Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





View Poll Results: Charles Barkley vs Kevin Garnett - Higher on the all time list?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Charles Barkley

    16 80.00%
  • Kevin Garnett

    4 20.00%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 38 of 38
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    36,214
    vCash
    1090
    Quote Originally Posted by Rentzias View Post
    I'm not gonna penalize a player for being ahead of his time in a weak era. I'm not speaking specifically to Mikan, but in general, and when you say you take "success" into consideration, then a player's domination of an era, regardless of the level of competition, should be taken into consideration.
    Individually, he wasn't even that successful against his opponents back then. He has some team success but there was like 10 teams back then. Not to mention his talent wouldn't compare to someone in today's game.

    For guys like Russell or Wilt who played in weaker eras, I have no problem considering them Top 50 players because they were both successful and their talent could probably translate to today's game.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    HCA (Homecourt Advantage)
    Posts
    65,589
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    Individually, he wasn't even that successful against his opponents back then. He has some team success but there was like 10 teams back then. Not to mention his talent wouldn't compare to someone in today's game.

    For guys like Russell or Wilt who played in weaker eras, I have no problem considering them Top 50 players because they were both successful and their talent could probably translate to today's game.
    How are Wilt and Russell only top 50 players?
    "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
    - Michael Jordan

    Thanks MJ-Bulls for the picture.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    36,214
    vCash
    1090
    Quote Originally Posted by JordansBulls View Post
    How are Wilt and Russell only top 50 players?
    Because they should still be in the 50 Greatest players in NBA History.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/50_Grea...in_NBA_History

    If I got to do my own 50 Greatest Players in NBA History list, I'd still keep them in it.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    HCA (Homecourt Advantage)
    Posts
    65,589
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    Because they should still be in the 50 Greatest players in NBA History.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/50_Grea...in_NBA_History

    If I got to do my own 50 Greatest Players in NBA History list, I'd still keep them in it.
    You are missing what I am saying. I am saying how are they only top 50 players? They should be top 15 bar none.
    "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
    - Michael Jordan

    Thanks MJ-Bulls for the picture.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    36,214
    vCash
    1090
    Quote Originally Posted by JordansBulls View Post
    You are missing what I am saying. I am saying how are they only top 50 players? They should be top 15 bar none.
    I wasn't saying they were in the 50's range for best player of all time. I was just saying they are in the top 50 players of all time (not talking about ranking here, just that they belong in the group).

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    HCA (Homecourt Advantage)
    Posts
    65,589
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    I wasn't saying they were in the 50's range for best player of all time. I was just saying they are in the top 50 players of all time (not talking about ranking here, just that they belong in the group).
    OK, I was just curious on why just the top 50 notion then.
    "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
    - Michael Jordan

    Thanks MJ-Bulls for the picture.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    36,214
    vCash
    1090
    Well if we want to be technical, if I rank Chamberlain say 7th all time, he'd still be top 50.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    HCA (Homecourt Advantage)
    Posts
    65,589
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    Well if we want to be technical, if I rank Chamberlain say 7th all time, he'd still be top 50.
    Some rank him out of the top 10 now. Not sure how.
    "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
    - Michael Jordan

    Thanks MJ-Bulls for the picture.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •