Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    vCash
    The golden state warriors are better than the Jazz, a whole game better......through 14 games. Give me a break, I can't believe this is even a discussion yet. Lets see where we are at the quarter, or the half, or after we at least play eachother. Golden state isn't even playing with Bogut yet and they should be significantly better with a fully healthy roster. The jazz certainly haven't been as good as we had hoped or as good as they probably will be this year. It's not like we're even close to comparing finished products at this point.

vCash
    Hey listen I really like what golden state has done. no question Dumping Montae drafting Harrison Barnes ( I hate them for that ). I have always said curry is a player even when they drafted him. IF bogut can stay healthy he is one of my favorite centers in the game. David lee is a millsap type talent.

did anyone see Harrison Barnes dunk on Pekovic http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjECOakCpt8
    Hi There

JAZZ / UTES / LIONS / REDWINGS / TIGERS / ALL-BLACKS

vCash
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=c2x6erx

this trade is done only becuase we also aquire a unprotected first for this
    year (Projected #3)

A promising player in robison and the #3 pick are worth taking-on garcia for one extra year ( he can be the water boy )

This pick is Shabazz or McAdoo hopefully shabaz

better than letting paul walk for nothing
    Hi There

JAZZ / UTES / LIONS / REDWINGS / TIGERS / ALL-BLACKS

vCash
    Do you think they'd give up on T Rob already?? I think I'd do this deal but not yet, maybe near the deadline after we see things play out a little longer.

vCash
    Is it just me or is Millsap getting absolutely torched by opposing PFs??

Phoenix- Scola had a great game.
    Denver- Faried killed him the whole game. He abused all our bigs but mostly matched up with Millsap.
    Boston- Jeff Green won that game for boston in the clutch guarded by Milly
    Toronto- Bargnani couldn't miss until favors guarded him
    Philly- Thadeus Young had a good game
    Houston- Patrick Patterson had a great first half, wide open shots
    Sactown- Jason Thompson was constantly wide open

Millsap has had some good games against these guys too but it seems to me like starting power forwards are going off in every game.

vCash
    Not to use it as an excuse for Milly, but I've noticed that the Jazz run quite a bit of zone, and many times Milly is switched with some other man while another Jazzman closes out slower than we should. We still need to work on our defensive rotations.
    FWITHMEYOUKNOWIGOTIT

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by draino View Post
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=c2x6erx

this trade is done only becuase we also aquire a unprotected first for this
    year (Projected #3)

A promising player in robison and the #3 pick are worth taking-on garcia for one extra year ( he can be the water boy )

This pick is Shabazz or McAdoo hopefully shabaz

better than letting paul walk for nothing
    that would be a haul for an expiring player. I mean getting trob alone would be a good deal

this is about all I could find if the lakers really want to move gasol
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=cwnyfkm

or this
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=7tdgdqm

but I think that fit wise millsap is way better
    Last edited by dhopisthename; 11-27-2012 at 01:45 AM.

vCash
    do you know what is interesting is just how good pf's there are in the league I have such a hard time trying to even find a trade for millsap that would make sense for both teams.

vCash
    Favors and Gasol together defensively would be sweet.
    Last edited by Magic11; 11-27-2012 at 11:30 AM.

vCash
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=d3x674s

I don't hate this idea. I'm interested to hear what you guys think of it.

vCash
    I am not impressed with tyreke. he is could fit in the right system(if you had a bunch of good shooters), but he can't at all. Also, he has developed some lazy tendencies which may or may not be playing in sac town. I woudln't do both millsap and burks for him. I mean burks just might be a tyreke light.

vCash
    Hell no to Jimmer and Evans. Hell No.
    FWITHMEYOUKNOWIGOTIT

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dhopisthename View Post
    I am not impressed with tyreke. he is could fit in the right system(if you had a bunch of good shooters), but he can't at all. Also, he has developed some lazy tendencies which may or may not be playing in sac town. I woudln't do both millsap and burks for him. I mean burks just might be a tyreke light.
    I agree, Burks could be Tyreke light. However, Jazz fans (like me) continue to think Burks is going to be good someday. Yet the organization is clearly showing us that he is not part of the future.

1. For starters he is not getting any playing time, they are showing little effort to develop him. I don't see this changing soon!

2. I can see the frustration on Burks face from the bench. He is obviously not happy with his role, and coach doesn't seem to care. If his role doesn't improve dramatically he will be gone the second he can. I don't blame him.

3. The second the Jazz signed Foye it started to kill Burks development. Don't get me wrong, Foye has been a good addition, but doing so was at the expense of developing Burks. I don't know that it is worth it in the long run. I want to see what Burks can do with 20 minutes a night off the bench. I think Foye will get a long term deal here in Utah this off-season.

4. The Jazz are playing Hayward a lot at SG this season. Last season he played SF a lot. I don't believe Burks can convert to a starting PG. IF Hayward is going to be a SG long term then Burks has no future as a starter on this team. Our SG's will be Hayward and then Foye off the bench.

5. For better or worse this organization is committed to winning games over player development. Although I agree with this philosophy in general, I disagree with Burks playing time. Corbin loves his veteran players as evidenced by the Tinsley minutes each game.

6. If and when the Jazz trade Al or Paul, what position do they trade for? Probably another wing player that will need to get minutes over Burks (they better get something good).

Due to the 6 reasons above I actually believe the rumor that Burks is available. If you think I'm wrong (I hope I am) please tell me why I should ignore all these other signs.

vCash
    1. Just because we are not seeing him on the court does not mean we are net helping him to develop his game. As a young guy in this league, if you are getting outplayed by somebody, you better suck it up and work harder to improve. I hope that is the attitude he has!

2. I can understand his frustration but his time will come. If anybody on the team gets injured or starts playing poorly, he's next up. On that note, I thought it was interesting that Randy Foye has the worst +/- on the team of -34. From watching the games, I can tell that the starting unit is getting outplayed often but I don't necessarily put that on Foye. Millsap is -20, Mo Williams is -30 and Al is -2. If this trend continues, we will be searching for options and Burks could certainly be a possibility.

3. I'd like to see Burks get 20minutes a night and I'm sure we will for stretches this season as soon as anybody gets injured. If he produces at that point, it will be really hard to keep him off the court.

4. I like Hayward at SG or SF.. If Burks plays well enough, we'll find minutes for him. Carroll, Marvin, Hayward and Foye have all been great so far though so he'd gonna have to earn it.

5. Tinsley actually has the second highest +/- of anyone on the team at +55.. I think our offense runs pretty nice with him out there and he's starting to make some shots.

6. If we trade Milly or Al, I think it would either be for young guys or draft picks. I guess there is a possibility that we could send them both out for an upgrade at PF/C but that is unlikely.

I'm not going to pretend that I know what our management is thinking, but we are a patient organization and I think that we'll see what Burks is made of before we trade him. Meaning, we will see him on the court a lot before we'd let him go.

vCash
    Jazzman I agree with a lot of your points. We are a patient organization, too patient! I think the Jazz are afraid of the fan support we will get in this small market if we have too many growing pains. As long as we fill ESA and make the playoffs this organization will work well in this market. That is the driving force of many of our decisions.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast