Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Jarrod Saltalamacchia thoughts...

Keep hearing reports that this guy is going to be the odd man out in Boston. He is a switch hitter with some pop who is not getting paid all that much. Sounds like a perfect match for us. Don't know much about his defense though. What type of package would it take to get this guy?

vCash
    25 HR's is hard to beat, but man does he strike out a ton! Still far better then anything we have or due to come out of the system for 4 to 5 years! I would trade Gee straight up for him. They'll probably want Niese straight up though.

From what I hear the other young catcher is a better long term solution. Boston wants to keep him though!
    " You seek Yoda!

vCash
    Niese for Salty would be a terrible deal for us. If it were Gee, I'd be a lot more comfortable.

vCash
    I wouldn't even trade Gee for Salty. I'd like Salty on this team, but not for a guy who can be in our back rotation for years to come. Salty is a bust he doesn't warrant Gee.

Niese for Salty? Your crazy no way the Sox ask for that. They know Salty pretty much sucks. You realize that 3 years age when Salty actually had some potential still the Rangers traded him to the Red Sox for 3 scrub minor leaguers? Why would they now expect to get a young, cheap, left handed #2/3 starter for him?
    Last edited by BradHolt4CYoung; 11-12-2012 at 02:45 PM.

vCash
    He's a FA in 2014, it's better to wait and sign him than give up anything of significance.

vCash
    Murphy for Salty would be ideal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SILVER SEAVER View Post
    Murphy for Salty would be ideal.
    Boston doesn't need a 2nd baseman, 3rd baseman, or DH and Murphy doesn't hit for enough power to play either corner OF spot.

I would just wait till FA next year if they want him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Boston doesn't need a 2nd baseman, 3rd baseman, or DH and Murphy doesn't hit for enough power to play either corner OF spot.

I would just wait till FA next year if they want him.
    But Toronto needs a 2nd baseman.

Make it happen Omar.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash
    I'd rather trade Murphy for aprencia or however u spell his name then someone like Gee for salty.

Presenting the 2013 New York Mets Outfield.

vCash
    No thanks.