Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by {Ron!n} View Post
    Thats a load of crock. There is no way any of us sitting at home can pretend to know what goes on in Cutlers head. That stigma that hes a quitter is just a stigma that has been perpetuated by the idiotic media. Its just like Romanowski claiming that Peyton falls behind in games on purpose to simulate his comeback.

There is no logical reason for anybody to believe that Cutler collapses under pressure. If that were true he wouldn't be enjoying his time in Chicago. And if that were true he would have requested a trade a long time ago before getting his brains bashed in.

These athletes work all their life for the sole purpose of making it to the big show and winning it all.
    There is absolutely no basis for anybody insinuating that Cutler "checked out" of the NFC Championship game or that he used the injury as a crutch.

I think we would have won, or we would have come extremely close to winning. As has been mentioned, the D completely shut down GB in the 2nd half and Caleb Hanie almost won it for us. Plus Cutler statistically is better in the 2nd half.

Not to mention, even if we didn't everybody agrees that Cutler has a problem with GB and at that time the O-Line was just as crappy and we didnt have a fella by the name of Brandon Marshall.

I don't see how that has anything to do with it though. Cutler is the Bears best QB ever. They won a SB in '85 with McMahon and Cutler can do at least what he did. And its not like there are or were any better options out there other than Cutler.

I really don't get why people forget how unbelievably amazing Cutler was last year before his thumb injury. The talent is clearly there.
    Not all athletes have that mentality. Not all athletes have the heart to do so. Some are talented, but they don't have the heart, or the drive. There's plenty of athletes like that. I see them every day. And not all play for a championship. Some play for money, some play for their next big pay day. And a lot play for minutes/or to start. That's reality dude. I know the typical fan think that these athletes play for the sole reason of a championship but it's not the case in a lot of situations.

To think we would've beaten GB in the NFC championship is just the fan in you talking. But the proof was in the pudding. Cutler was playing like the way he usually play against GB, which is pretty poor. He played poorly against GB from the moment he has gotten here and it still continues.

Here are some notes I won't you to pay attention as to why I think Cutler will ultimately fail and it's just a matter of time before the casual fan realizes it.

* big arm, but bad mechanics. Throws off the back foot is ok at times but he does it way to much.
    * forces to many passes.
    * He will throw into double coverage.
    * clearly gets frustrated when things don't pan out and he let it show in his play.
    * decision making. It's not the fact that he throws a lot of int's, but it's the type of int's. Every great QB will throw an INT, that's a fact. But the int's that Cutler will throw is almost mind boggling. Some Int's you simply can't avoid, like a tip pass or defender making a ridiculous play. Cutler will throw an INT to a defender that he had no business throwing that ball.

Charles Woodson was on the money with his comment. We win IMO because of the championship caliber defense. Not because of Cutler. You can put in atleast 12 QB's(probably more) in his place and we will still have the same record.
    Last edited by TheLegend; 11-15-2012 at 05:31 PM.

vCash
    I'd really be interested to hear you name these 12+ QBs you could stick in for Cutler... considering how hard it is to find a competent starter in this league.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TyrionLannister View Post
    I'd really be interested to hear you name these 12+ QBs you could stick in for Cutler... considering how hard it is to find a competent starter in this league.
    LOL, that's actually pretty easy. Cutler isn't elite IMO, at least not right now.

I'll feel very comfortable with any of these guys playing ahead of Cutler.

1. P. Manning (obvious)
    2. T. Brady (obvious)
    3. D. Brees (obvious)
    4. E. Manning (obvious)
    5. A. Rodgers (obvious)
    6. Matthew Stafford
    7. Matt Ryan
    8. Phillip Rivers
    9. Big Ben(obvious)
    10. RGlll
    11. A. Luck
    12. J. Flacco
    13. Schaub
    14. T. Romo (not a Romo fan but I don't view Cutler as better)

That's more than 12. I'll feel absolutely fine with any of these guys in place of Cutler. And I think with most of them we will most likely have a even better record.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLegend View Post
    LOL, that's actually pretty easy. Cutler isn't elite IMO, at least not right now.

1. P. Manning (obvious)
    2. T. Brady (obvious)
    3. D. Brees (obvious)
    4. E. Manning (obvious)
    5. A. Rodgers (obvious)
    6. Matthew Stafford
    7. Matt Ryan
    8. Phillip Rivers
    9. Big Ben(obvious)
    10. RGlll
    11. A. Luck
    12. J. Flacco
    13. Schaub

That's more than 12. I'll feel absolutely fine with any of these guys in place of Cutler. And I think with most of them we will most likely have a even better record.

vCash

1. P. Manning (obvious)
    2. T. Brady (obvious)
    3. D. Brees (obvious)
    4. E. Manning (obvious)
    5. A. Rodgers (obvious)
    6. Matthew Stafford
    7. Matt Ryan
    8. Phillip Rivers
    9. Big Ben(obvious)
    10. RGlll
    11. A. Luck
    12. J. Flacco
    13. Schaub

vCash

1. P. Manning (obvious)
    2. T. Brady (obvious)
    3. D. Brees (obvious)
    4. E. Manning (obvious)
    5. A. Rodgers (obvious)

6. Matthew Stafford
    7. Matt Ryan
    8. Phillip Rivers
    9. Big Ben(obvious)
    10. RGlll
    11. A. Luck
    12. J. Flacco
    13. Schaub

Out of that list, I would only take the ones you deemed obvious. Let's also note that before Eli won a SB his numbers were very identical to Cutler's career numbers, so I wouldn't say Eli is an obvious choice. Having two SB rings makes him more ideal though.

vCash
    Not all athletes have that mentality. Not all athletes have the heart to do so. Some are talented, but they don't have the heart, or the drive. There's plenty of athletes like that. I see them every day. And not all play for a championship. Some play for money, some play for their next big pay day. And a lot play for minutes/or to start. That's reality dude. I know the typical fan think that these athletes play for the sole reason of a championship but it's not the case in a lot of situations.

To think we would've beaten GB in the NFC championship is just the fan in you talking. But the proof was in the pudding. Cutler was playing like the way he usually play against GB, which is pretty poor. He played poorly against GB from the moment he has gotten here and it still continues.

Here are some notes I won't you to pay attention as to why I think Cutler will ultimately fail and it's just a matter of time before the casual fan realizes it.

* big arm, but bad mechanics. Throws off the back foot is ok at times but he does it way to much.
    * forces to many passes.
    * He will throw into double coverage.
    * clearly gets frustrated when things don't pan out and he let it show in his play.
    * decision making. It's not the fact that he throws a lot of int's, but it's the type of int's. Every great QB will throw an INT, that's a fact. But the int's that Cutler will throw is almost mind boggling. Some Int's you simply can't avoid, like a tip pass or defender making a ridiculous play. Cutler will throw an INT to a defender that he had no business throwing that ball.

Charles Woodson was on the money with his comment. We win IMO because of the championship caliber defense. Not because of Cutler. You can put in atleast 12 QB's(probably more) in his place and we will still have the same record.
    Wow dude. Those bolded points are exactly the same thing. You have a problem with him forcing passes. Rephrasing it in 5 different ways doesn't mean you've found more things wrong with Cutler.

And the part about Cutler having no heart is the same regurgitated crap that the media keeps spewing. Nobody knows what kind of "heart" Cutler has or what his drive is. But there is a reason why every player that has played with Cutler was willing to defend his work ethic and his determination.

Chicago Bears #23
    Kyle "Cheetah" Fuller

vCash
    It never gets old reading that guys ridiculously stupid posts.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rndy View Post
    It never gets old reading that guys ridiculously stupid posts.
    Can't beat CSJ's TD formula for evaluating RBs.

vCash
    I ****ing hate how ****** Cutler is against the Packers. I mean, he doesn't just struggle... they make him look like a college QB. He looks absolutely clueless against them, it drives me nuts.
    Alshon's Athletic Bloodlines Run Deep (AND CATCH EVERYTHING)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezio View Post
    Can't beat CSJ's TD formula for evaluating RBs.
    I'm still mad he got me my last infraction. Guess I won though since I got him banned.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1990 View Post
    They can be... but some tweeks are needed. The O Tice is calling sucks. If it werent for BM, this team is in major trouble. BM can take over games, but Cutler is going to him way to much. Gotta spread it around. Bennett and Hester need to be used more in the slot. Forte is not producing the way he should. The TE position is a joke. Kellen Davis has no business starting. People ripped on Greg Olsen for his blocking.. well Davis is no better and has horrible hands. Thank Lovie for signing off on the Olsen trade. Horrible! Plus this empty backfield and no FB stuff has got to stop. We run so much better with a lead blocker out front. Its a joke not to have a legit FB on the roster. Yeah they call Rodriguez a FB, but hes the best pass catching TE on the roster.. and they have him at FB??? So... the O has to be worked out here. Perhaps when Alshon comes back they will have more balance.. but this constant Cutler to BM will hurt us. Come playoff time, BM will be doubled and Cutler will have to find someone else to throw to.

It would also help if Cutler worked on his mechanics a bit. He throws off his back foot wayyy to much. Plus he is in this rut where he is holding onto the ball way to long. This D is great... A SB caliber D no doubt.. but as we saw last night.. a good opposing D puts us in a hole quick. The O needs to get going quicker. We cant count on 4th quarter heroics much longer. Good teams will put us away.
    Lovie like a lot of us thought garbage K. Davis (on paper he should be a beast) would be able to step in. To be fair a lot of us bought into the Martz experiment at the beginning of last season and we are indubitably still feeling ripple effects from some of the personnel decisions that were made (including Olsen). I think you feed the monster the rock (BMARSH), but I agree with you that you can't become dependent on that dynamic to win ball games (especially against elite/above average defensive backs). I am disappointed in the lack of production/opportunity of Earl Bennett thus far (and yes I realize he was injured smartazzes); I felt like him and Cutler had already started building a pretty solid connection last season and I don't see that same chemistry between them. Personally, I can't wait for AJ to come back. They need to find a way to utilize Bush to his full potential, mix things up a bit, and the offense keeps the defense on the field too damn long (obviously talking about when they play teams better than JAX or Ten). I could keep going on and on, but let me end this with yes the Bears are a SB contender, but do I think they have a lot of flaws that could theoretically destroy us in the playoffs? Absolutely.

vCash
    The "Martz Experiment" turned us into a really efficient offense...which is ****ing shocking considering it was an offense that has a lot of built in inefficiencies.

Martz wasn't the problem. He called things that pissed you the **** off considering how bad our line was, but hiring a first year OC wasn't going to fix that. I get that Tice is the guy, but I'm thus far not impressed with his contributions to the team.
    How I Feel reading Cliff Stein's Contracts:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by debo View Post
    The "Martz Experiment" turned us into a really efficient offense...which is ****ing shocking considering it was an offense that has a lot of built in inefficiencies.

Martz wasn't the problem. He called things that pissed you the **** off considering how bad our line was, but hiring a first year OC wasn't going to fix that. I get that Tice is the guy, but I'm thus far not impressed with his contributions to the team.
    Fair enough. Yeah, not really a dig against Martz himself, but the fact that putting his scheme in action with an offensive line that was absolutely atrocious and risking Jay Cutler the way his system did (again like we both said because of our suspect O-Line) was an "Experiment" of sorts. Yeah, wasn't a fan and today still am not a fan of Tice as OC.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by {Ron!n} View Post
    Wow dude. Those bolded points are exactly the same thing. You have a problem with him forcing passes. Rephrasing it in 5 different ways doesn't mean you've found more things wrong with Cutler.

And the part about Cutler having no heart is the same regurgitated crap that the media keeps spewing. Nobody knows what kind of "heart" Cutler has or what his drive is. But there is a reason why every player that has played with Cutler was willing to defend his work ethic and his determination.
    Just like there's a reason why he has struggled in big games since he been a bear. If you haven't noticed it then you're not watching the games.

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast