it? If he absolutely could not play on it, and I get that, then he wouldn't have played on it period. He got injured at some point, plays until halftime, gets re-evaluated, comes back out and plays again. If its a injury where he would literally been on one leg then he would've never got back in the game. LIke Rosť, when Rose went down, HE WAS DOWN. That's not what happened to Cutler.

There's an underlying point here, go beyond ur basic level of thinking.
    If you would prefer for him to play on it and make him miss a good portion of the next season, then so be it. What YOU fail to comprehend is that he tried to play on it and pleaded with the coaches to play.

I guess all those concussions you got playing high school football prevent you from understanding that Rose's injury and Cutler's injury were two entirely different ligaments and injuries.

Oh, and **** what you think is my "basic level of thinking."

vCash
    And how he ignored my post about how playing high school ball doesn't make you an expert
    U don't have a point.

I don't debate assumptions, which is what you do. I played beyond the high school level dude.

vCash
    He couldn't play on it because he was sailing his throws... He couldn't pass the ball, he was awful... Caleb Hanie gave us the best chance to win the game, sadly... Did you see the game? He was clearly disappointed he couldn't be in the game... It was less about the pain and more to do with how he couldn't make the throws... It was obvious
    So he was making passes and throwing well before the injury??? He sucked from the start guy!!

vCash
    U don't have a point.

I don't debate assumptions, which is what you do. I played beyond the high school level dude.
    Madden doesn't count as beyond the high school level.

And I'd really like to see proof that you even played. I hate players who think they know more than anyone else just because they played. I'd trust a doctor or a nurse with an injury/concussion over some football player. Especially when I myself played sports.

vCash
    I distinctly remember Lovie saying after that game that Jay still wanted to play, but it was no longer his call to make...so Lovie & the medical staff made it for him.

Questioning him because of that game alone is very unfair. Not everyone's body reacts to injuries the same, not every sprain or tear is the same and like Cubby said, he could do more long term damage to his knee if he plays on it.

If you wanna question how he played or how he's played as a Bear against the Packers, fine. But questioning his toughness & desire is comical at this point. He's been battered like no other QB in the league in the last 4 years...it's really amazing that he hasn't missed more games.

vCash
    So he was making passes and throwing well before the injury??? He sucked from the start guy!!
    Which is why we pulled him. We probably would've lost with him out there.

vCash
    U don't have a point.

Questioning someones toughness or desire, when all you're really doing is guessing...is an assumption.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast