Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HesterJordan23 View Post
    i agree our defense played great and the offense just needs to click, i think it is better that we havnt found our stride just yet because i would much rather have us find it when the playoffs are around the corner. I think with alshon back and a cutty comeback pt2 this bears squad will look pretty going into the playoffs. I wasn't the saddest guy last night because i got some sexy time with my gf very quickly after the game ended
    This!!! Lately the team that has won the SB has been the team getting hottttt from game 11-12 and on. Once this OFF can start clicking, we will be one of the best out there. Not worried about this team at all. They still have there best football to play! One thing is for sure though, Tice needs to step up his play calling.
    Haters gonna Hate

vCash
    What makes you think the offense will click? We are going into week 10 guys and virtually nothing has gotten better since the IND game as far as the offense goes.

If this team wins the SB, it will be the defense completely carrying the team.

I hate Mike Tice.
    Alshon's Athletic Bloodlines Run Deep (AND CATCH EVERYTHING)

vCash
    If I remember correctly, this team the past 3 years has went thru brutal stretches

2010: losses back to back at home vs Redskins/Seattle
    2011: losses to gb No and Det

Things will be fixed

You can cover a turd in sugar but in the end you'll still have a turd... Or you'll have a typical Marc Trestman press conference describing his pathetic team.

vCash
    At this point, I won't believe the offense will get it going until I see it. It could be they haven't found themselves and are working out kinks before they hit their peak, or they're just not that good. We have talented guys like Forte, Marshall, and Cutler, but the rest of the guys need to step up, especially Kellen Davis, if we want to make a deep playoff run and win the SB.

Dumb and dumber

vCash
    [QUOTE=DamnGoat;24295157]A lot of good points Strife and I agree with you. "

Ditto

"Eliminate the turnovers and we probably win the game."

Eliminate 1 or 2 dropped passes by good recievers (not just a tight end whose name I will not utter) and we win the game.

Eliminate some horrible officiating and we win the game.

Improve the play calling and we win the game (if Tice had called the same general plan for Cutler as he did for Campbell, we win the game and Cutler is not punch drunk).]

This was an incredibly frustrating game but you have to see that the potential remains there to be developed. I am not ever glad to see Jay getting his bell rung but I actually see a silver lining to having Campbell getting some real game reps. If Cutty comes back with no more than a couple of games lost, Alshon comes back sharp, Rodriguez gets some serious time at TE, Tice gets his head on straight, and the line plays as well as it did Sunday night, this team is way more than a contender.

vCash
    The offense falls on the QB. Cutler hasn't performed. It's that's simple. We have won games on the strength of our Defense. The defense has scored a ton of points and gave us a lot of momentum to win games. Cutler has not taken over any games like you will see from Eli Manning, Aaron Rogers, or Tom Brady has done. You need that QB play if you're serious about winning a championship and Cutler hasn't proven anything to make me believe he's capable. He sucked before he got knocked out the Texans game IMO. We had only 3 points the entire half even with great field position all half. For a team that's considered elite, just look at the QB statistics and Cutler's numbers isn't that good. A lot of Cutler's positive stats have come after the defense has took over the game. Yes, we have had problems on the offensive line but Rogers offensive line isn't that great. Roger's just know how to adjust for their short comings. Cutler doesn't. Cutler still forces to many passes and throws the ball into double coverage. You can't win with those consistent mistakes in the playoffs.
    Last edited by TheLegend; 11-14-2012 at 01:06 AM.

vCash
    Oh yeah! Totally! Stats completely tell the whole story!

BTW, nice tattoo, bro. The lack of complexity and heavy lines are awesome. It's like I have the early 00s ******** all over my screen.

NFC North: Leading the League in Stupid.

vCash
    We should fire Tice get a new system and then ***** because they aren't playing as well as teams that have had the same system for 3+ years.

Tice needs to work on his play calling no doubt. But new offenses take time. Some people just don't understand football.
    Last edited by Rndy; 11-14-2012 at 01:22 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLegend View Post
    The offense falls on the QB. Cutler hasn't performed. It's that's simple. We have won games on the strength of our Defense. The defense has scored a ton of points and gave us a lot of momentum to win games. Cutler has not taken over any games like you will see from Eli Manning, Aaron Rogers, or Tom Brady has done. You need that QB play if you're serious about winning a championship and Cutler hasn't proven anything to make me believe he's capable. He sucked before he got knocked out the Texans game IMO. We had only 3 points the entire half even with great field position all half. For a team that's considered elite, just look at the QB statistics and Cutler's numbers isn't that good. A lot of Cutler's positive stats have come after the defense has took over the game. Yes, we have had problems on the offensive line but Rogers offensive line isn't that great. Roger's just know how to adjust for their short comings. Cutler doesn't. Cutler still forces to many passes and throws the ball into double coverage. You can't win with those consistent mistakes in the playoffs.
    Haven't seen you for a while.

10. 11-14-2012, 01:31 AM

vCash
    Here's what I don't get. So far this year we have needed Cutler a total of 3 times to win the game. Once against GB, once against Carolina and once against Houston.

Green Bay: He screwed up theres no denying that. However, Brandon Marshall dropped a touchdown in the end zone, the offensive line turned in their worst performance of the year (including the unsportsmanlike conduct penalty by Carimi that killed a drive) and Matt Forte was injured for the majority of the 2nd half

Carolina: As much as people want to say we don't win without the Jennings pick 6, Jay lead 2 beautiful drives down the field. 1 to get within 1 score before the Jennings pick and the Carolina TD and one in crunch time to win it by Robbie Gould.

Houston: It was an ugly game. Cutler messed up on that one throw to Marshall into coverage, and the other interception was bad but also Davis got bumped off his route. Also, he would have gotten us into 1st and goal had the refs not botched the LOS call. AND he didn't play the 2nd half, where he statistically has been miles better. After thinking about that game for a couple days, there is no reason we shouldn't have won had Cutler been there in the 2nd half. Kudos to Houston for pulling it out, but I have no doubt that Cutler could have engineered at least 1 TD in the 2nd half.

So basically, we have Cutler is 1-1-1 in crunch time. Not the best odds, but given how close that could have been 3-0 or 2-1, I don't see why we have reason to complain. Especially with how the offense has shown us glimpses of their potential in the Colts, Titans, Cowboys, Jaguars and end of Panthers games. Obviously there is still room for improvement, especially with how slow the team starts, but like Strife said, the Bears have all the makings of a Super Bowl contender.
    Last edited by Ron!n; 11-14-2012 at 04:38 AM.

Chicago Bears #23
    Kyle "Cheetah" Fuller

vCash
    The Pass protection was good, but I think the field conditions had something to to do with that. It's hard to get a gauge which team was actually better from that game, although I still think our Bears would have destroyed them in the second half if we still had Cutty. We are DEFINITELY in the race. I had a feeling that Webb and Carimi would do well, They do better against guys that are all muscle (guys like JJ Watt), cuz they don't have to move their feet as much. It's the fast guys like Mathews they have trouble with.

vCash
    A Legend sighting......... Nice

vCash
    I agree with this. I'm a cutler fan, I think he's one of the best we have had. But, this year is on him. The weapons are there. He's got to play better and I think some of the shortcoming of this offense is due to his play this year. There are QBs that would be doing fine with this offense regardless of the O line. Jay has to figure it out.

I'm hopeful he will, and like others have said maybe the offense gets hot late in the year which would be great.

vCash
    I just don't think an offense can be a champion with 3 players carrying 90% of the workload.
    Alshon's Athletic Bloodlines Run Deep (AND CATCH EVERYTHING)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by {Ron!n} View Post
    Here's what I don't get. So far this year we have needed Cutler a total of 3 times to win the game. Once against GB, once against Carolina and once against Houston.

Green Bay: He screwed up theres no denying that. However, Brandon Marshall dropped a touchdown in the end zone, the offensive line turned in their worst performance of the year (including the unsportsmanlike conduct penalty by Carimi that killed a drive) and Matt Forte was injured for the majority of the 2nd half

Carolina: As much as people want to say we don't win without the Jennings pick 6, Jay lead 2 beautiful drives down the field. 1 to get within 1 score before the Jennings pick and the Carolina TD and one in crunch time to win it by Robbie Gould.

Houston: It was an ugly game. Cutler messed up on that one throw to Marshall into coverage, and the other interception was bad but also Davis got bumped off his route. Also, he would have gotten us into 1st and goal had the refs not botched the LOS call. AND he didn't play the 2nd half, where he statistically has been miles better. After thinking about that game for a couple days, there is no reason we shouldn't have won had Cutler been there in the 2nd half. Kudos to Houston for pulling it out, but I have no doubt that Cutler could have engineered at least 1 TD in the 2nd half.

So basically, we have Cutler is 1-1-1 in crunch time. Not the best odds, but given how close that could have been 3-0 or 2-1, I don't see why we have reason to complain. Especially with how the offense has shown us glimpses of their potential in the Colts, Titans, Cowboys, Jaguars and end of Panthers games. Obviously there is still room for improvement, especially with how slow the team starts, but like Strife said, the Bears have all the makings of a Super Bowl contender.
    Game, set, and match.

Cutler's not perfect, we all know that he has his shortcomings. And he hasn't had to do much this year with our defense dominating the way it is. But seriously, some people are acting like he's Brian Griese.

Population: Bears

17. 11-14-2012, 07:33 PM

18. 11-14-2012, 07:35 PM

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast